Epilogue - Moving Forward

A/N:
Alright boys, last time this will be updated.
I mean.
Unless I keep writing drabbles and add them to the end by request, but... eh.
Don't think that would be too interesting.
Super short and sweet, promise, it's just all of them going their ways!

---

The morning sun was shining through the windows up above, filling the big dining hall with some natural light.
The tables had been prepared.
Paper plates, party hats, there was even a handful of kazoos!
The arcades were shining, and ready to go, blinking excitedly.
The floors were squeaky clean, reflecting the ceiling.
Charlie adjusted the bowtie on himself- then leaned down to adjust the bowtie on Jeremy.
"... are you SURE you are ready? There might be a lot of people here. Do you REALLY think you can do it-?"
"Yes, yes, yes. I know I can do it."
"Even if HE shows up-"
"Yes. Even if my dad shows up. I invited him after all. But I doubt he will! Never liked robots. Always so convinced they were possessed by some kind of great evil. I guess ironically he was right though, huh? Not about the evil part, but about the possessed part."
Quietly the boy snickered, smiling brightly as he brushed back his fluffy, shiny hair.
The microphone was attached to the bowtie, but for now deactivated.
Baby and Funtime Freddy were sitting on the stage together, looking absolutely TERRIFYING.
That was okay though- one of the hallways had been painted dark and grimy.
Horror themed.
The teens would love it for sure!
There was a noise of a car outside, Jeremy perked up and rushed towards it.
When the big doors opened, Mike and Simon came inside, holding hands (as they tended to do a lot recently) and finishing up a conversation, before seeing Jerry and stopping to smile.
Mike especially grinned.
"Woah, now you REALLY look like a corporate fuck. God, I almost want to punch you in the face."
"Wh-what?!"
"I'm KIDDING." Putting the boy into a headlock, Mike roughed up his hair under his squeaky protests. "You're looking really fucking professional! Good on you!"
Simon seemed still a little concerned.
"Are you- uh- SURE you will manage all alone-"
"Yeeees, sir."
"I'm not your sir anymore, Jeremy."
"Yes, Mr. Simon."
The Phone Guy rose an eyebrow- then he shook his head, smiling to himself, as Jeremy grinned so widely, it HAD to hurt.
Mike grinned as well. "Monsieur Telephone Man."
"Both of you, I swear to H-HECK- one more of these and I'll-"
From above, Dave suddenly screamed, free falling.
"PROFESSOR METAL-HEAD!"
Falling down with a terrible SPLASH, the chaos grape landed flat on his face-
Thankfully he easily poofed right back into his normal- wait, nothing about this man was normal- USUAL form.
Just in time for him to get in position, t-posing, and having Old Sport land right on top, t-posing as well.
As a union, they spoke.
"GIVE UP, MORTALS. YOU ARE OUTNUMBERED AND OUTGUNNED. WE ARE FRUIT LOOPS. RESITSTANCE IS FUTILE."
Charlie looked at them displeased, then simply plucked Old Sport from the top of the tower, drawing a unhappy screech out of him. Then he was dropped to the ground and scuttled over to Dave, hissing from behind him at the unimpressed Marionette.
Putting his hands on his hips, Simon shook his head disapprovingly.
"I won't miss THAT. Not, uh- not gonna lie."
"Aw, you'll see, Sime-y, you'll feel all alone in no time!" Dave started.
Old Sport instantly picked up. "Yes, you'll be crying and weeping, you'll try to call us, but you won't be able to reach us!"
"We'll be too busy bein' FREDDY'S BUSTERS!"
"HELL YEAH!"
