Open up

A/N: So, semi interesting information at the end. Otherwise only one thing to say!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY!

-------------------------------

Silently murmuring swears, Mike followed Simon out of the restaurant. One day, he would have to pay that Orange turd back for this ridiculous, stupid teasing. It wasn't even as if it was that bad, but today was not the day to push him.
Shortly he shot a glance at his boss and best friend.
Today was the day, huh?
A few days before, he had taken apart an old fashioned phone, in hopes to be better prepared for what was coming, so he could maybe differentiate between what was supposed to be in a phone head and what not.
Not that it would help. This was more or less not a phone what Simon had on, but rather a designed... a designed torture device, made to isolate and manipulate the poor man that it was placed upon.
Okay, he was unfair. It DID keep PG alive, but to what prize...?
Neither of them talked, both far too scared of the next hour to make any type of banter.
What if he fucked up?
He could kill of Simon by accident.
Jesus, why did he even encourage this?
Because it was obvious that the man was suffering over not knowing what was true and what wasn't.
Once more he sighed.
This had to be done.
He would have to be careful. No cords would be separated until he was sure where they led to. Nothing would be broken.
Christ, he had to calm down.
"Simon?"
"Yes?"
"What are you going to do, once you know what happened to your brother?"
"Search for him, I guess. There's just no way I can ignore it if he's still out there... but I don't know how I would get that past the factory."
And if he's dead, they would probably visit his grave. This time he didn't need to ask.
"I'm sure we'll find a way."
"... I don't know. I've talked to the head of the factory in person and she didn't appear pleased with what I've done and especially that I've managed to get away with it."
"If push comes shove, we'll just be on the run and escape them!"
"You sound awfully excited about that."
"Well... first off: No more Freddy's, secondly no more killer robots, thirdly no more Dave and Orange Guy."
"Wow, that sounds like a great deal! Catch being that we will probably die, never know if tomorrow will be our last one, never know if we'll get attacked- wait. That sounds and awful lot like Freddy's."
Slightly chuckling at this rather bleak outlook on their future, Mike decided that it was time to accept that whatever awaited them would happen, no matter what.
They entered Simon's home and the Phone didn't hesitate one second to pull out the oddly shaped screwdriver. "I'm ready."
"You mean, your body is ready?"
"Yes."
"Uh... that was supposed to be a joke..."
"Hurry up, I can't wait any longer, I'm going insane."
"I don't feel comfortable with your word choice."
"I don't feel comfortable with how much time you take! Do you want to help me, or do you just want to feed your dirty mind?"
"I don't have a dirty mind! Christ, calm down! I'm fucking here already!" Using some of the leftover anger he always seemed to be storing inside of his body, he stepped forward and began to screw at the back of the metal plates, taking it off with ease.
PG was giggling, nervously. "This must be the equivalent to having an open brain surgery... and out of ALL people, you're my doctor."
"What's that supposed to mean? I could have become a doctor if it weren't for my anger issues!"
"You still have those anger issues, may I remind you?"
"Shut your fucking mouth, or I'll rip something connected to the speakers out!"
"So, you can see were everything leads to?"
"... More or less?" Mike skeptically glanced at the mess of parts. This was a fucking chaos, how the hell could he find out what it was that blocked PG's memories?
"Great! What is the block?"
"I... I'll take a closer look for that one." Carefully the Guard pushed a few cables aside. "Do... do you feel that?"
"No? Mike, those are my insides, I have NO NERVES there."
"How unnerving..."
"Was that a pun?!"
"No, it's called wordplay. God, you have got some NERVE to just snap like that."
"I will now stop acknowledging your existence."
"Really? Now I'm getting nervous."
"I'm feeling pain from this bullcrap, my head is probably going to explode at any minute!"
"Fine, fine, I'll stop..."
For another minute or two, Mike rummaged around, trying to figure out what was there to ensure his friend's mere existence and what was there to control him. After a while he spotted a particularly suspicious looking box. "I think I'm onto something... there's this weird... thing. It's separated from all the cables, so it seems important."
"That might be my chip. It needs extra protection, since it keeps my functions under control."
"Are you sure about that?"
"It's what I was told..."
"That's what I would tell my victims, if I didn't want them to figure out how to free themselves."
"Only one way to find out!"
"What?"
"Take it out!"
"Are you suicidal!?"
"The robots work without a brain, I can too!"
"Uhm... I don't think that is how it works."
"Either you take it out right now, or I'll take it out myself."
"How you're gonna do that if I'm here to stop you?"
