Roasted

A/N:

Get ready to embrace the darkness.
If anyone notices better grammer/spelling in this chapter, then go ahead and thank BadPinkUpLines for beta-reading! °D°

------------------------------------

Phone Guy was brewing coffee as the laughter began. Panicking he ran towards the room he had left to Mike for the night, fearing that something was going wrong in there.
The younger man was sitting on the bed, clutching his temples and laughing maniacally. Together with the scarred skin on his head, he appeared like a horrendous human-experiment and the toothy grin only worsened the impression.
"HEYA PHONEY! WELCOME TO THE LOOP! WHERE EVERYTHING HAPPENS AGAIN AND AGAIN! I'M TONIGHTS HOST, THE WALKING DEAD MAN, SURPRISINGLY NOT THE ONLY ONE AROUND!"
Almost violently Mike jumped up and for a second he appeared as if he came to strangle him, but instead PG was grabbed by his wrist and twirled around, making him fall backwards onto the bed.
"Mike, what has gotten into you?! What happened yesterday? Why where you even there?!"
"Oh, you know!" He put the hand in his pockets, still wearing the bloodied clothing from yesterday, snickering like mad. "The usual! Sneaking in to party with ghost, just to be BACKSTABBED by those kiddens, who apparently thought it would be nice for me to follow their gruesome fate, getting springlocked, you know, severed limbs, drowning on my own blood, pierced through every vital organ I have, just to be saved AGAIN by my FAVORITE serial killer, who suddenly goes haywire as well and is all high and mighty, "Mr. Schmidt" this and "Mr. Schmidt" that and acts like a fucking cunt! And now I'm AGAIN at your house, doing the same fucking thing like last time, making me think that this will never stop until I go ahead and kill some toddlers by myself!"
Worried Simon stood back up, trying to calm him down. "Mike... Please, pause, just a minute... sit down and tell me about the springlocks."
Grinning while staring into nothing, Mike slammed down and buried his face in his hands, at least the mania in his voice had died down. "I told you I wouldn't be there, because I didn't want you to come look for me. The children had invited me to their last party, we celebrated in the saferoom. It was supposed to be their goodbye, so I took it quite seriously. We had cake, music and played games. It was fun. But well, apparently they had decided that I was more part of their group than I realized. Suzy ripped out part of my suit, the Fredbear suit that they asked me to wear before. Gary probably wanted to warn me... argh, doesn't matter. Suzy didn't rip out enough, the suit was still going strong and Orange came in, probably trying to save me and would have succeeded if it had targeted him instead of me. It didn't and I say it, because while going insane she turned into that nightmare abomination. After almost finishing me off it attacked the Orange, who turned insane as well and ate it through a mouth in his throat. YES. THROAT. Began coughing like mad after asking me if I wanted to end it now, began choking, cut his throat open to get rid of the black goo that the monster had left inside of him. Did I forget anything?"
Phone Guy would probably blink in confusion, but he only had a dial, so he simply stared.
"Ah right! Orange turned into that weirdo I've seen before, I thought it was a hallucination, but hell, now apparently the psycho is possessed by some WORSE psycho that talks as if he pisses knowledge and that I hate FAR MORE than the orange piece of shit. He told me about a guy that impressed him... William or some shit. He said you might recognize the name."
"William? Uhh... I mean I know... Mike, l-let me first process this! S-so you say you died..."
"I was literally and I mean LITERALLY completely impaled. If you think I managed to survive that by other means than tell me, I'd DIE to know!"
"Okay, I get it! Let me just..." Now he mirrored Mike's pose accidently. "The kids tried to kill you...?"
"Facial recognition."
"What?!"
"Facial recognition!" Impatient he repeated himself. "The Toys, their ability. Facial recognition and connection to a criminal database. Maybe our old models didn't knew what they were doing, but they knew it perfectly well. They knew the Nightguards weren't their killers, but they killed them anyway. They didn't fucking care at all."
Sympathetic Simon patted his back. "It's hard...
"Hard? It's fucking shit. It's like saving someone's life, just to realize that they are a FUCKING serial killer! I mean, that's pretty fucking accurate, I'd say!" After saying that, he did something that almost made Phone Guy's heart stop.