"What." The Marionette was left aghast. "That is NOT a way to refer to the honorable work of freeing lost souls!"
Old Sport waited a moment, then raised a finger.
"Would it be an okay way to refer to fucking up the factory?"
"... yes. That would be acceptable."
The Aubergine and the Tangerine high-fived. "WE'RE IN BUSINESS!"
Somewhat Mike laughed to himself.
"... I almost want to join you, it sounds really fucking awesome. Except I still hate you guys."
"Suuuuuuuuure!" Together at the same time the murderers responded.
Curiously the Orange Guy leaned in.
"Where are you two going, actually? You're not staying at Freddy's, right?"
"OH FUCK NO."
Simon shook his head. "No- no, we're, uh- done. For now. We'll be just..."
"Traveling around! We... have a few places to visit." For once the aggressive guard had become oddly quiet. "... maybe our old homes. Making peace with a few memories. And then... we'll see where the wind takes us."
"Knowing Mike here-" Simon put an arm around him, pulling him a bit closer. "We'll uh- be busy soon enough. When Mike is around, I wouldn't be surprised if we get attacked by some sort of cryptid."
Shocked Dave looked at him. "I'd never attack ya, Simon!"
Old Sport on the other hand didn't blink an eye. "No promises."
Jeremy laughed. "Maybe you'll find Bigfoot!"
"Mothman is cooler." The Marionette mumbled.
"If we see other of these fucks, we'll send you guys a photo."
As they stood there, the group assembled, the doors opened again-
Everyone turned to the side.
In the door.
Matt!
And Ronaldo!
Smoothly the terrifying virgin stepped inside and looked around.
"Oh. Hey guards. Seems like you managed to deal with the issue. Good work."
"Matt!" Excited Jeremy smiled. "You're back! I thought I would have to try to hire someone new for the price corner- and Ronaldo! Thank the lord! You're here! You two are okay!"
"Looking at your clothes... you're running the place now, huh?" The grin was still there, but his tone was a little dismissive, as he inspected Jeremy from top to bottom.
"Yes! Me and Marion."
Matt looked up, staring at the Marionette, who was hovering protectively behind his friend.
"... good. Can I have my job back, then?"
"Of course! We're glad to have you back!"
To the side, Mike shuddered.
Jeremy truly was a brave man.
Braver than him, that was for sure.
Ronaldo seemed a bit irritated. "The kitchen is in use... who is in there?"
Confused Jeremy looked back. "Oh- wait, I think Foxy was trying to cook-"
"A FOX!? IN MY KITCHEN!?"
The cook ran off.
"EN GARDE YOU FURRY BEAST!"
As soon as he entered the kitchen, the noise of violence, explosions and screams were audible.
For a few moments everyone looked at the place-
Then immediately turned back around, choosing to ignore it.
Matt looked at the two fruit loops.
"... good to see you're both back to normal. Is that car outside yours?"
"You mean the Bonmobile?"
Simon snapped around.
"The- WHAT."
"Bonmobile!"
Helpful Old Sport jumped in. "It's a car, but it looks a lot like Springbonnie! Speaking of, we're taking the suits."
"For, uh- for WHAT exactly?" The question slipped out of Phone Guy's speaker, before he grew pale and started rubbing his dial. "A-actually, please, DON'T TELL ME. DON'T. I am BEGGING."
Dave shrugged. "Sure! If ya don't wanna know."
Mike was simply standing, staring into the void, dealing with terrible flashbacks.
Poor Jeremy was the only one left confused, but wasn't brave enough to ask.
Probably for the better.
Matt gave them a nod, then moved over, traveling leisurely towards his price corner.

