VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!!!

Edit: 26/9/22 I wrote this when I was edgy and 13.

WARNING
This story deals with the following topics;
Abuse, death, anxiety, alcoholism, suicide, and other pessimistic and/or morbid themes.
If you are bothered or triggered by this, turn back now. It's completely okay.

Also, there are spoilers for the second season.

-

This is a MODERN AU. And this is based off of the theory that the title 'To You, 2,000 Years From Now' means that AOT takes place 2,000 years ago.

Also, because this is a modern AU, that means that everyone from AOT who were teenagers will be in high school! Yeyy!

And because they're highschoolers, don't expect them to act exactly the same in AOT. It's a modern world, and the fate of humanity isn't their responsibility. So they're going to act like teenagers.

That being said, I want to say that the most drastic change I've made in personalities is that Mikasa is not going to be obsessive over Eren and will actually have a more motherly personality. At least to Y/N.

I wanted to make her more welcome and open to the reader, and not just characterize her as the only feelings she has are 'protect Eren' and 'obsess Eren'.

I also want to warn you that the timeline for events are kinda jacked up, especially in the flashbacks. This is because it took me over a year to write this book, started February, 2018 and ended April 2019.

-

Y/N -Your Name
H/C - Hair Color
H/L -Hair Length
M/N - Mother's Name (if you don't have one, make one up)
F/N - Father's Name (if you don't have one, make one up)
B/N - Brother's Name (if you don't have one, make one up)
F/C - Favorite Color
S/F/C - Second Favorite Color