Chapter 4 : Communication

Yo! Yo! Let's Go!

***************************************************

The underground village of the Manticores. Houses were build inside the walls of the cave. Strong stone pillars were supporting the whole structure. It was a lively village where a lot of people were working, chatting... The architecture was quite similar to something (Y/N) had seen before, close to pre-Columbian cities, especially the different statues.

"Wow!"

The resistance group continued their journey inside the village, amazed by all the new things they were discovering.

"This is the first time we're in a Manticore's underground village! I never thought that they'd let us enter!"

Ithnan exclaimed happily, following close his friends.

"It's incredible right, Solomon?"

Ugo looked back at his leader, who was quiet for a long time now. The said man had his eyes shining, like a kid in front of candies. He quickly ran to meet one of his hosts.

"Can I really take a look around? What's that? Can I go in there? This is great!!"

Sheba just stared at him with round eyes. This man was always so serious, what did just happen?

"Solomon is interested in the other species' way of living and culture. The thing he likes the most is to touch them!"

Ugo answered the pink haired girl. Then, Arba joined their conversation.

"He's still just a kid!"

She giggled at her young master's behaviour.

"Solomon, the heck are you doing?"

(Y/N) stood at his side, watching the young man wiggling his body, a huge smile plastered on his face.

"I'm communicating!"

Sheba shouted towards his direction.

"C-Can you understand what they are saying!?"

"No, I can't understand them, but I'm using my gut feeling!"

Solomon replied happily, still jumping and moving in front of the manticores.

"Looks more like dance power."

"I'm not dancing! It's communicating!"

"Whatever you say."

The (h/c) haired girl, who was still standing at the side of her wiggling friend, waved at one of the manticores, asking them to come closer. Their nose almost touched when she hugged their face.

"(Y/N), what are you doing?"

"Communicating of course!"

"You're hugging their nose."

"You dance, I hug nose. Let me communicate with them! They are so fluffy and cute~"

The other members of the resistance just watched the two of them debating about the best way to communicate with other species. Sheba was still staring at them like they were completely crazy.

The group rested inside a massive house, the house of the chief of the village. Sheba looked outside of the window.

"This is strange."

Ugo, who was still at her side, turned his gaze back to her.

"Eh? What's strange?"

Sheba stared at the whole city, commenting the fact that there were shops, families, it was organised, way too much like a human city! They were other species, they were inferior! Back when she was inside the Gunud tower, they were just mindless creatures.

"That's only because of your magic, right?"

The young girl stared at him in disbelief, completely shocked.

"Ah, sorry... Its just that now that we cut the effects of that magic, I can only see a race with quite a good intellect. I don't know how they were in the past, but... Right now, they aren't trying to eat us up, after they understood that we are and equal species to with mutual understanding is possible."

Her pink locks hid her eyes. Equal species? This was wrong. It wasn't what the orthodox church used to tell them. Other species were only monsters.

"Freaking KKK, I hate those stupid old geezers."

Sheba and Ugo turned back to see (Y/N), standing alongside with a young manticore with a flower in his paws. Solomon was just behind her. The pink haired girl freaked out.

"Hey Sheba relax! He just wanted to apologize for yesterday."

"(Y/N), just what is KKK?"

"Something awful Solomon. Trust me, you don't want to know."

"I'm pretty sure I want to. Plus, you still have to explain me about what you did yesterday."

The leader of the resistance grabbed a protesting (Y/N) away, leaving Sheba alone with the young manticore. The two young ones were sitting in silence, until the young manticore spoke up. Sheba just stared at him, not understanding a single word. Then, the little manticore grabbed a picture book from a toy box and opened it to a picture of a magician.

"This picture in this book suck."

Sheba got up and started drawing with her staff.

"Oh~ New way of communicating!"

(Y/N) shouted happily, followed close by Solomon.

"This is a magician."

"Wow! You are good at this missy!"

Solomon exclaimed, watching her drawing. The young manticore, slowly draw a flower shape on the hat of the magician.

"I see... You want me to put the flower you gave me earlier in my hair, right?"

With a bit of struggling, Sheba managed to put the massive flower on her head.

"Cute."

(Y/N) commented the whole scene. Until Sheba fell backward, because of how heavy the flower was. The young manticore beamed a beautiful smile, shining like the sun. The sight of his happiness made Sheba's heart warm.

The young manticore and his magician friend played along until the night, under the watchful eyes of Solomon.

"I made a friend! They're called Momo!"

Sheba shouted proudly, introducing her new friend to the resistance group. She quickly left to play with Momo again.

"I'm squealing inside."

"Let me guess, they are cute, aren't they?"

"You learn fast Solomon~"

(Y/N) was watching the two new found comrades, with the whole group of the resistance.

"By the way, according to what the manticore's leader told me, the continent broke off only recently. It was to keep us here, just as I thought."

"Told you... So, you have learned the manticore language's already?"

Ithnan commented Solomon's word. Meanwhile, Arba was still thinking about how they should proceed next.

"So that's means that we should entrust 'that thing' to the manticore tribe, without waiting for the other leaders to show up and leave this place sooner that expected. Right, young master?"

"Exactly"

**********************************

Wow, I'm so slow to update my stories...