The guards moved outside.

It was still early, the sun now barely starting to grace the ground, painting the world in a gentle bright color. Everything was faded- but in a comforting manner. Bordering on nostalgic.
Something inside of Jeremy's chest ached.
"... you'll stay in contact, right?"
Old Sport moved forward, tightly hugging Jeremy, not letting go of him.
"Of course. I promise. But you don't need us anymore- you've grown so much in such little time and I believe you can make it!"
Swooping in, Dave too hugged the boy as well as Old Sport.
"Take good care of our kiddens! Of all kiddens, actually! Be nice to 'em. And be careful with 'em, they can be a bit of a handful."
Charlie sighed. "... if they try something, I'm still here."
"You be nice to 'em too! Or I'll be comin' back!" Reaching out, Dave snatched him with ease, dragging the spooked machine into the cuddle pile.
Feeling reassured, Jeremy smiled from out of the group, at Mike and Simon.
"You two as well! Come back sometimes, send... messages. We'll read them all here!"
Looking up, Old Sport was instantly a c t i v a t e d .
"YES YOU TWO TOO. JOIN THE PILE."
"No, I don't fucking WANT-"
But Mike had already been grabbed and imprisoned.
Simon couldn't help but wheeze- then he stepped in and hugged his former employees.
Only shortly though.
Finally all separated.
Serious, the former manager pointed at Old Sport and Dave.
"Free kids. Be kind. Make up for what you did. Because, uh- if Henry won't get you if you don't- me and Mike ABSOLUTELY will."
"This isn't a fucking threat. This is a PROMISE."
Raising his hands, Old Sport stepped back.
"Of course. I- won't hurt anyone anymore. I've done enough and I have to say- that's just not me!" The guy laughed, but there was a hint of fear in it.
Yes, he was shaken up enough.
He wouldn't be a danger anymore.
And by how Dave was holding him, trying to shield him without being too intrusive, it was rather certain that he wouldn't want to risk the well-being of his beloved either.
Mike had faith in them.
At least a LITTLE, as unbelievable as it sounded.
"If you meet the real Fredbear somewhere- tell him thank you from me. I feel like... he changed something in me. For the better."
Skeptic Dave tilted his head. "... you still sound as bastard-ly as ever."
"Yeah, but that's because when I say a sentence without swearing, I feel pretty fucking weird. Like I'm naked. Except with my words."
"You have issues."
"I do. OH SHIT, RIGHT, I GOTTA TALK TO DR. DEERN- GONNA PICK YOU UP LATER SIMON, GET YOUR SUITCASES READY!"
With that he RAN off, not even using the car.
Old Sport watched, amazed. "... so, Simon, you want us to stay a little longer in case he'll get locked up? Because I can't imagine ANYTHING he'll tell him that won't sound like he had a psychotic breakdown."
"From what Mike told me, I think Dr. Deern is okay." Simon smiled. "You can get going."
Slowly the Purple and the Orange Guy moved towards the TERRIBLY decorated car further down the road, full blown golden, with ears and eyes on the lights.
Horrific.
Two suits were in the back, Fredbear and Springbonnie, hanging back like they were drunk.
"Good luck you two."
"Be brave! Be resilient!" Jeremy cheered.
"I will always know where you are and what you do." The Marionette growled.
Happily Dave waved at them, the roof of the car open.
"When we're back, Charlie, we'll be makin' it up to you too."
Old Sport nodded, very serious. "We promise."
With that they drove off, both of them still waving.
They'd no doubt get into a horrible accident a few roads down the way, but that wasn't the groups problem anymore!

Dr. Deern was in his office, finishing a few documents.
Instead of staying late, he had decided to come early and it had been the right choice.
The morning air was bringing... something good.
He couldn't put his finger on it, but he felt some sort of optimism.
Before he could muse over it any more though, the door was ripped open.
Mike stood there, out of breath.
Both of them stared at each other, then Mike grew flustered.
"I... should have knocked."
"... you should have. But you didn't and now you're here, so let's just continue. Is everything okay, Mike?"
To his surprise Mike smiled.
"Yeah. It's honestly great. That's why I'm here."
"Oh?"
"... Dr. Deern, I found a new job. And- I'll be moving. I'm sorry, I won't be able to come back anymore."
Somewhat concerned Deern stood up.
"... this is a little abrupt."
"I know. But it's the right time. I feel... a lot better. I figured myself out, I found someone that makes me happy and I want something out of life."
"... your boss?"
"He's not my boss anymore, is he?"
"Simon."
"Yes."
Deern seemed to think about something, then slowly nodded. "I'm glad you've told me. But- Mike, I'm serious. You have been doing better, but if anything goes wrong-"
"I still have your number. If something goes wrong, I'll reach out."
Slowly the therapist shook his head, but accepted it.
"I know I can't stop you."
Hesitant Mike shifted on the spot. "... if it makes things better, how about I call you every two weeks? Instead of me showing up... it would be a long-distance session, but I swear, I'm doing good now."
"That would be a bit better." Somewhat relieved he nodded. "... I'm glad you're not going out there that abruptly. Even if you are ready... let's try to finish it up properly."
"Yeah. And thanks."
Mike turned, but stopped, looking back inside.
"... for everything."
And then he was gone.
Going home.
To Simon.
To his new life.
To his newfound peace of mind.
And whatever was waiting for them.

There was no noise.