20•Home Visit

A week has passed and Y/N wasn't answering her phone or going to the park. Armin was going to give it a few days in case she was just sick. She did do a lot of stupid things like wear the wrong type of clothing for the weather, so even though she had a high immune system, he wouldn't be surprised.

'I'm starting to get concerned.' He thought as he checked his phone the millionth time during lunch hour in the library.

Eren noticed and interrupted his own story to talk to him. "Hey, why do you seem so depressed?" He asked. Armin put away his phone and smiled, scratching his cheek.

"Ah, nothing. It's just that Y/N isn't answering her phone-and hasn't for a week." He answered. He was growing slightly anxious and impatient, as he had discovered something important he needed to tell her.

"Dude, if you're so worried, why don't you go by her house to check up on her?" He suggested before taking a bite out of his sandwich, despite that they're not really supposed to be eating in the library.

Who even knows why Armin's friends followed him there, he just needed to get some extra studying done since he replaced his usual studying hours with reading about rebirth.

"I considered it, but last time I was there, she told me to never come back." The blonde mumbled.

"Sounds like she hates you." His friend commented.

"No-no, it's not like that!" He exclaimed in a hushed voice. He looked around to make sure none of the librarians were looking in the direction of the sound. "She said her father thinks I'm a bad influence on her."

"You? A bad influence?" Eren laughed. "She's probably the bad influence!"

The librarians were just about to scold the boy for being too loud, but his stepsister beat him to it.

"Eren, be quiet." She then turned to Armin and offered, "You know, I can check up on her and make sure she's okay."

"Really? Thanks, Mikasa." He sighed in relief. He didn't want to admit it out loud, but her father intimidated the poor timid boy. Probably none of the L/N's want them there, anyways. "Could you please give her something for me?" He asked, knowing she was trustworthy enough to not look inside it.

"Sure, what is it?"

-

The raven haired girl found herself outside the locked gate of the L/N's home. She took a good look at the house and thought to herself, 'Wow, I never would've thought she was rich...'

She looked at the button on the gate, pressing it. She heard a quiet buzz that indicated it works and noticed a red light from the corner of her eye came on. She looked up and saw a camera. She narrowed her eyes at it, suspiciously.

-

The two women were having a silent dinner in the kitchen. They were alone since F/N was working late, fortunately for Y/N.

Then they heard a doorbell sounding throughout the house. They looked at each other as M/N pulled up her phone and opened her security app to look through the cameras.

They bought it long before their children were born, and that's because they've been broken into on numerous occasions by some of F/N's business partners or people he seemed to have wrong.

People are very petty like that.

"Who is it?" Y/N blandly asked.

"A kid. Well, a teenage girl. Do you know her?" She asked, turning her screen toward her daughter. Y/N was revealed a teenage girl with a bob cut and an old red scarf tied around her neck like a tie, despite it being spring.

She instantly recognized her.

-

Mikasa watched the gate open as Y/N stepped outside.

-

"Jesus, did you walk here?" Y/N questioned, letting go of her friend's wrist and sat on her bed. Mikasa gave a half smile and nodded. But her smile fell once the lighting hit the (short/tall/average) girl's face just perfectly and a slightly reddish-brown bruise was revealed on her lower jaw.

She squinted her eyes before motioning to it, "What happened?"

Y/N tilted her head, answering, "Nothing of importance. It's just a bruise, it'll go away soon."

Although Mikasa was suspicious about it, and thought maybe it was from another person and that's why she won't answer, she dropped it.

"What are you here for?" the H/C-ette asked.

"Armin was worried about you, and he needed me to give this to you." She pulled out a neatly folded up sheet of paper from her pocket. She handed it to the (shorter/taller) girl, who scanned it over.

"What is it?" The ravenette asked out of curiosity. The other girl scanned over everything once more.

It was printed out from a computer, and highlighted important parts of it. It was a theory titled 'Suicide Life Theory'.

In short, it's a theory from Europe that a certain 'breed' of people are able to be reborn. If one kills them self, then they would be able to remember all their past lives. The only problem with them killing them self is that everyone else they know has a high chance of being reborn too.

After showing it to Mikasa, simply playing it off as 'Armin is helping me study this for a college exam', despite that she's not in college, Mikasa nodded.

"It sounds like something my mother would believe. She was really superstitious." The average heighted girl admitted.

"Are you?" Y/N questioned.

"Not really. Some times I find myself believing in religious stuff, but I don't really believe in a lot of things. What about you?"

"Hm," she let out a partial chuckle, "Being honest, I'm pretty superstitious."

She folded the paper and placed it on her organized desk, then turned to Mikasa. "Thanks for bringing that. And you can just tell Armin that I am under house arrest-I mean, grounded." She kidded. It caused the other to smile a bit.

"Will do." She promised.

-

"Hey, Eren," The ravenette spoke up, not even gaining the attention of her stepbrother. He was playing a video game, so he wasn't paying much attention to anything and just replied with, "Huh?"

"Y/N told me about a belief where we might be born again." Eren paused the game and looked at his smiling sister, confused as to if why she was bringing this up so suddenly. "If that's true, then I guess I'll get to see you later, Eren."

Eren couldn't understand why Mikasa was acting like this. It was strange for her to mention something so weird so randomly, especially in such a depressing voice.

"Mikasa, why are you saying that?" Eren furrowed his eyebrows.

She shrugged. "I don't know, I guess it's just instinct."

She really couldn't explain it, but it felt like it was necessary to say to him. Leaving him behind, she walked out of his room, shutting the door behind her.