53

Lola woke up to the phone ringing. Groaning, she answers it with a drowsy voice. She whispers, "Hello?" On the other line was Victoria's mother. She was sobbing, "Lola.. Please come over as soon as you can. Please. You need to come right now." The younger girl hushes her and tries to stop her from crying and agrees to come, even though she was confused as to what was happening. The darkest pit of Lola's stomach told her something was wrong. So, she threw on some shoes and ran.

She sprinted all the way to Victoria's house and the place was packed. One word to describe it was chaos. It was simply mayhem. There were police cars parked in front of her house and an ambulance that continued to beep. The mixed noise of the cops talking to people and beeping made her head hurt. Lola then finally saw Victoria's mom. She went over to her but was stopped. The paramedics intervened and came out stretcher with a body on it.

Lola's heart stopped beating and the noise was numb to her ears. The body was strapped, but still distinguishable. It was Victoria.

Her mouth slightly parted which gave Lola some hope she was alive. But, the coldness and stillness of her body said otherwise. When Lola trailed her eyes downwards she saw how pale she was and Lola was going dizzy at the sight. A paramedic came up beside her and was begging her to keep calm as she hyperventilated.

Why didn't she tell her anything? How long was she planning this for? Was she really that blind to her best friends pain? Tears began to roll down her face and Lola felt herself collapsing inside and out. She fell and watched as they pulled her away into the ambulance. The paramedic beside her was still trying to reassure her, but she blocked him out.

Her mother screamed out for her daughter and the noise was deafening to everyone. The emotion reverberated among all the people there. But Lola was still numb. Her mind couldn't process what was happening. She felt like she was going to vomit and faint all at once. Lola was shaking recalling the sight.

Because in Victoria's lifeless eyes, she saw her fathers.