9•Memory

"Oh, jeez, you didn't get into too much trouble, did you?" Armin asked through the phone. Let's just say that after she made that comment, and a few others that were mostly directed towards her soon-to-be sister-in-law, who eventually started responding to the comments, Celine had enough of the small bickering, that they were both guilty of, and had gotten up put of her seat. She even reached over the table, about to grab her neck. And she would have, if it wasn't for Y/N's quick reflexes that made her jump up from her seat, and then B/N had to hold her back.

You can imagine all the apologies from Y/N's mother to the poor blonde.

"No, but my mother only told me to try not to purposefully agitate her, next time." She answered as softly as ever. "Luckily, I only have to stay under the same roof as her for tonight, then that bitch and my brother are going back to France. Or, wherever she came from."

Armin awkwardly chuckled, taking off the tie with a single pull on one end that undid it. "So, now what are you up to?"

He asked this with an attempt to keep a conversation continuing. They only knew each other for about three or four weeks now. But he had already grown quite attached to her.

"I'm taking off the makeup." She simply answered. "Then I'm going to take a shower."

Those last words made Armin personally feel embarrassed. Cheeks heating up and everything, he gently cleared his throat. "I didn't really need to know that last part..."

It was silent on her end for a moment. Then she spoke up, "Why not, pervert?"

"I-I'm not a pervert!" The shortie's cheeks were flaming.

"I mention a shower and your mind thinks that way."

"What way?!" He gulped before calming down with realization, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"Perhaps I did."

It was silent for a brief two seconds before a small, "Hm," was let out as a giggle from the female's end.

He sighed. That was rather mischievous of her. Was she trying to make him become completely flustered?

"I should go now. It's late." The girl suggested. Armin agreed and they bid their goodbyes for the night.

It was just after he hung up where he looked at the phone.

'She's being more careful with her words than usual. She's more hesitant, is she hiding something?' He wondered. The thought of it, accusing her, made him feel horrible. But if she was, it was probably about her memory. He decided to scold himself, 'Armin, stop being so nosy.'

"Armin, can you come here?!" Grampa Arlert was heard calling his grandson.

"Yeah!" He called back in response as he was turning off his phone and setting it on the dresser. He got up from his seat on his bed and walked out the door of his bedroom.

He walked through the hallway and into the kitchen to be greeted with the sight of his grandfather rummaging through the cupboards. On the counter next to him was a small glass cup. Not shot size, but it was still small.

Knowing what he was looking for, he looked to the garbage can to feel disappointment when he saw bottles being piled inside of it.

"Do you remember where I put the rest of the rum?" He asked, noticing the blonde's presence.

"Grampa, I think you drank it all." Armin answered in a sad tone. His grandfather followed up with a chuckle, shutting the cupboard after putting everything back in it.

"Aw, that's a shame. Maybe I should get some at the liquor store tomorrow."

Armin bit his tongue as the elder walked over to the table and sat on one of the wooden chairs.