1

Evangeline:

I scrambled my way out of the pack house and dashed through the little town, into the woods. Dammit. I had planned it so well. How on earth did they catch me?

I wasn't even ten minutes into the forest when I heard the unmistakable sound of paws thundering behind me. Shit. They were gaining on me fast. I knew that as soon as I made it out of that forest I would be safe but that pack stretched for miles.

I ducked under and jumped over a few fallen trees and dodged the trees who stood tall, strong and proud. Much like that pack. I was pretty sure I had no hope of out running them but I had to try.

I had lived like this for eight years and I was pretty skilled at it. One time I managed to steal a Toyota that got me enough money to live in a motel for two weeks. I wasn't about to die after stealing a few daggers. Okay, they weren't ordinary daggers. They were laced with Wolfsbane and constructed from the finest silver but seriously, killing someone for stealing a few knives was a little extreme. The daggers would get me enough money for food and a place to stay for the next few days and of course I would be keeping one for myself for my protection against rabid wolves. 

The thick layer of snow on the forest floor slowed me down and some of it fell into my boots as I stumbled around the forest. There was even more snow falling which would've made a beautiful scene if I wasn't too concentrated on trying to stay alive.

As I quite literally ran for my life, I soon realised I wasn't concentrating as much as I should've been while running at such a high speed and ran into a broken branch at full force. It ripped through my thigh and I screamed in agony, falling into the thick, icey blanket. It started bleeding instantly and I knew it would need stitches. Some of the blood dripped down onto the snow and I cursed. I didnt have much that I could do about it though so I just kept running. I ran circles around some of the trees; the only thing fueling me was my adrenaline. I was hoping that the cirlcles around the trees would confuse the wolves on the direction my scent was heading in. I realised that now I was hurt, there was no way I could make it out of the pack.  My whole leg was searing in pain and I did the only logical thing in my situation. I climbed a tree. Thinking of it now, that probably wasn't the smartest idea either but I had no other choice.

I was a very fast runner and had outrun alphas and betas twice my size multiple times, so I had a decent advantage. I was hidden quite well by the underbrush too. I hid behind the tree making sure that I was the opposite side to the wolves and started to climb as quickly as possible. It was quite a challenge as my leg was barely functional but I made it about midway when four warrior wolves came bounding past in full pursuit. They didn't see me but I didn't stop. I needed to make sure I was safe. I finally made it to the top of the tree and settled myself on one of the thick branches which could support my weight. I let out a breath when I realised I was safe.

My leg was searing in pain and I realised how fucked I was. I was in a tree so I would be relatively dry, but I couldn't hide there forever due to lack of food and I wouldn't get far with an injured leg. Being a rogue meant that I had to get by on my own so I didn't even have any contacts that could help me. Hell. I didn't even have a cell.

"Shit!" I grumbled, hitting ,my head against the tree in frustration.

For the first time since being a rogue, I had no idea what to do.

Oh yeah. I forgot to introduce myself as I was a little preoccupied. My name is Evangeline. I was supposed to be a werewolf but the wolf never showed up. I should've shifted when I was twelve but it never happened. To this day I didn't have a clue why. So I was banished from my pack by the arrogant alpha known as Blake. He quite literally threw me out of the pack and tore me away from my family and friends. I hadn't seen them since. Sometimes I debated just killing myself but I wanted to prove to myself that I could pull myself out of it. It sort of worked. Well I wasn't dead yet. I grimaced as I remembered my current situation. Keyword being yet.

I pulled a spare shirt out of my bag and tore a strip off, tying it around my leg to stop the bleeding or at least try to. I just needed to hold out for a few days, enough for my leg to somewhat heal. Fatigue eventually came over me and I welcomed the darkness that descended upon me with open arms. There was nothing else that I could do, so sleep was my best option.

*****************

CARLOS:

"Alpha?!" Someone tapped urgently at the meeting room door. I was currently in a meeting with my accountant.

I sighed and apologised for the interuption. He smiled and waved his hand, "It's no bother, sir, take your time"

"What is it?" I called out.

"Can I come in?" they asked, a little quieter now.

I opened the door and Jay's broad frame strolled into the room, way too calmly for saying he was calling out to me in what I'd say was almost panic a few seconds earlier.

"Well? This better be important." I raised a brow.

"Ah, yes. The... Situation" he suddenly became sheepish.

"Just spit it out nitwit" I rolled my eyes.

"Well to put it simply, a rouge got into the pack house, stole our finest daggers and escaped into the South Woods" He scratched his neck, nervously.

I starred at him blankly for a moment. "So, what the hell are you doing here? Take them down, beta" I reminded him of his title and the fact that it was part of his role to deal with this shit without needing my help.

He became sheepish once again. "They're fast, alpha, they out run all of our warriors, including me"

"You're all too slow to catch him? Maybe I do need to take a look at this" I frowned.

I turned to walk into the room to tell my accountant we'd need to take a raincheck when he caught my attention again.

"Oh! That's the other thing. They're a girl, Carlos"

I stopped in my tracks. A girl? That was new. I'd only ever heard stories about rouge she wolfs. In my 10 years of being alpha, I still hadn't crossed paths with one.

"That's practically impossible." I frowned. "Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Definitely a female scent"

"Find her. She couldn't have gone far, this pack stretches for miles. She might be faster than all of you but even she won't have enough stamina to run the whole length of the pack grounds."

He nodded. "Yes, Alpha."

A few hours later

"Have you checked everywhere" I glared at my beta, who was completely unsuccessful in bringing the rogue back to the prison.

He nodded. "Carlos, she's not here. It's like she vanished. We'll tighten the border control and make sure she can't get back in."

I sighed. "I'll take a look myself in the morning"

I knew I wouldn't sleep until this girl was found. There was too many questions running through my mind about her. Why was she a rogue? How old was she? How had she even survived? The main question that was worrying me was, who the hell does she work for if she can penetrate my pack boarders, and get into my house?!