Chapter 15: Love is weird

CAAAAAAN YOU FEEEEEEL THE LOOOOVE TONIIIIIIGHT~

****************************

"This is ridiculous."

Three mouths have passed, and Ithnan really started to get bored of all of this. Since (Y/N) stood up for him, Solomon was even more clingy than before. So now, they were holding hands, even kissing each other's cheeks in a "friendly" manner. Either (Y/N) was completely stupid or REALLY oblivious. Heck, when the group asked them if they were dating, she said that Solomon and she were friends. Some invisible arrows pierced the heart of the blue haired magician, but he didn't seem to give up.

"They are cute."

Sheba watched them from afar. At first it broke her heart. She was in love with Solomon for so long, and yet, she wasn't the one he wanted by his side. She couldn't fulfil the promise she made to Arba, because Solomon ended up loving someone else. But after a lot of crying and comforting talks, she started to move on. Now, she was able to smile when she looked at them. They were happy, and now she started to be.

"Well, isn't it great that they are getting along? After all, we have been only getting bad news..."

Since that incident, the internal conflicts between the different species were worsening. Some magicians continued provoking them, creating even more discord inside the resistance. Even if they kept on destroying gunuds and freeing others, the conflict was completely out of control.

Some species delimitated borders between them and the others inside the same insolation barrier. Some even declared their independence. All of this was breaking down everyone's determination. It was incredibly tiering.

"Speaking of getting along. Ugo, maybe it's time for you to get married, aru."

Falan turned her attention to magic engineer. They needed to light up the mood a little.

"I'm fine... I still have my magic research..."

And the said engineer was starting to depress. He never picked the interest of a woman, or anyone for that matter.

"Heck yeah! I want to see mini Ugos everywhere!"

"Maybe you should consider meeting someone. I want nephews."

"SOLOMON, (Y/N), CAN YOU PLEASE STOP."

Staring at Ugo in disbelief, Ithnan sighed. But Wahid wanted to be supportive to him.

"There should be a woman that's just like you in this world, you know."

"Impossible. Such a nerdy woman doesn't exist."

Ithnan preferred telling him the truth. Poor Ugo will stay single.

"And what about you Ithnan? Don't you think it's time for you to stop only having eyes for Setta and get a life?"

(Y/N) was staring at him tauntingly. If we had to speak about relationship, Falan and Wahid were the ones with the most experience. But when it came to Ithnan, or even Setta, both never had a girlfriend.

"By the way, wasn't it today that Setta had a date?"

"A DATE???"

Solomon was the one that knows everything inside the base, and Ithnan yelled out loud that he didn't know, that Setta didn't tell him anything. But they are brothers! WHY didn't he tell him that he had a date?

"I'm leaving."

The green haired magician started to walk away. There was no way in hell that a woman will get in the way of him and his precious little brother.

"Oh, no, no, no. It's time for you to realise that Setta is not a grown man that can handle himself. You should do the same. Date someone Ithnan, I'm sick of hearing you telling Ugo that he'll stay single. Because right now, YOU are single.And you were for approximatively all your life"

There was no way the (h/c) haired girl will et that magician critic others when he's not better. If he wanted to tell Ugo that he didn't have any chances with women, then he should start getting one first.

.

.

.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DIDN'T TOLD ME!"

"ITHNAN, IT WAS NOTHING!"

"YOU HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME ABOUT IT! I DON'T CALL THAT NOTHING!"

"I WANTED TO INTRODUCE YOU TO HER, I JUST DIDN'T HAD THE TIME!"

When Setta went back, he wasn't expecting his brother to glare daggers- well, more like nuclear bombs- at him. The purple haired man had passed a very pleasant day, and it was quite rare in those troubled times. But it seemed that troubles were never far.

"It looks like he cheated on him."

(Y/N) stared at them, while sitting on Solomon's lap, who was reading. The bickering of the two brothers was the main attraction of the evening. They had a great audience. Dinner just finished, and since Setta had dinner outside, it was even worst.

"They just need time to work it out."

"I'm pretty sure they will break up."

"(Y/N)."

"What? Look at them! There are just like husband and wife."

"And who's the wife?"

Wahid joined in, grinning like an idiot.

"Ithnan of course."

"Fortunately, he can't hear you."

They kept on commenting the scene, until Solomon closed his book.

"I think it's time for us to have some rest. Come (Y/N)"

"I don't need you to tell me when I have to go to bed, mom."

"Stop complaining and let's go."

He grabbed the girl's wrist taking her away with him, while she waved at the others, who waved back.

.

.

"I know you like being a dotting father to everyone, but I can take care of myself you know."

The two were walking inside the empty halls, that were lit by the moonlight. Solomon was still dragging her around, not leaving her the choice.

"I'm just worried about you, that's all."

"Well, you know, I really like the fact that you give me so much attention, but maybe it's too much."

He stopped his track and look at her.

"So you don't like it?"

"That's not what I said! It just, that we're not even dating or something. It just feels weird."

"Then we should just date."

"...Are you serious...?"

"Why not? We mean a lot to each other, right?"

"Yeah, but..."

He took both of her hands in his, looking straight at her confused eyes. They were shinning underneath the moonlight.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

**********************

I am so happy that you guys like this story. I really enjoy writing it!

AND we almost reach the 2K readings <3

Thank you a lot for your support!