IX: Birthday Surprises

Its so weird being 21

It doesn't even feel like it to me anymore after what happened with Erik last night. I knew what I was getting myself into when I first went in there to talk to him. But after what happened I know if T'challa finds out about how Erik knows me, he's gonna be pissed.

"Knock knock?"A voice said as my bedroom door opened revealing T'challa and Shuri."Mother told us what today was so happy birthday"T'challa said as I smiled at him and hugged him.

"I would have something planned for us today but since I didn't know I set up the meeting with Erik Killmonger and the Royal Council today in a hour I'm sorry Karla"T'challa said as I shrugged."It's okay Challa I didn't even want a birthday cause of everything that's been happening"

"Your 21 Karla and your family.We could've  pushed everything away for a day for you"Shuri said as I sighed."It's fine Shuri really"I Said as she nodded."I need to get dress guys I gotta still be presentable"I said chuckling as I still realized me and T'challa were still hugging.

"Okay we will go meet us in the throne room when your done"T'challa said finally breaking the hug and walking away."Happy birthday Karla!"Shuri finally said as she walked after him.

"Thank you!"

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I looked at myself in the mirror as I smiled.I grabbed a jacket and threw it on as I knew that I was probably late to the royal meeting.I walked fastly out of the door and started to make my way to the throne room.

"Happy birthday Princess"A guard said as he opened the door for me."Thank you sir"I said smiling as I made my way into the throne room."Karla Happy birthday sweet heart"Romanda said as I walked over to where she was and gave her a hug."Thank you!"

"I have a gift for you"Queen Romanda said as I smiled."Auntie Romanda you didn't have to get me a pres-""It's not from me child it's from your Mother"Queen Romanda interrupted me as my smile started to fade away.

"My Mother?"I Said breaking the hug as she nodded."I'll give it to you later"Romanda said as I stood there speechless but nodded.The doors opened as it revealed Erik being carried by W'akbi and had huge smirk on his face as soon as he saw me making me glare at him.

"Speak"Queen Romanda yelled as the W'akbi let Erik's arms go."I'm standing in your house serving justice for a man who stole your vibranium and murdered your people.Justice your team couldn't deliver"Erik said as my brother got up and walked towards him with Okoye behind him.