"ARE YOU PART OF THE CONSPIRACY?!"
"Wait, what?"
"Listen. Mike. I'm pretty darn scared right now. I just want it to be over, I want to get this done."
"I won't just allow you to kill yourself out of impatience!"
"But you said it yourself: Where else could the block be? I need to be able to survive without my chip, why else would there be the option to remove it?"
For another minute, Mike paused. "If you die..."
"I won't!"
"I said IF you die, you should know that... t-that..." Mike slightly cursed his mushy feelings. "... You were the best friend that I ever had..."
"... Come on, now you're just making me needlessly nervous."
"Here goes nothing... are you ready?"
"FOR HECK'S SAKE, I SAID I WAS, I-"
With that Mike ripped out the chip, managing to get it out in one good swoop. He stared at the piece of mechanic in his hand, not daring to look at Simon.
Thankfully, soon enough he heard laughter from him.
"A-are you alright? Simon?" Did his partner just snap?!
"Sorry, Mike- it's just-" Again he interrupted himself through a hysterical laughter.
"Calm down, what's wrong?!"
"Just... just... McCall..."
"What? Could you explain what THE FUCK is going on?!"
"My name! It's... Simon McCall..." The man had sat up again, giggling helplessly, before clutching his head again. "A-argh... it... hurts..."
"Simon McCall. Are you fucking-"
"IAN!"
This time the more cynical one decided to make no comment and simply stared at Phone Guy's break down. The poor guy was screaming.
"IAN, IAN, IAN, IAN!" Simon as sobbing, even if he shouldn't be able to. He was hugging his own legs, rocking back and forth.
Slowly and hesitant, Mike sat down next to him and after another moment of doubt, hugged him for a while.
It took an eternity for him to calm down. The other one didn't know what to say. It was pretty obvious that Ian was dead and probably not in a very peaceful manner.
Should he ask where to go to visit his grave?
Should he ask what happened?
Would that make things much worse?
Time passed, until the constant hiccup of his friend stopped. They stayed silent though.
Finally, Phone Guy began explaining, not moving his body away from Mike, not even looking up, still hiding in his jacket.
"We won't have to search for him. I killed him."
"Wait, what, excuse me?!"
"I sent him to Freddy."
"You..."
"I didn't..." For a moment it appeared as if he was going to break down again, but his shaky breaths kept consistent. "He was depressed, clinical. We couldn't afford to get him help. I couldn't afford it, even if I wanted more than anything else. I was... saving up for it... until then I vowed to keep him always around me, so he wouldn't... hurt himself. I tried to keep him safe. At Freddy's. Haha. Anyway, I kept him around, trying to entertain him as Spring-Freddy. It didn't always work, but it was better than nothing. One day though, I... I had to go and clean the bathrooms and... he wanted to leave. I begged him to stay. I told him to go to Freddy and talk to him for a bit, or at least watch the show."
Another pause ensued, one Mike didn't dare to interrupt until Simon continued on his own.
"I was halfway done when I heard the screaming. Came out to check. The stage. Freddy... Freddy had bitten through his head." Now the shaking returned, worse than before. "I'm pretty sure he put his own head in there. I'm pretty sure he used Freddy to kill himself. Because I left him on his own. Because I told him about the incidents that happened. I told him that they were able to do that. I gave him that idea."
"Stop spouting NONSENSE! You couldn't fucking know it, could you?! How INSANE has someone to be to try animatronic-suicide?! That's nothing you could have foreseen!"
"BUT I SHOULD HAVE!"
"NO! STOP FEELING GUILTY ABOUT IT!"
"STOP BEING ANRGY WITHOUT ANY REASON! DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW I FEEL?!"
"YES, COINCIDENTLY I DO! AND IT'S RETARDED!"
For the first time that they knew each other Phone Guy punched him, right in the face. "YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE!"
Slowly the Guard raised his hand to the burning part of his face, noticing a bit of blood coming from his nose. Not sure on what to feel, he looked up at Phone Guy's face and for a split second he was sure he saw a real human head there, tears streaming down it, red and contorted in anger and sadness.
For a split second he saw himself sitting there, with raised fists. "I'm... I'm so sorry. I... I shouldn't have said that."
Phone Guy let his fists back down, shaking his head, without saying a word.
For a while, the Guard tried to find the right words. "I... It's... It really isn't your fault. There was nothing you could have done. Horrible things happen to good people, horrible things happen all the time. There's no one who could change that... and... I know how hard it is to accept that. I'll- I'll leave you to it."
