Chapter 7

As you walked out into the brightness of the showroom from the darkness of backstage, one thing plagued your thoughts:

Who really is Mahogany Brown?

A nervous aura surrounded her hostile visage.

You were lured in by said aura, igniting your interest in the business woman.

Your mind scrambled with more predictions about her. Clouding your mind from the outside world. You haven't even noticed the toned arm slinking around your shoulders.

“Hey doll, you enjoyed the show?” A husky voice cut though your clouded mind.

As your senses returned, you felt the familiarity of a slender hand giving your shoulder a squeeze.

“Uhm, W-what’d you say?”

“Did you enjoy the show?” Vincent repeats once more, smirking at your flushed face.

“Yeah, sure.” You quickly say, facing away from the grinning man.

“Hey Vince,” You began, clearing your throat.

“You know anything about Mahogany?”

He quirks a brow at you.

“Well, wouldn’t you like to now?” He teases.

You scoff: “I'm being serious, I'd love to know more about her.”

“Why the sudden interest? Nothin’ special about that weirdo.” He frowns, arm still around you.

“I was thinking about inviting her out tonight. After work.” You smile to yourself, thinking about any new hot spots in town.

“What a coincidence!” Vincent hollars, letting you go and now stepping in front of you.

“I was just about to tell you the same thing.”

You smile as you let him hold your soft palms in his calloused ones.
“I wanted us to hangout later.”

Your smile then falters, but not enough to catch Vincent’s attention.

Why would a womanizing narcissist want to spend a night with you?

Was he looking for his next victim..?

His blabbering shook the thoughts from your head and an idea flashed into your mind.

“Why don't we hang out with Mahogany and Vendetta tonight!”

The smirk on the taller mans’ face drops and is replaced with a look of perplexion. “what?”

“We can you to ‘The Bee Hive’, I heard great reviews from there!”

“That tranny bar? You've got to be kidding me, (y/n)! And with the tramp and her stupid ‘no-eyed’ ass kisser-!”

“Vincent! There's nothing wrong with Mahogany! Or your brother! He's a great guy-”

“I don't want that spoiled ponytailed pampered trash around you (y/n)! Don't ever mention him again!” His calloused hands tighten your smaller ones.

A wince escapes your lips and you harden your glare.

“What's wrong with you Vincent?”

His heated glare frightened you to the very marrow of your bones. He lets go of your now bruised palms and slacks his jaw.

“We're going to hang out with them tonight. And we're going to be great friends once you stop being such a titty baby!” You frown, crossing your arms and staring down the man.