Chapter 6

On your morning commute to Freddy's you bombarded Vinnie with questions regarding the missing children and the deadly duo.

"Why is Vendetta so devoted to Mahogany, Vinnie? It just doesn't make any-"

"One more peep outta you and I'll crash the car (y/n)." Vinnie huffed, knuckles turning white from her tight grip on the steering wheel.

"Okay, just answer me that single one and I'll leave you alone!" You plead, giving her your best attempt at puppy eyes.

Vinnie spares you a quick glance and she snorts. "You gotta do better than that (y/n)."

"I promise! C'mon Vinnie please?"

Vinnie sighs as she shuts off the car. She leans back and flashes you an unamused look. She sticks out her pinky and you hook it with your own, smiling at your small victory.

"I guess it's cause 'Dettas' always been more comfortable with woman than he is with men. I dunno, guess he just hates men like Vincent."

"Plus, he told me that he's known Mahogany ever since he was a kid."

"What? Are they like dating or-"

"Hey! You promised (y/n), now shush!" Vinnie points an accusing finger at you and steps out of the car.

You trail right behind her as she adds,
"I'm in no place to slander my siblings business around to strangers. So shut it!" Vinnie snickers, walking into the diner.

As you were about to give a snarky remark, Vinnie suddenly shoves you to the ground.

"What the hell Vinnie!?" You scold as a vibrant yellow ball soars through the air, smacking Vinnie square in the face.

You fall into a laughing fit as Vinnie held her bruised nose. She recovers and chucks the ball at you.

It bounces off your cheek and you glare darkly at a chuckling Vinnie.

Vinnie smirks,
"Whoops."

A boy with blonde hair skips towards you two and points to the bright yellow ball laying beside you.

"Watch where you throw that thing kid." You frown, tossing the boy the ball as you stand.

He flashes you a toothy grin and scurries away as his friends call him over.

"I save your life and all you do in return is laugh at me?" Vinnie cocks a brow at you and you roll your eyes.

"You still threw that stupid ball at me, so what difference does it make?"

Vinnie snickers and turns her attention to a distressed Mike running towards you two.

"Red! Red, you gotta help me!" He pants, griping onto her shoulders.
"Don't let them do it red! Don't let them-"

Vinnie back hands Mike and then grips onto his shoulders. "What's gotten into you? And what the hell is going on!?"

"Uhm, Vinnie.." You intrude, nudging her arm with your elbow.

Vinnie meets your gaze and looks infront of her.

"Mike, Red, (y/n), into my office. Right now!" Boss scowled at you three and Mike hides behind the bundle of red locks.

Vinnie gives him a confused look and follows right behind the Boss.

You eyed the familiar group of boys already in the room and you crossed your arms.

The deadly duo stood waitingly by Boss' side. A humored smile etched on Mahogany's flawless skin as Vendetta looks as vibrant as he'll ever be.

Those two were cooking up some trouble, and you kind of liked the edge.