Chapter 4

It's felt like just months ago you began working at this dead end job.

You felt the heavy bags under your eyes become more prominent and sleep deprivation putting you off on your homework.

The murder bots plagued your dreams.

In reality, It hasn't even been a week yet. Not a fucking week.

You sometimes thought,
"Was it worth it? Is it really worth putting your life on the line for your job?"

"I shouldn't be asking myself this. I work in a children's establishment, dammit.." You rest your chin on your hand. Contemplating. When a small hand gripped your shoulder.

"Huh?" You asked, shaking the thoughts out of your head.

"Boss wants you and Vincent in his office, pronto." The ginger informed. He pushed his glasses flushed against his nose as you stood.

"Okay, thanks, uh..." Your voice fades as you look expectantly at him.

"Lennon."

"You'll find Vincent in the food court, probably eyeing all the Milf's." He snickered, patting your shoulder then taking his leave.

You shake your head at his comment, holding in a groan. Adjusting your security cap, you made a bee line to the food court.

It didn't take long to spot Vincent, inevitably exchanging conversation with an older woman. You stop dead in your tracks and eyed him. A dashing smile plastered on his tan features, his eyes fixated on the older woman's chest.

With a quick stride you made your way to Vincent, just as he finished up his conversation. The woman's cheeks flushed as she blew him a kiss goodbye as he gave her a quick wink in return.

He met your gaze and his face brightened.

"Hey YN, you look rather lovely today." He spoke with a cheeky grin.

You gave him a glare and yanked the collar of his baby blue shirt. "Boss needs us in his office."

You drag the purple haired fiend right behind you, and he didn't seem to mind at all.

You knock on the wooden door once the two of you arrived. You let go of Vincent once you heard a muffled "Come in!"

"Hey Boss man, what'd you nee-" Vincent came to a sputtering stop. Eyeing the two strangers in the office.

You followed his gaze and your eyes met a pair of piercing gray ones.

A short woman with raven hair placed a dainty hand on her hip.
Her expression sour, as she shifted her weight from one leg to another.

"YN! Please make yourself comfortable! Sit down, sit down." The humored smile on Boss' face made you even more uncomfortable.

You and Vincent exchanged looks and sat down in front of his desk.

"Mahogany." Boss began as he smiled at the short woman.

"This is our new mechanic, YN. YN, this is my lovely daughter, Mahogany!" He introduced the two of you. You smile at Mahogany and she gave you a harsh frown.

"You aren't exactly what I expected.."
She sighed, crossing her tan arms.

"But, if daddy hired you.. I guess you suffice." She glared at her dad as she spoke. He cleared his throat and puffed out the smoke buildup from his cigar, snuffing out the red glow in ashtray beside him.

"Well.. YN, I called you in because you will be working with Mahogany in a very, very important project." Boss began, he stood and walked over to a white board on the other side of the room.