He leant onto him, completely tired.
"Now tell me, who the fuck is William?"
"U-uh... W-william... uhm..." Desperately trying to focus, he focused onto the scars on Mike's arms, scars that were slowly becoming... thinner...? "U-uh... okay... William..."
"Simon, are you malfunctioning? Do you need me to punch your head until it works again?"
"NO! S-sorry, I'm just... confused... William, right? I only know one William and he's called William Afton, owner of Afton companies and former co-owner of Fredbear's Family diner, together with Henry Miller, who-"
"Ah...AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAAA!" Mike stood up, walked towards the next wall and began to bash his head in.
"MIKE! STOP!" Quickly he grabbed the man, who's forehead was already bloody, eyes glowing dots. "Don't h-hurt yourself!"
"HE TOLD ME! HE MOTHERFUCKING TOLD ME! THAT MOTHERFUCKER LOOKED ME STRAIGHT IN THE EYE AND T O L D ME!"
"What?! Who?"
"Purple Guy. Vincent-Dave-piece-of-shit, the king of cunts, the visual aids!"
"HE? William Afton?!"
Mike fell back on the bed, groaning. "Or maybe not, but I'm pretty fucking sure by now. I mean, first piece of evidence! He told me so and that's right his style. Secondly! He knows the robots more than everyone else. A fucking GUARD couldn't know that much!"
"Wait, you're serious? The business man and two in a century talent? That freak?"
"Can you google a picture of him? That would settled it."
Five minutes later they stared at the pictures.
"Welp. You want to tell me you can't see it?"
"You mean the purple skin, the psychotic smile and the glowing eyes?"
"Nah, fuck that, I mean the pose. OF COURSE THOSE FUCKING THINGS!"
"I... I maybe should have googled pictures of that sooner. Okay, William Afton fakes his own disappearance, just... to work at Freddy's? Why- I mean, his restaurant was sold after his partner died, but..."
"Partner? Henry Miller, right?" He quickly scrolled down and stopped.
Black eyes, black smile.
What a cunt.
Hopefully his death was painful.
Death.
Yeah. Death.
And somehow he came back.
And somehow he possessed Orange.
Henry Miller.
Mike stood up and powered the computer down aggressively. "What a waste of time."
"Huh?"
"What does it do? I mean, look what does it help that we now know his name? He fucking chased me around, he fucking fooled me. He made me believe that I would gain something from knowing who he is. But I don't."
The way Mike talked made Simon pause and wait for him to continue.
"The only important thing is getting rid of him. Getting rid of everything. We need to stop the cycle, Simon."
"U-uh... Mike, what are you planning?"
"Simon." He stepped towards him and grabbed his shoulders. "I don't need to know who this Henry Miller is to know that he's not supposed to be here and to know that he's the worst."
"You... don't need to know...?"
"We have to end it now. No more playing nice. We'll get rid of the animatronics, we'll get rid of the child murderers and then we will be on the run! Or something. As long as we destroy that fucked place, I'll be happy."
"Mike... they will come for me."
"And I will protect you. I promised we would both achieve our dreams and we can't while we are caged!"
It was odd to see Mike's fired up in this way. Not in the usual destructive hateful way, but pure energy to create. To do.
"A-are you serious?"
"Yes. Now, let's get going. How can we kill them? Slicing their throats won't CUT it!"
"Ahhhhh... Mike... don't...."
"Sorry, when I'm stressed, my attitude to stupid wordplay PUNdamently changes. It's actually the only way to keep myself sane."
"Mike, I- ... I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm actually going to fight Freddy's... with... with you. Freaking heck..."
"Simon, you're free. SAY IT."
"A-ah... I don't really..."
"SAY IT."
"F... fffff..... F-f-f..." The next words were a silent murmur. "...fucking h-hell..."
Mike snickered. "Cute."
"C-c-cute?!"
Realizing what he just said the Guard burned up as well. "I- I mean- Whatever, let's go! We have to come up with a plan and prepare a trap, so we should be at Freddy's early!"
Rushing outside, he almost forgot to put on his shoes.
