37

"W-what?" Lola slightly stutters, in obvious confusion. She couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Victoria lightly scratches the back of her neck as she snuggled closer to Lola. The timid vibe was overpowering the air and draining out the scent of blood thirst which was mostly emitted from Lola. 

"Yeah, he got arrested a while back. It's been maybe five years?"

She couldn't help but feel bad for the red-haired girl. Though she does know pity is the worst thing she could give her, and refrained from that, she could feel sympathy. Lola knows how she feels, having to live without her father for years leaves a scar that can never be fixed. She slightly shudders and Victoria notices.

"Sorry. It's just- I was thinking about my father," she paused, "He passed away a couple years back. We- he was in a car crash."

Her friend looks at her with kind and considerate eyes, wrapping her tighter in a hug.

"I'm sorry. But, I do have a question, why are you telling me this?" Victoria asks.

Lola pauses, she had no clue. Why was she telling her this? Riley was the only other person who knew. After a few seconds, she softly let out, "Because for some reason, I trust you."

She painfully smiles, intertwining their fingers she says,

"I trust you too."