"Just shut your fucking mouth and don't move." Simon hid in Mike's shoulders. "I wish I did't know this. I-I wish... I wish this would all go away again."
"Should... I get the chip?"
"No. It's useless. I... I remember so much now. I remember talking to those other chipless Phone Guys who were telling me things about... about the factory... Oh dear god, Ian's head was only mush. Red disgusting-"
"Simon."
"I know, I-I should... they reuse the metal, merging souls-"
"Simon! Try to..."
"WHAT? TRY TO WHAT?! SUPRESS THIS?!"
Helpless Mike once more hugged him tightly, hating himself for not being able to help. Phoney on the other hand began to laugh.
"They had all kind of names! All kinds of Phones! Melting the head... melting them... they say the factory has an alarm for the chip. They say the factory is a living being. They say the factory has a soul for itself..." The man was probably only laughing, because he didn't want to scream.
"Those are rumors!"
"Y-yeah... yes, you're right. My head is my own. My head is my own. My head is my own. I'm so sorry, Mike."
"What?! WHY?"
"It's horrible to not know if you're really fully yourself."
"You..."
"That's what it is, right? Metal in your head-"
At this point Mike wasn't sure about who he was talking and so decided to better stay neutral.
"Those delusions, are they you, are you them, who's real, who isn't, do you act like this because you want to or because it forces you to?"
"Please, you aren't making sense-"
"Do you think Freddy absorbed Ian's soul?"
"I- What's that for a question?"
"Imagine that! HAHA! IMAGINE! JUST WANTING TO DIE! AND BECOMING IMMORTAL! HAHAHAHAHA!"
"SIMON!" Enough was enough and he grabbed the hysterical guy at the shoulders. "THIS IS GETTING OUT OF HAND!"
"OUT OF THE HAND INTO THE HEAD, BUT WHAT'S WITH THOSE WHO HAVE NO HEAD?! APPARENTLY IT RUNS IN MY FAMILY!"
Helpless Mike began shaking him. "Simon! I need you here! Don't- Don't let it overtake you!"
The laughter was still there, but it now sounded far more like sobbing again, while PG was shivering, trying to get control over his breath again. "Ha...ha... s-since when would YOU... say something... need someone... ha...ha..."
"Fucking hell, please... please, Simon, get your shit together. I would be lost without you here."
"Ha... ha. Y-you're the worst."
"Why- I mean, yeah."
"You're always... so... such an asshole..."
"Hey, I wasn't the one trying to befriend you..."
"Right, right, you're... just pretending to be my friend, aren't you?"
"WHAT? COME ON, PG, I AIN'T A MONSTER!"
"Mike... my brother is dead."
The man suppressed a "and my mother is dead too".
"That's why I let him Springtrap me. That's why I'm here."
"... yeah...?"
"For a new beginning. And what did I do with it?"
"You created a fairly safe Freddy's?"
"You think...?"
"As safe as these place can be, in my opinion."
"Do you think... Ian... would like it...?"
"Probably." How would he know?
"You're... one hell of a guy..."
"... thanks...? Listen, I'm really sorry ab-"
"Can I sleep in the same room as you tonight?"
Fucking hell, how could he say no without coming off as a total monster? "... It's alright."
"Haha, your expression... I'll sleep on the ground, getting myself a mattress or something..."
"If you wanted, you could—it's... fine..."
"Look at yourself!" Laughing exhausted, Simon shook his head. "No. You wouldn't like it. You hate it already."
"I said it's fucking fine!"
"And I said no!"
"YOU'RE GONNA SLEEP IN THE SAME FUCKING BED AS ME."
"Christ, no means no, Mike! Buy me dinner first!" His laugh sounded a little less hysterical, but pretty desperate.
"I--- you--- FUCK! As if I care, sleep wherever you want!" Fully red in the face, the sensitive guy jumped up and let to the bedroom he used the last two times. "ANYWAY, I'LL SLEEP NOW. NIGHT."
Following him, Phone Guy dragged a mattress into the room and laid down on it, cuddling into the blankets, while desperately trying to not let his mind wander back to the crushed head and the blood dribbling down the snout...
It was... how long had it been? He couldn't even remember the year. All he remembered was this numb feeling. This endless numbness after seeing him die. If he remembered correctly, his first break-down had been in the factory. Once he learned that he wasn't allowed to follow Ian and pay for his mistake.
The factory was a strange place.
