Chapter 19: You and I

I was listening to the squid sisters and it made me want to write romance. Brain, we need to talk.

New key in this chapter! (Y/n/n): Your nickname

*****************************

"(Y/N- "

He didn't have the time to make a move. The girl stood up and slammed the door behind her. Once again, Solomon was pushed away.

Three weeks. She has been mad at him for three weeks. And it only seemed to worsen with each passing day.

For three weeks he hadn't seen her smile. He hadn't heard her laugh. And when he had the chance to see her, the only thing he could read on her face was betrayal.

Even if the magician had a lot of things to take care of, there was always a nagging voice in his head telling him to drop everything and get his girl back. And he listened to that voice.

He tried first joking about it, since (Y/N) is the type of person to be able to laugh at everything. What a surprise when she just walked away. Seeing that it didn't work the way he hoped to, he tried to be honest, expressing his feelings with words. But he only got silence coming from her.

Nobody in the team was able to earn a sound coming from her. (Y/N) was quiet, like a broken doll.

She even disappeared for four days, and he couldn't do anything. He couldn't chase after her, because there were troubles everywhere. Even if deep in his heart, Solomon knew that she was way more important than all of this. He could leave everything behind. He could just build his dream with her by his side and nothing else. But reason took over, like it always did.

Except for tonight. In the end, the great leader of the resistance lost the fight against his own feelings.

He didn't have the strength to read either. Staring at the cloudy sky was all he could do. Until a pillow was thrown at his head.

It was a familiar feeling, and his hopes soon became relief when he saw her, standing in front of him.

"(Y/N)..."

Before he could move, she ran in his arms, hugging him close like her life was depending on it. He could feel her hands gripping his shirt.

"I'm so sorry."

"(Y- "

"I was stupid. I'm so sorry. I know I'm just being selfish but please, don't leave me."

"I won't."

The man pulled her closer, resting his head on the crook of her neck. He missed those moments way more than he thought.

"I shouldn't have said those things to you. I didn't mean it. I'm the one that should apologize."

Solomon slowly backed away and kissed her forehead, wiping some tears on her wet cheeks with his fingers. A small smile appeared on her face. It was bright and warm, like everything he wished for during those three weeks.

"What would I do without you?"

"Read all day and get bored."

"Yes. Totally."

"Now kiss me, stupid."

.

.

.

"Solomon."

The man was reading his book, laying on their share bed with her by his side. She was staring at him.

"Give me some attention for once."

"(Y/N), we were making out two minutes ago."

.

.

.

"It seems they are finally back together."

Ithnan looked at the two. They were peacefully reading, ignoring the rest of the world again. It was better this way. They didn't really need a depressed leader that was missing his girlfriend.

And the said girlfriend was back to her usual self. It was hard to admit, but the green-haired magician kind of missed her stupid jokes and ideas. He wasn't the only one that did.

"(Y/N)-onee-chan! Play with me!"

A four years old boy came running towards her, followed by his mother. The boy inherited her singular hair color. That vivid orange was quite noticeable.

"Don't run Tess! You'll fall, aru."

Of course, the boy didn't listen to her mother. After all, his favorite playmate was here.

"Mister Mon, watch over my book."

"Roger, miss (Y/n/n)."

Handing over her book to Solomon, (Y/N) left running with Tess. There was at least someone that was taking the time to play with the child. Even his parents were extremely busy.

Wahid stood by Solomon's side, watching the two having fun. It seemed that (Y/N) was quite good with children, even if she never had been found of babies. On this point, (Y/N) and Solomon were quite similar. But it was a shame.

"Hey, Solomon."

Only earning a 'hum' coming from the man, Wahid sighed. This man could be so cold sometimes.

"You should give her a child."

The leader of the resistance chocked on his own saliva. They just started to properly go out, now that their mutual feelings weren't doubted anymore. Having a child? It was too early.

"It's not a good idea."

"Why not? Look at her, she's pretty good with them."

"It's too early, and I'm not even sure she thought about such things."

On this point, he was right. (Y/N) was the type to run away from responsibilities when they are too heavy for her. You can count on her to help you prank people, but you can also be sure that she'll run away when it's time to confess the crime. And maybe she was also lacking some common sense.

"I can tell you, Wahid, she's not ready at all."

"...Yeah, but you should consider it. Having a child is refreshing. And you'll have a family on your own! Isn't that great?"

"...Maybe."

********************************

Yeah, it's a bit short.

Hope you still like it :D