Chapter 2

"So, you're still in college? What do you major in YN?" Boss asked, completely engrossed with your answers.

A noble smile caresses your lips
"In engineering sciences."

"So, you build things or what?"

"Yes, I'm actually working on something for my final project, it'll take a while but I'll manage through-"

"So you can fix things?" He seemed eager.

"Well, I suppose I could. If I look at the original blue prints and-"

"You're hired!"

Your eyes widened, timid pupils looking at the man. "W-what..?"

"You're hired!" The man rejoiced and shot up from his seat. Causing the employee from eailer to roll his eyes.

"You are exactly what I'm looking for! I've been needing a mechanic with some-sort of degree for months!" Boss grinned.

"Oh-no you don't understand, I-I was applying for the day shift sir.." You nervously butted in. The Boss' smile dropped so quick, he seemed baffled.

"Day shift?"

You nodded.
He groaned and sat back down.

"Day shifts are between eight am through five pm. You'll get paid five dollars an hour and-"

"Wait, five dollars an hour?" You interrupted. The Boss' face seemed annoyed and you pursed your lips.

He continued with the rules and regulations. You soon began to realize that taking the day shift, along with being the repair man wouldn't earn you enough to maintain an apartment and a car.

Repair men seemed to be payed thousands, but since Boss said you'd be an 'employee-repairman' (A term he came up with) he'd be saving thousands.

You were getting desperate...

"Sorry Boss, unfortunately, the pay won't be able to maintain me and-"

He gave you a cold glare, daring you to continue.

You gulped, beads of sweat caressing your temples. You licked the sweat from your lips and quickly thought of something. "Isn't there like, night hours I can take?"

To you, the request was incredibly ridiculous. However, it made the Boss freeze and the ominous employee smirk. Boss then cleared his throat,

"Well, y-yes but-"

"Then I'll take it!" You grinned. Boss gave you a hesitant stare, then sighed. "Alright, your funeral." He spoke, putting out his cigar on the ashtray by his wrist.

The statement didn't properly process through to you, and you took it as a slight joke.

His facial expression hardend, as he tilted his head to the employee, "Vince!"

The employee huffed.
"Yes sir?" he answered apathetically.

"Take YN for a uniform fitting, you're her guide for the week."

His lazy expression dissipated and he furrowed his brows.

"What. Are you kidding me? We were discussing my work hours, you can't bare me the burden of being a guide! That's why we have that little tyke Edison-"

"Now Vincent."

Vincent pushed himself off the wall and glared down at you.

He jerked his head in the direction of the door, his signal to follow him.