The chipless and the "broken" were held in the same quarters, at least until they got chipped or... got rid of. Usually, the metal would get reused as often as possible. The more often a metal was used, the better-behaved the Phone Guys turned out as more and more minds weakened each other and distracted one another.
His metal was probably pretty new. Yes, there were a few memories in there that didn't add up, probably of a few other Phone Guys before him, but they were weak and far away.
The stories of the "broken" Phone Guys were pretty unpleasant as well. One talked about a birthday party he did for killed children, to appease the spirits or something... thing being that he had killed a fresh batch of children himself.
Another talked about his "urges". He only spoke once to him, he disgusted him.
One other simply stated that he tried to protect his friend and employee. He was the one who looked the saddest.
Some chipless avoided them, some listened to all of their story, fearing to do the same mistake. He had been one of the listeners. Maybe that was the reason he could "remember" so many things of other places.
More and more stories flooded his brain and while he was happy they weren't his fault, it still made his stomach turn that he was capable of those things.
Shortly he wondered how much time has passed. Restless he rolled around in the sheets, asking himself if it had been the right idea to force the hand of fate and open his eyes. Now he didn't move forward one bit and even felt worse than ever before. Guiltier than he ever could have been without his thoughts.
So, that was him. Simon McCall, taking care of his sick brother, all on his own, without being able to ask anyone for help. No wonder he worked at Freddy's. Though, when he thought back, he seemingly was excited about working with kids.
Silently laughing at himself, he asked himself how he could overlook all the ungrateful toddlers of the world.
Maybe he was just far too positive back then.
Again he turned, feeling himself freezing.
He never felt this lonely ever before.
All of a sudden, there was movement next to him and someone- who are we kidding- Mike joined him under the blanket. Neither of the said anything, but the warmth already was enough to make that pain in his chest feel better.
Thank you, Mike.
Slowly he began thinking about their time together and became more and more tired, until he drifted off.
Hours later, another day, another place, someone else was entering the restaurant. It was Jeremy, who came WAY too early, because he had forgotten a few things and didn't want to risk Phone Guy accidently throwing it away.
Marion was still sleeping in his bag where he placed him... he was glad that the animatronic didn't have any more nightmares. It hurt to see the creature suffering.
Slowly he sneaked into the darkened establishment, hoping not to scare the current Nightguard. Who was even at duty this evening?
Quickly he spotted Dave, who was sitting on the stage with Baby and Old Sport. The Orange Guy was lying on his partner's lap, apparently sleeping, while said partner was again and again stroking over his hair.
Friendly waving Jeremy walked over to them, greeting him silently.
The Purple Guy smiled at him, relaxed in a way he never had seen him before. "Jerry-Berry! Whatcha doing here this early?"
"I forgot some stuff!"
"Hm... so it was your bag... sorry, the Minireenas got to it and searched a little... I think they might judge you for whatever was in there."
"Uh... I think it's okay. You seem happy!"
"Hm..." Smiling even wider, Dave's attention turned back on Old Sport. "Say... Jeremy... did you ever feel the need to hurt someone, because you love them so much?"
"No...? That doesn't sound really... healthy?"
"You know... wanting to see him broken, scared and sad so you can make it all better? So he trusts you more?"
"If he finds out, he won't trust you for any longer..."
"But... just... he'd understand... he just needs to learn how much better it is. You know, see the pain as a reminder that I am the one keeping him safe."
"I really think that would be wrong, sir."
Dave looked up and stared at him, expressionless, before giving him his typical goofy smile. "You're a bit too young to understand anything about that, kiddo! On a completely unrelated note, I've made some improvements to your animatronic! It's almost done~"
"Really?! Can I see it soon?"
"You've gotta escape your puppet-friend first."
"Escaping is a bit of a harsh word, but the sentiment is clear! I'll see what I can do!" Skipping off, he tried to find the smaller bag. While the thing wasn't where he last left it, giggles out of the vent next to him gave him a hint.
"Hello? Minireenas? Do you hear me?"
More giggles were the answer and Jeremy smiled glad, he loved how cute and happy they always were.
"Could you tell me if my bag is in there?"
Loud giggles and a bit of banging from something heavy being moved in there was all he needed to know.
"Would you be so nice and bring it out again, please?"
Silence. Oh.
"There are things that I like a lot in there, so would you pretty please give it back? If you tell me what of those things you want to keep, I promise I'll bring you something similar tomorrow!"
First only one small laugh sounded, then the laughs piled up and interrupted each other. Jeremy was sure they were discussing with each other and not laughing at him. A while passed and the laughter died down. Suddenly, the air vent was kicked out and revealed a passage, big enough to enter.
