Chapter 5

The first night at your shared place wasn't as restful as you'd hoped it be.

Having Scott help was godsent! It made the whole process easier, but still just as time consuming.

Before the three of you knew it, dawn had just kissed the horizon.

Another day of work.

Your slumbersome figure padded down the mahogany wooded stairs, delicate ears picking up the perky voice of someone downstairs.

"Vinnie.." You yawn out.
"Who are you talking to?"

The petite redhead spun around and flashed a ditzy grin. Cellphone perched against her shoulder, holding three mugs of coffee in her small hands, she made her way towards you. She held a hot mug under your nose and continued her conversation.

Your fingers hugged the mug, and followed right after the red head.
Vinnie stood infront of a sleeping figure on the sofa and you twist your head to get a glimps of them.

It was Scott, passed out on the couch.
Still in his work clothes.

"Scott stayed over for the night. Since we finished so late, I hope you don't mind." Vinnie answered before you could get a word out.

"S'fine. What time is it anyway?" You ask, watching Vinnie shake Scotts' lanky arm.

"Oh. I'm not really-" Vinnie swiveled her head in the direction of a clock. Brows raising, she drops her phone in shock. "Oh geez! We're late!"

You felt your eyes widened and heart begin to race. "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!" You chant, racing up to your room with Vinnie stumbling right behind.

Disorientation and anxiety pulsated through your head as you hauled on your uniform. Laptop snug under your arm, You nearly tumble down the stairs to hurry out the door.
Vinnie already helping a dazed Scott into the car.

You join her in the passanger seat and take off to the pizzeria.

                                    -

The three of you stumble into the diner, tripping over one another through the door.

A few parents shoot questioning glances your way. Your face heats up when quick set of footsteps made way to you.

"Where have you been?" Vincent  demanded with a frown.

Vinnie eyes him,
"We were up late."

Was all she says as Scott ushers her away from her sibling. He exchanged an annoyed glance with Vincent as the two left.

"(Y/n), you got Mahogany and her stingy Dad up my ass asking about where you were last night!" He glared at you.

You scrunch your nose at him and made way to the employees room to clock in.

"I'm in the middle of moving, so I stayed up late. Vinnie and Scott came along to help." You retorted, placing your belongings down. Vincent still hot on your tail.

"Is that another saying for playing hookie?" He flashed you a teasing smirk.

You roll your eyes as he followed you to your first station; the arcade.

Dozens of giggling children raced across the worn out 80's carpeting. A couple of them playing tag nearly knocked you over as they ran by.

You let out a squeak as you begin to fall over. In the blink of an eye, Vincent catches your fall.

Hands placed on your ribs, he straightened you back up and smiles.
"Hey hey, don't go falling for me yet doll. You barely know me."

"Fuck off." You scoff, shoving out of his grasp. He lets out an eerie chuckle before clearing his throat.
"As I was saying,"