Chapter 11: I don't believe in jellyfishes

Yup, two very close updates! It's a very rare phenomena so enjoy it ^^

***************************

"What will happen when the lifespan of this world will be exhausted?"

"We will all die."

The words of the mother dragon were loud and clear.

"Wait a minute, that's strange. Why is god doing such a thing?"

Ugo interrupted the dialogue between Sheba and the dragon. All of this wasn't making a lot of sense for him. After all, if giving his magoi to humans was a suicidal action, then why did god descend on Earth 800 years ago and give humans his power?

"I think that legend itself is suspicious."

Solomon had a clear idea of how to answer his friend. In his opinion, their so-called god doesn't really have any will. It might just be a massive lump of power, and the first people that saw him just distorted history.

"That's cruel! What the hell are you saying? God does exist!"

Sheba reacted immediately, yelling at the face of the blue haired magician. If god didn't exist, then there was no good reason to continue their rebellion against the Orthodox church.

"An atheist, lovely."

"(Y/N), don't you believe in god?"

Sheba was still quite shock and kept on reacting fast. It was the turn of the (h/c) haired girl to be yelled at.

"Nah, I have better things to do than believe on the supposed kindness of a giant glowing jellyfish."

The pink haired magician couldn't believe her ears. The leader of the resistance was doubting their god, and her friend wasn't even believing in him.

"I do like that part of you Solomon, but you might be a bit extreme. After all, you always say that the true will of god is to erase the conflict between species. Everyone is fighting because they believe that."

Ugo was the one to settle things down, making everybody agree on something.

"In any case, it's strange that the life span of this world would be exhausted in just 800 years."

Leaving the atheism of Solomon aside, Ugo went back to main topic, questioning the mother dragon again. Magic is only borrowing the power of natural phenomena that already exist in the world. It shouldn't have caused any problem.

"In that case, it means that something that exceeds the simple natural phenomena of this world has been done- "

"Like what? Spontaneous generation of cakes?"

"...It could work. After all, cakes don't appear out of nowhere."

Mother dragon agree with (Y/N), and she even started joining her... advanced thinking.

"Someone had reached the domain that only the god of this world was supposed to touch, and it all began 500 years ago."

"That would make a lot of cakes."

Looking back at the (h/c) haired girl, the white dragon could help but have a small smile appearing on her face.

"I am afraid that it wasn't done for the sake of cakes."

"It could have solved world hunger."

"Enough cake for now."

Solomon interrupted the two of them, bringing back some seriousness.

"If we go back to the main topic, we have someone that is surpassing and that is slowly killing us all."

"Indeed... That person is about to accomplish something. Even if that something will kill god himself."

"Ki-Kill god..."

Sheba was as shocked as the two other magicians were. Who would want to destroy the being that gave them life? It was completely impossible for her to understand such a thing.

"There is... at least one magician who was alive 500 years ago and still lives today."

Solomon was expecting his father to continue his project on submitting the entire world, but this was beyond what he imagined. What the hell is elder David thinking? What is he trying to accomplish by leading everyone to death's doors?

Inside an empty white room was a man, smiling upon seeing a shiny creature, as white was the room they were both inside.

Letting his staff fall on the ground with his coat and headwear, the same man sat on the ground, taking a pen.

He then opened a book, that was still with some empty pages, and started writing.

Destiny, the phenomena that was floating before his eyes. Everything that ever happened is just a part of that destiny, and this man was able to see it, to see everything.

When she was little, a certain pink haired magician recalled that she never had a family. After all, her parents abandoned her in front of a church. But then, she met people, that welcomed her as a member of their family. There was Arba, Solomon, Falan, Wahid, (Y/N), Setta, Ithnan and now so many people.

They were all so kind and warm. That's why she started wanting to be like them, to be someone that respect everyone and is respected equally. She wanted to inspire people.

"How did things end up like this?"

The quartet had returned to the resistance HQ, and Sheba went back to her daily occupations. She was sitting at a table, with Falan at her side, while Wahid and some other species were playing a card game.

"Hey Falan, how come you chose Wahid instead of Solomon?"

Looking at the pink haired girl, the woman that was still holding her baby answered her.

"I had to, like, compromise, aru."

"EH?!"

Sheba jumped at her answer, as well as Falan's husband who dropped is card game just by hearing his wife.

"I lied, aru."

The two sighed of relief. And there was no need to say that Wahid freaked out way more than Sheba.

"It's like, so simple. The one I ended up liking the most is like, this good for nothing, cheerful and simple man who like, only thinks about eating and tits, aru."

Husband and wife started arguing, with Wahid complaining that she was too cruel with him, and Falan saying that she was praising him, and even gave birth to his son.

But in the end, the two agreed on something. Sheba should give birth to Solomon's children as soon as possible.