"Should I go and get it myself?"
Silent laughter in the distance. Sighing in defeat, he carefully placed his bigger bag onto the ground, so Marion wouldn't wake up and got down to climb in-
Before he could do so, something jumped on his back.
Another Minireena! Alice!
Alice actually wore different colored clothing from the others, as far as he understood she was proud of being part of Old Sport's and Dave's family instead of Ballora's.
She climbed over him and gave him a kick to the nose, before vanishing inside. Confused Jeremy waited and listened to the loud giggling going on, until finally, after five minutes, the small animatronics threw the bag out.
Alice stood in the opening rubbing her hands satisfied and laughed confident.
"Thank you so much Alice!" After a short check-up it turned out that everything was where it belonged and he offered her a hand to climb on. "Do you know why they did it?"
The girl sat on his shoulders, crossed her legs and shrugged, seemingly a bit angry. What the human couldn't know was that she WAS very pissed.
There was a corpse in there and that wasn't the only problem. It was horrible enough that she hasn't been the one that ended that guy's life, now no one wanted to clean it up! She should later talk to Freddy, he enjoyed having rotting corpses inside of him... though Ballora would probably complain about the smell and give her a lecture on the danger of giving Freddy a corpse.
Sighing she leaned into the soft hair of her ride. She didn't think it was a good idea to bring someone in right from the get-go. Not because she didn't like the killing, but rather because she didn't think it was the right thing to cheer her dad up.
Whenever he killed someone, he seemed to take it so... personal. He was so angry, so spiteful. So unlike his usual self.
They returned to the stage, where Baby was currently explaining her new idea for a show, something Alice had not time for. Interrupting them, she explained that they couldn't leave a corpse in the air vents, it would smell horrible and be found.
Awkward Baby shot Jeremy a look. "Calm down, Alice, we'll... we can clean up behind us, no worry..."
Dave shot up. "Right! Shit, Phoney is gonna castrate me!"
Waking up due to the sudden movement, Orange Guy whined and grabbed onto his partner, who instantly was sitting again, preventing him from falling completely. "Sorry, Sportsy, was a bit distracted..."
"Ugh... what's the time...?"
"Clean-up-time!"
"Fuuuuuuuuuuuck... how do we get into the vents...?"
"Vents?" Jeremy smiled at them, clearly unsure of what had happened.
Dave only shook his head. "The Minireenas made a mess in there, so... Sportsy, stay with the kids, I'll go and take a look at how bad it is."
"Probably nothing a flamethrower can't solve..."
"GREAT IDEA! I'll be back in a minute, just you wait!" With that Purple Guy skipped off, leaving Old Sport to rub his eyes and sit up. Smiling at Jeremy, he patted next to him on the stage, inviting to sit beside him.
Happy to do so, the boy sat down. "What did you do yesterday? I haven't seen you after we talked, I hope I didn't... made you uncomfortable...?"
"Aww, Jerry-Berry, you're a sweetheart! I just had a bad day and felt sick... you know, nothing out of the ordinary. People sometimes have that."
"Did Dave take good care of you?"
Suspicious Old Sport eyed the boy, wondering what the H E L L he was asking- but maybe he was just becoming paranoid and overly sensitive. "What happens if I say no?"
"Well, first I wouldn't believe you, but if you were serious I would go and scold the HECK out of him! There is no excuse to not take care of you!" He stemmed his arms into his sides and huffed.
Snickering the Orange Guy imagined Dave going full on psycho, killing everything that comes too close and Jeremy just suddenly stepping up to him and pouting, screaming 'DAVE MILLER, I WANT YOU TO THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE DONE.'
Well, wasn't that a bundle of joy?
Or a bundle of depression when the crazy man just pushed the knife into him again and again.
Slightly worried he took the cap of the boy's head and ruffled his hair, making him laugh and meekly protest against that treatment. "I'm an adult, Old Sport!"
"Shush, for that lie I should clean your mouth with soap!"
"Nooooo! I'm not a liar! After all, I earn my own money, take care of my own home and even defended my life at one point and another!"
Well... that was true. The kid has gone through a lot and even though he was very lucky, not all of it came down to chance- He deserved to be treated with a bit more respect...
BUT HE WAS JUST TOO CUTE FOR THAT!
Old Sport jumped to hug and snuggle the small human affectionate, but a snarl from inside of his bag made him quickly let go of him again. Geez, Puppet-man had no chill.
