Chapter 1 : Open up your eyes

Keys: (Y/N) : your name. You give the name you want to the main character. Here, it's a female.

(h/l) : hair length

(h/c) : hair colour

(e/c) : eye colour

*****************************************

'Who's there...? I can hear a voice ... Coming from outside... Are they... Coming here for me ...?'

Her vision was blurry. She couldn't see well, but her hearing still seemed to be in a rather good state. The door suddenly opened, in a violent crash. The young girl heard footsteps approaching, then a hand on her cheek.

"Hey, can you hear me? Open up your eyes!"

It was a smooth and reassuring voice. When she looked at the direction of the voice, it revealed what looked like a woman, but her face was covered with the same white veil that the members of the Orthodox Church wear. In fact, she wasn't sure if it was a woman.

"Don't worry, I'm here to help you."

She felt arms wrap around her and pulled her away from the Gunud System. Even with a magic barrier, the stranger managed to approach her without any difficulties. For a long time, she could finally move her legs. The woman gave her cloak to cover her wounded body.

"Now, you're safe. Nobody will hurt you anymore-"

Her saviour was cut off by sudden yelling. Rushing footsteps were heard as well. The sudden stop of the magic flow might have cause an alert.

"Oops, seems like I was caught. Ok hold on to me, we're going to see the world!"

The stranger took the young girl for what will be a nice piggyback ride. She was still holding firmly her staff. The door open again, revealing a large amount of Orthodox church members.

"There! Catch them!"

"And we're off!"

The unknown girl started running, when the other people started chasing them. Running down the halls, that were empty thanks to the attack of the resistance. The young girl that she was caring was quite confused. Why on earth is this woman here? Why is she dressed like that? And why doesn't she have a staff or something? But even without one, she could dodge all the explosions coming from the outside.

"I'm (Y/N) by the way."

"I-I'm Sheba..."

"Well nice to meet you Sheba! Even if we could have dreamed about a better way to get to know each other, I need you to trust me okay?"

'What a weird person.' It wasn't like Sheba could say anything. After all, she was too weak to fight. Her only way to get out of this would be to obey her new comrade.

She almost fell when (Y/N) stopped her track. In front of them were magicians, and not really the friendly type.

"Give her back."

Their pursuers caught up as well. They were surrounded. Sheba was worried. What will happen to them now?

"How could you betray the Orthodox Church trust like this?"

"Betray? It's kind of a strong word, even if it's the right one."

"You're going to pay- "

A sudden explosion blew them away. The wall was collapsing, and revealed a young male, blue braided hair, holding a divine staff. He murmured a spell, whipping the dust and the enemies that were still standing.