49

Lola had no idea what to do. She had no clue as to how to comfort her best friend. So, she spent the next couple of days simply being there for her and letting her lean on her. She also stole her phone to type a quick and strong sounding breakup message that Victoria refused to send. The guilt began to swallow her inside out. Should she have told her earlier?

Currently, Victoria was crying into her lap as Lola ran her fingers through her hair. Aladdin could be heard playing in the background as Jasmine sang softly. But, even the sweet sound of Disney couldn't cure her indescribable sadness.

The quiet echoed and one thought was running through her head. Who was she going to choose? Her broth– friend, she's known since forever? Or the girl who made her forget the darkness for just a little longer?

Victoria's phone buzzed. When she picked it up out of curiosity and unlocked it, her sobs immediately grew louder and eventually turned into a scream. She whipped her phone against the wall where it cracked and nearly broke.

Lola's eyes widen as she goes to see what happened. She picks up the mangled phone and looks at what she was observing. It was disgusting. A picture of Riley and Samantha was shown with her wearing the school uniform and Riley clasping her waist as they shared a kiss.

Lola knew then who she was going to choose.