Suddenly, a sweet, but slightly obnoxious melody was audible and Jeremy surprised took out his phone. "Oh, it is our boss! Just a second... Hello?"
But instead of the usual "Hello, hello?" it was Mike's voice that greeted him.
"Sorry, Jerry, you gotta take over duty for today, Simon is a bit..."
"MIKE GET THE HELL OFF OF ME!"
"Did you say hell?"
"YES I DID, BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT THIS IS!"
"You ain't going to the restaurant today, I'd rather shove a pineapple down my nose."
"MIKE, I SWEAR, I HAVE A TASER IN MY POCKET-"
"And here I was, thinking you were just happy to see me. WAIT, fuck, I have a better one: Is that a threat or an invitation?"
"MIKE- Y-YOU- YOU HOOLIGAN! FOR GOD'S SAKE, I AM FINE!"
"No you're not, you woke up screaming and I won't let you go to that hellhole while you're mentally deficient."
"THAT'S FOR ME TO DECIDE!"
"Not anymore."
"I WILL GET IN TROUBLE!"
"They won't know you didn't come into work, will they?"
"I DON'T KNOW AND I DON'T WANT TO RISK IT! JEREMY, IF YOU HEAR ME, PLEASE SEND HELP-"
"Oh no, you have to take care of the place before it explodes, which it probably can, let's be honest."
"Mike, I will KILL you, failing that, you get your pay cut."
"Whatever helps you sleep at night- you would NEED that. Anyway, Jerry, just play manager for today. PG is going to send you all the information on booking per mail, so check every hour or so."
"MIKE STOP DECIDING WHAT I'M GOING TO DO-!"
"We MIGHT be back tomorrow-"
"MIGHT?!"
"- so don't worry!"
"WORRY A LOT, JEREMY! IF DAVE AND ORANGE GUY FIND OUT THAT I'M NOT ENFORCING THE RULES TODAY-"
"They won't, chill out!"
"HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!"
"They seem to be keen on not getting fired, they haven't risked it before too much, so..."
"IF THEY DO-"
"If cows can fly, we gonna be worried, but now sit the FUCK back down."
With that the line was cut and Jeremy was left utterly confused.
The Orange Guy next to him grinned widely, activating one of the few alarm bells that Jeremy had in his mind. "P-please don't get us in trouble! Mr. Phone Guy is going to be upset!"
"Aw, but that isn't my problem, right?"
"Please, please, please, I will bake you cookies!"
"Hm... sounds alright... if I get something else for as well."
"Anything!"
"Pff, be careful with that kind of answer! I actually want something from Marion."
The animatronic looked out of the bag, his light dots small and aggressive, but he was listening at least.
Whatever could you want from me?
He smiled a dirty, dark smile.
"Isn't it obvious? I... want..." He leaned forward and suddenly began screaming. "YOU GOTTA PLAY WITH ME, I TAKE A ROPE AND WRAP IT AROUND YOU AND THEN I'LL GO AND STAND ON A BOARD WITH WHEELS UNDER IT AND WE'RE GONNA SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE AND GO REALLY, REALLY FAST!"
I will NOT subject myself to humiliation like that!
"But... you can try to throw me off? If you hit the ball pit I might even die!"
The creature floated upwards and crossed his arms... that aspect was almost appealing and together with Jeremy's begging face he was powerless.
Alright. But I WILL throw you down.
"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! TRY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT, MY FRIEND-SPAGETH! THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!"
Friend-Spageth...!?
But Old Sport was already running off, screaming for no reason at all and being WAY too excited in general.
Jeremy petted his friend. "Sorry... I didn't expect the call to be this important..."
You are just foolish, Jeremy! You should be glad I'm patient enough to take care of you...
"I am! I'm really grateful for all you did for me! Thank you, Marion!" Tightly he hugged his mechanical friend, who calmed down and mentally groaned in defeat. This boy would be the death of him, so much was clear.

-------------------

A/N:

I was defeated and now have a tumblr for bullshit and asks. Maybe you'll find some enjoyment from that horrible idea of mine. Warning, I can't draw for shit, but the person I mentioned last time will provide pictures if you want them.
https://lucarioisinthevoid.tumblr.com/

Now, this is especially interesting for you, since you can get a quick fix there... the next chapter(s) might be harmless, short filler – my exams are going on and I never felt so constantly exhausted in my life. Sorry if it's disappointing, but hey, short chapters are better than no chapters, right?

Currently thinking about making them story-relevant but focused on the smaller characters... your pick! You could even request what character I focus on with the short chapter!