Needless to say that they didn't managed to come up with anything until Jeremy wandered in, glowingly happy hugging his Marionette. This made Mike perk up.
"Jerry! Can I borrow your nightmare- the Marionette for a minute?"
"Uh... of course! But please, be nice to each other..."
In its usually snake-like motion the Puppet freed itself from the hug and followed Mike to a corner.
"You were right, Marion."
Oh, really? What a surprise.
"I'm sorry."
Shocked the being paused.
"I know you wanted to help me and I was an asshole. But now we have a real problem and I need your help."
My help...?
"Henry Miller."
In an instant Marion had his claws exposed.
How do you know that name?
"He's back."
HOW?
"He took control over Orange. But don't ask me how, rather tell me how to get rid of them again."
We need to act NOW. Henry is a force to be reckoned with and the longer he gets, the more likely he will be able to win the fight, no matter what we plan.
"I'm ready when you are, but how can we kill something like that? I SAW HIM SLIT HIS OWN THROAT."
Burning him is the only option. There is not one single piece of the body allowed to exist, or he might regenerate.
"Burning?"
We have to use the gas pipes.
"No problem, I can wreck them whenever needed. What about the animatronics? Can we burn them alongside?"
For a heartbeat, Marion hesitated, but ultimately nodded.
"Good. Let's give them the day, so no one else gets hurt and maybe, hopefully, the firefighters need longer to get here."
A day might be enough for him to regain control!
"Do you want to burn Jerry?"
... Fine. We need to find a reason to get him into the main hall. I will take care of the rest.
They nodded at each other, finally on the same page. A hint of kindness were in Marionettes next words.
Thank you for working with me. I should have told you what the children were up to.
"You know, I don't fucking care anymore. I already dealt with playing nice with that one guy who tried to kill me, so as long as you help me ending it... results are right now all that I care about."
I'm... somewhat surprised we're on the same side in the end.
"So am I. I'll go prepare the pipes, see you this evening."
Marion returned towards his friend and wrapped himself around him. Dreadful.
"Was Mike nice, or should I talk to him?"
Sorrowful he inspected the boy. After getting rid of Afton, Miller, Orange Guy and saving the children he would have to... leave...
Leave him behind, wondering if he would be fine on his own.
Quickly Marion shook those thoughts off. He couldn't afford being worried about someone else than the kids, or he would might be stuck here forever.
No, no... we had a nice chat.
"About what?"
I'll tell you shortly before closing time.
Time passed and Marion watched the children, the guards and the humans carefully. So, this was it, huh? The last day in this wrenched world. He hadn't really... expected that. But it would be better on the other side.
Hidden inside of the backpack, he peeked at Orange Guy.
Indeed he was acting strange today, his body was twitching at seemingly random intervals. William stood next to him, apparently without any energy of himself. It was almost pitiable.
This was his last day on earth. Not only for William Afton, Orange Guy and Henry Miller, but for him as well.
The last time to be in this restaurant. Hearing this somewhat stupid, but nostalgic in this context. Seeing the customers walk and talk.
Seeing anyone walk and talk.
Maybe.
And before he could even come to terms with the situation, the customers began to leave and Mike gave him a sign.
Marionette softly tugged on Jeremy.
Let's go into the office shorty, I have to tell you something.
"No problem!" Walking towards the office, he carefully listened to Marion's pleas.
About the children that could be freed with fire, a fact he had known already.
About Henry Miller and William Afton and how important it was to get rid of them.
About freedom.
Of course, there were those abomination that called William their father, but... it was questionable if they were even able to be saved.
Jeremy had silently listen and nodded from time to time. After the Puppet had finished, he smiled.
"No. I won't let you do that."
What?!
"We won't kill anyone. We aren't bad people, Marion. We will help them change instead! And the kids, don't they need their names to be freed?"
What... what do you mean? I told you about Henry! We have to end it now! And the names would only make it easier, they aren't obligatory.
"No, Marion. I won't help you kill anyone and if you keep trying I WILL stop you! Death is not the answer!"
Jeremy... I'm sorry.
"Why? I know you just want to help, but it's-"
The Marionette clawed into the neck of the young man.
