32

The previous night was absolutely tiring. Lola had spent about a hour talking to Victoria. The girl she had thought of as the epitome of evil turned out to not be half bad. They related on several different levels. Both of them loved TV, hip hop and preferred Coke over Pepsi. Most importantly of all, both agreed that Chris Hemsworth is definitely hotter compared to his brother.

This was the first time since forever that Lola didn't have an anxiety attack. However, she wasn't completely relieved. Thoughts were still swirling in her mind. Is this the last time I will be death anxiety free? Or am I finally safe from the impeding demons?

As her mind continued to race, she was interrupted by the nudging of shoulders. A soft collision brought her mind back to focus.

She then notices Riley sitting next to her with an arm on her chair, protecting her back.

"Heyyyy lil sis. Come back to Earth. We are getting our homework back marked and that dumb test we did a week ago."

Lola mumbles a soft, "Huh?" before finally realizing she had been lost in the depths of her own brain. She straightens her posture, looking for the teacher. When she sees Mrs. Roberts hasn't arrived, she gently rests her head on Riley's shoulder and closes her eyes.