Chapter 16: Side by side

I love seeing you so hyped for this. It always makes me feel better and FREAKING happy <3

********************

"...You what?"

This wasn't happening. It couldn't even happen. It was wrong.

"I love you."

Solomon's expression didn't flinch. His eyes focused on every change of emotion showed on her face. Even if anxiety was slowly filling his heart.

(Y/N) stayed silent, bending down her head, her (h/c) bangs covering her eyes.

"No you don't."

The blue haired magician stared at her in disbelief. He was expecting everything except that. Her words left him confused, until he felt her hands leave his.

"(Y/N), I'm serious."

"You're not."

"(Y/N-"

"You're not!"

She stepped back, away from him, like he was poisonous. He couldn't tell what kind of emotion she was expressing, but it was painful to watch. He wasn't expecting to hurt her by saying those words, and yet.

"I'm sorry, but it's better if we stay this way."

He couldn't pronounce a word, just watching her leave and run away from him, his heart breaking with each echo of footsteps.

.

.

(Y/N) ran away to her room and slammed the door shut. Her legs gave up at the same moment, making her fall on her knees, on the hard and cold floor, tears streaming down her face.

Sometimes, she had wonder what would be more painful. Not being loved back or knowing that they love you but you still cannot be with them.

At first, she though that standing behind his back, as a minor character, would be way more than enough. But now, now everything changed.

More. He made her want more. More than simple talks, more than friendship. What she wanted now was to stand by his side. But it was impossible. Because they are different. And no matter what, there will never be an 'us' for them.

"(Y/N)."

A loud knock was hear. It was Solomon's voice, and he was angry. Her tears stopped streaming down. Maybe if she was silent he will leave.

"I know you're here. Open that door."

There is still a chance that he didn't hear her.

"OPEN THAT DOOR. Don't force me to break in."

"WHAT?? DON'T BREAK MY DOOR!"

"THEN OPEN IT!"

"I DON'T WANT TO!"

"(Y/N), open that door."

"No."

"OPEN IT."

"Nooooooooooo!!"

"FINE."

Did he give up? It could be a possibility, since she heard footsteps walking away. It's better this way.

"(Y/N)."

The said girl jumped and backed away on the corner of the room, staring at the magician that just appeared out of nowhere.

"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU JUST-"

"Your window was opened."

"...Oh."

"Now..."

He sat down in front of her, with his signature serious expression, even if she was able to see a hint of sadness in his eyes.

"If it's not mutual then just say so. You don't have to hide away from me."

His voice was betraying his stoic expression. Pure sorrow, that is what she could identify.

"...That's not it."

"Then why?"

She took a deep breath, before looking back at him.

"...It's not a good idea. All of this I mean. It's just... that I'm not like you. I'm not like our friends either. When you'll fulfil your dream, I won't be useful to you anymore. And even if your feelings are real, they won't last-"

He cut short to her speech with a simple gesture. His hands on her cheeks, he kissed her like there was no tomorrow. Her lips were sweater than honey. And he would be lying if he said that he never craved for something like this. It was even better than everything he had imagine. This feeling, he will cherish it until the sun dies.

"Solomon! Are you even listening to me?"

(Y/N) pushed the magician away, trying to catch her breath and trying to prevent a huge blush to creep all over her face.

"I stopped at the 'it's not a good idea' part."

"So you didn't."

"(Y/N), I don't want you to be useful to me, I want you to love me.... Even if I'm the only one you never said 'I love you' to."

His eyes broke the contact with hers.

"Because saying I love you to you has a totally different meaning on it."

"In other words...?"

"In other words, well... Congratulation! You're not single anymore!"

They both smiled, looking at each other's eyes, before locking their lips together again. It was a warm feeling, that was slowly chasing away the cold loneliness inside their heart. Now, it was just them and nothing else.

.

.

"Solomon, can you remove your freaking hair from my face, thank you."

The two of them were cuddling inside the warm blankets. (Y/N) was the first one to wake up, because the sun decided that it will be nice to light up her face in the early morning.

The magician spent the night kissing her face and telling her how much she meant to him. Heck, he even left some hickeys on her collarbone.

And now, it was time for revenge. Grabbing a pillow, (Y/N) smashed it on his head.

"...You do realise it's not hurting, right?"

"I don't care."

*********************

When I took a break before continuing writing this chapter, it stopped on 666 words. HECK YEAH SATAN, COME WRITE SOME ROMANCE WITH ME!