"I'm so very, very sorry." His arms hanging dead by his side, he moved to the outside. Henry was having a conversation with Mike in front of the stage, but unexpectedly William had wandered off.
Well, this body would give an easy solution. Slowly he stepped towards him, trying to play Jeremy as convincingly as possible.
"Mister... uh, Dave, would you mind take a look at this?"
The Purple Guy followed him, surprised. "What is it?"
"The suit in the saferoom... it moves."
Grinning he rushed forward. "Oh, REALLY? That's new!"
"I think Fredbear wants to do something!"
Mike shortly paused his own conversation as Jeremy touched his shoulder and whispered into his ear. "Take the Phone Guy and leave, after you ripped the gas pipes open, but make sure you let Jeremy out before you close the doors." Louder he continued. "Mr. Orange Guy, w-would you mind come along as well? You two seem to know those old animatronics best..."
"I was just having a pleasant conversation with Mr. Schmidt, I would prefer-"
"No, I have to go now anyway. We have later time to talk." Mike's sour expression made it obvious he didn't really wanted to.
Slowly Mike stepped back, waiting for them to vanish around the corner. Now hurrying back, he ripped open the gas pipes.
Phone Guy was standing next to the front door, ready for the big plans and Jeremy came bolting into the main hall, stumbling as soon as the puppet removed the thin metal connection between them.
"Hey, Jeremy, he didn't moved at all!" Dave skipped out of the backroom, accusingly.
No. I lied.
Menacingly the monster floated in the middle of the room, claws exposed and ready to fight if necessary. In one of them he held a lighter.
"Hey, what's going on here, boss?" Freddy came up, making Henry realize the situation in a split second.
"You ungrateful kid."
But before he could move, the puppet activated the lighter.
At least he tried to.
Henry began laughing madly at the sad attempts of getting the plan to work. "Your fingers are too thin to create the friction needed to handle this kind of task. Despite that I applaud your effort, if you find solace in that."
Mike, who had caught Jeremy, looked up, his face contorted with anger, yet before he could stand up to take over, Dave had his gun out and pointed at him.
"You might won't die, but you'll be pretty paralyzed if I get a good hit. So don't."
Henry smiled smugly. "Marionette, please do us all a favor and crush the item in your hand, or we might have to eliminate every being around here capable of operating this tool and that would be a shame. Ten seconds or we will start with the boy."
Reluctant the animatronic clenched it in his fist and let the scraps fell onto the ground.
"No..." Phone Guy stepped forward.
"William, put away your weapon, they complied after all. It is time to return home."
No one said a word, not even the animatronics.
But Phone Guy kept walking until he stood in the center of the room, his fists shaking. "I said no."
"You did indeed. Yet I am unable to percieve any sort of importance inside of this word, as it lacks any context."
"I'm the manager here. This is my establishment and there... there is something I should have said to you a long time ago."
"Is there? I am currently listening."
"... FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKING CUNT OF LITERAL DECAY, I'M SICK OF YOUR SHIT!"
Completely shaking the manager clenched his head a little, trying to ignore the constant beeping in his head.
"Why do you do this? Now I will have to order a new version of you... what a hassle..."
"AH?! YOU DO?! I DON'T FUCKING CARE! YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL DO THAT MYSELF FOR YOU! BUT BEFORE THAT, HERE'S A CALL FOR YOU!"
He began dialing in a number, while an unimpressed Orange Guy yawned. "Please refrain from screaming, my ears are in perfect condition and I would prefer to not ruin that."
High pitched error noises sounded almost like laughter and Mike wasn't sure if he should be proud of the insults or panicking because of their failure.
Slowly and in the absolute silence almost deafening, the dial began to roll towards its end. "You know where the fuck it's from?!"
Uncomfortable Dave stepped back, feeling that something was wrong with Phoney.
"STRAIGHT FROM HELL!" With that he ripped off his receiver.
The bare cables laid open, exposed to the gas.
Henry couldn't even do as much as widen his eyes in realization.
"RING, RING, MOTHERFUCKER!"
The cables tried to send the signal so the receiver would ring, but the electrical impulse found something else.
