Chapter 12

Mike wasn't the same after that night.

Neither was your output on the purple haired fiend.

That doesn't matter now, what matters is your lead on the missing children.

Myriam was the name of one of the mothers, Gabriel's mother.

You remained in contact with her via her phone number and had her on speed dial should anything turn up or if you had any questions for her.

The info you currently have is:

• Gabriel was friends with the other children

• all of them had a guardian except for one of them (maybe they came from the orphanage a few miles back??)

And the most important thing that Myriam told you, was their names.

Gabriel, Jeremy, Susie, Frank, and Cassidy.

You embedded those names in your mind.

"This should be as easy as-"

"(Y/N)!"

Vinnie stomped down the wooden stairs and jumped onto the cream and plush couch cushion, tearing you away from your written out list.

Your terrorized demeanor becomes placid, yet annoyed as you inspected the redheads cheeky expression.

With the roll of your eyes, you set down the notepad and glare at the childlike grin.

"Oh god, what is it now?"

Vinnie waves her hands in a jubilant manner and inches closer.

"Well! Since we got a day off, I'd thought we could go to the pizzeria and check in on the guys! Or even play a few games and-"

You cut her off with a raised palm and chuckle, "Vinnie why would I want to go to there on a NON work day? I'd rather just stay home- or go to one of my classes early."

"But-but (y/nnnnnnnnnnnn)! I don't wanna sit around and do nothing!" The woman groans as she slowly slides off the couch and onto the matching rug.

Her small eyes concealed by her fluffy bangs peer over to the coffee table and gaze upon the abandoned note pad.

She quickly sat up and scooted over to the notepad and lifted one of its pages.
"Whatcha writin' in here-"

You slam a (s/c) hand on the yellow paper and snatch it up to your chest. "Nothing! Er... its just some notes for my final that's all."

Vinnie squints at your flustered face, then hums as she lifts herself up from the floor.

"If you say so." She shrugs with a grin.

"C'mon, get dressed! We can have lunch at the pizzeria then."

"I dunno... I'm pretty busy." You looked away, and stared at the notepad.

"I'm paying."

With that you hoped up from the couch and padded you way to the stairs, "Why didn't you say so earlier?"

"I just remembered you're only motivated by food!" The woman teased.

-

"It's not so busy on Wednesday's, so we'll be in-and-out in no time!" She asserted, slamming the car door and shoving the keys into her pocket.

"Yikes, gentle much?" You snicker at her harsh movements to the car and she gives a nonchalant shrug.

"S'my car, I can blow it up if I will too."

You disregard the absurd claim and shake your head.