26•Death Proof

Y/N and Armin were still putting together the puzzle, although they were almost finished, when the girl felt footsteps coming closer.

"Your grandfather is coming." She warned in a quiet voice. The androgynous blonde looked to his bed, seeing nothing under it expect for a few boxes.

"Hide under my bed." He whispered. She nodded and did as told, sliding under his bed careful not to make any noise.

A few seconds later, there was a knock on the door. He opened the door and there stood his grandfather, just as Y/N predicted.

"Good morning." Armin greeted. He received a nod and smile on response.

"I wanted to ask you something." Grampa Arlert said, walking into the room.

'Crap,' was the younger's first thought.

"I got a call from Y/N's parents. Her father said she ran away and thought she probably came here." The old man explained in a calm manner. The best think about him is that he never got angry. Even if we was drunk, he never got angry. Even after his son and daughter-in-law died, he never got angry.

The boy scratched his cheek, thinking what lie to tell. "I got a text from her, but she's not here. She said she was going to stay at another friend's house and she won't be home for a while." He lied.

'I've become better at lying.' Armin thought to himself, remembering how bad he was at lying just a few months ago.

"Alright. If she texts you again, please tell me." He said before turning around and leaving his grandson's room.

The blonde sighed.

"You should probably sleep at Mikasa's and Eren's house. Mrs. Jaeger will let you, she's really nice." He advised to Y/N, who was sliding out from underneath his bed.

"Yeah. I hope she'll let me 'hide out'."

-

The H/C-ette texted Mikasa. She asked if she could spend the night at her house for a little while, until she was willing to go home. Mikasa asked her stepmother, Carla, who said she could. Armin was right, apparently.

"You can stay here for as long as you need to." The mother smiled, cleaning the dishes in the kitchen sink. "Mikasa, please set up the mini-bed."

Y/N followed her friend upstairs and into her room. She was grateful that she had somewhere to stay, so she didn't have to sleep on the playground again. Though if it comes down to it, she'd much rather sleep at the playground than her parents' house.

When Mikasa passed the closet on the way to her room, she took out a blanket and handed it to her. Y/N nodded in thanks.

Once they got to the ravenette's room, said ravenette rolled out a lower bed from underneath her own. She put some pillows on it and the other girl put down the blanket she had been holding.

After Y/N and Mikasa set up the bed, the (shorter/taller) girl sat on the lower bed.

"What do you wanna do?" Mikasa asked.

-

For the remainder of the day, they pretty much just watched a bunch of Japanese films, like The Snow White Murder Case and Audition. Mikasa said that they were films that her mother showed her when she was younger. Apparently before her family passed, they used to watch horror and mystery films on the couch every Sunday.