Lots and lots of inflammable gas.
BOOM.
Fire and heat engulfed them quicker than expected, almost making Phone Guy unconscious.
The ground shook under a second explosion and some parts of the roof already began to crash down. Dave had grabbed his friend's hand, leading him towards an escape route, but the animatronics who had picked up on the plan blocked the way. Even Bonnie stood by their side.
Fire cleanses the soul.
Everyone knew that.
And if the soul was so rotten that it couldn't sustain itself... it was destroyed.
"AND THUS YOU SACRIFICE YOUR OWN FRIEND IN THE END!" Henry screamed at the Marionette, grinning his black, hateful grin. His eyes flickered dark as he moved an arm upwards. "So be it. I should have known better, but at least we all will go, my dear, old friend."
The ceiling broke down onto Jeremy's body and while Mike reacted quick enough to not get their heads bashed in, it landed on his leg, making him break down.
Panicked the Puppet stood by their side, picking up Jeremy, while Simon was helping Mike up.
In a desperate attempt Marion tugged on the door, a door that had been locked all of a sudden.
Smirking Orange Guy stood in between the flames. "Never been to a haunted house before, I see. Foolish acts without careful plotting leads to an unpleasant end."
In a sudden and violent way Phone Guy grabbed a metal bar and handed Mike over to the Marionette, to step towards the taunting man.
"Shut the fuck up, or I will press your face personally into a pile of burning trash. No, that wouldn't be enough... before you die, I'll shove this metal so far up your ass, you'll choke on it. What did your mother fuck to get an abomination like you?" Ignorant of the smoking coming from his sizzling skin he grabbed the bar tighter, his whole body radiating with determination.
"A-an eggplant." Dave grabbed his friends arm and dragged him away, his eyes showing a hint of real worry. With his other hand he petted the shaking animatronic in his pocket.
Poor Alice didn't deserve this, but at least she was keeping up bravely, sending the signal he told her to use.
He needed to get them all out of here as soon as possible.
Marionette tried to free the room towards the backdoor, feeling himself melt little by little.
The heat and flames bit into the fragile cables his body provided and he knew he wouldn't make it.
He had been wrong.
So wrong.
Henry laughed and laughed outside and inside of his head, Henry was inside of his head and laughed, laughed, laughed.
"MOVE MIKE! I BEG OF YOU!"
Terrified he turned around, Mike was breaking down again and again, his leg probably broken, while Phone Guy was denying himself to move faster than his friend could. He had thrown the bar away and instead using his arms to support Mike.
Another explosion shook the building, he could almost see a bit of the outside.
At least it ended now.
His machinery broke down, so close, he was so close. The other exit, the backdoor was so close to him, Jeremy, Jeremy, move!
Jeremy, I'm sorry, I didn't knew you would be out so long, please Jeremy, please MOVE!
Failure.
What a failure.
No way out. At least there was no way out.
End. End now. It hurts.
There was one last chance, at least for his only friend.
With his last bit consciousness, he touched Jeremy's shoulder.
R
I
S
E

Suddenly he lost touch.
The monster.
The monster played her music and smiled. Gracefully she bowed down.
"I will help you."
She picked him up, touched him, corrupted-
Save him.
"My pleasure." Jeremy was picked up under the other arm.
The cooling air slowly took him away.
Saved by the thing he wanted to destroy.
At least they wouldn't be able to get to their creator. Let this be the end.
I beg, don't let it all be for nothing.
He had killed them all.
He had freed the souls. Gave them the opportunity to go to heaven.
End it.
A giant explosion ripped apart the night, shaking the ground.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star...
Oh I wonder how you are...
Sleep.
No.
They were alive. The monster was humming her tune, the monster, the monster...
Voices.
"I-I got s-some! L-let me bring, bring, bring them o-out!"
"Where is father! WHERE IS FATHER!?"
The Marionette smiled. It was done.
Sirens in the distance.
Fire in the back.
The merged monster had arrived and laid down Mike and Phone Guy.
Well, he had kinda preferred if they had burned for their fair share of sins, but it wasn't the worst.
The murderer were finished.
That was all that counted.