Chapter 9: Soon to be dragon

"Just like in the past, when we are alone, talk to me without honorifics."

"...Yes, young master."

Her face flustered by her emotions, Arba took the hand of Solomon. Sheba saw everything back there, a blanc look plastered on her face.

"You can talk normally to him even if I'm here."

"Yeah, she's too stupid to count."

Solomon smirked at (Y/N), who raised an eye from her book, no emotion showed on her face.

"I'll kill you in your sleep."

"I'd like to see that."

"Alright you two, no murder today."

Arba stood between the two, who were challenging each other with a staring contest.

"By the way Solomon, your sword style sucks! Is it because you're kinda short? I would like to see a bigger and stronger Solomon."

"He, pussy."

Smiling like a Cheshire cat, (Y/N) pursued her reading, under the pretended hurtful look of the blue haired magician.

"How could you say something like this to me? I though that we were friends..."

"For the love of Il Ilah, you two really have a problem."

Arba sweat dropped, witnessing an over exaggerated reaction from Solomon with (Y/N) following him in his theatre scene.

Sheba left, letting the cat fall from her arms. Witnessing them being so close filled her heart with sadness. She met Solomon the same day as (Y/N), but the (h/c) haired girl, even without magic, grew so close to him.

Reaching the other members of the group, Sheba collapsed on a blanket, near Ugo, a gloomy aura around her.

"Ah, welcome back. How did it go, Sheba?"

The light blue haired magician greeted her, earning a silence from the pink haired girl.

After glancing around her, Sheba jumped on the food that was just brought by Setta, earning a disgusted look from him.

"Whoa, that's like, stress eating, aru."

A small laugh escaped Fallan's lips, while Ugo gave her a compassionate look.

"You can't get yourself between them no matter how much you eat."

Sniffing and drying her tears, Sheba stopped.

"I know."

"Leaving that aside..."

The whole leading group of the resistance was walking on the streets of their actual base. While Setta and Ithnan were planning their next objective and Fallan taking care of her baby with Wahid, those who were mostly paying attention to Solomon were Ugo and Sheba, since (Y/N) was still reading and writing stuff while walking, and Arba was nowhere to be seen.

"It's really changed in the last years."

"So you noticed it too, right?"

The atmosphere around Solomon and Ugo was quite tense. Indeed, something was off.

"What changed?"

Wanting to be part of the conversation, Sheba asked the most evident question there was.

"The quality of the magoi."

"There's a kind of quality in magic energy?"

Closing her book, (Y/N) also joined in.

"Yes. Depending on the source of the magoi, we can have different results when casting a spell for example. And lately, the magoi we receive from Ill Ilah is heavier... It feels a little impure."

"I see... This might be a problem in the future."

Ugo explained everything in detail for (Y/N) and Sheba, even if the pink haired magician was more focused on the serious face of Solomon.

"You're right, aru! My shoulders are, like, getting stiffer and stiffer, aru! And in addition to that, I now have two men who can't like, stay away from my tits, aru!"

Pushing away her husband, Fallan complained with a pouty face, while the four other sweat dropped. Those two were a quite weird couple. It might even be a miracle for them to get along.

Getting their attention back to the main subject, Ugo gave a serious look to his blue haired friend.

"I wonder what is causing that..."

"I don't know. But... I think that it is a serious matter that could break the balance of this world."

"Why?"

(Y/N) cut short to their conversation. Being completely immune to magic kind of leaves you without any knowledge about it.

Patting her head, Solomon gave her a small smile.

"Well... You know, it's like if the quality of the magoi continues to get worse, we might all end up dying."

"Aaaaaaah, ok I get it. But it's only deadly for magicians."

"Since we were all born from Ill Ilah, if it becomes evil, everyone might die, even you."

"Please. I eat his freaking power. How in the fuck that yellow glowing jellyfish could have created me?"

"Hum-"

"You can't answer that, can you?"

"No, but I know someone that can. It's been a while, but I think... We need to ask for advice. Maybe he will be able to tell us something, about why is the quality of the magoi getting lower and how in the wold did I ended up stuck with you."

"Come on! I know you can't live without me. You'll get so bored that you'll die!"

With the two of then arguing about who couldn't live without the other, the other members of the group were left with a serious matter all alone.

The majority were thinking about the person they could ask advices from. The first though of Ithnan was about a being that was alive way before magicians, even if it was a rather vague idea. But in Ugo's case, he knew exactly who it was all about. It's been already ten years when they last say that person.

Sheba remembered Solomon mentioning something like this. Was that specie really alive before magicians?

"Say that I'm right and I'll take you to meet a dragon."

Snapping out of their thoughts, they all saw a desperate look on (Y/N)'s face, just after hearing Solomon's voice.

"No! You don't have the right! It's cheating!"

"I have all the rights. Now it all depends on you. Do you want to see a dragon? A REAL dragon?"

"Solomon, you son of a goat!"

"Alright then~ You'll stay here while we go."

Falling on her knees, with the same desperate expression, (Y/N) was in the middle of an internal conflict. Giving that man what he wants will earn her at least a week of constant teasing, but she wanted to see that dragon since the day Solomon mentioned it. Swallowing her pride, the (h/c) haired girl gave up.

"Alright, alright!"

"Say it."

"Solomon, ... I can't live without you."

"Good."

"Now wipe me that smirk of your face and take me to the dragon, bastard."

**************************************

HEEEEEEEY~ Yup it's been a while ^^. For those who may not know, I have some troubles with my health lately, but it finally started to get better!

So now I'm free to post this. Have fun and see ya next update <3