Chapter 10: A Journey to the Center of the Earth

Hoi! Missed me?

Let's go back to business!

***********************************************

"Did you come to speak to me, little one?"

A warm light filled the emptiness of the continental rift. It was a pure white, like a shiny star in the night sky.

In front of Ugo, Sheba, (Y/N) and Solomon stood the origin dragon, that was present before magicians, maybe since the creation of this world.

"Yes, mother dragon."

Solomon was nervous, it was easy to tell. Meanwhile, Sheba was quite surprise to see this massive dragon talking their language, but it was clearly understandable, since the dragon was alive for thousand and thousand years.

The oppressive atmosphere was suddenly lifted when (Y/N) got closer of the dragon and hugged it.

"(Y/N)."

"Shut up Solomon!"

-Earlier this morning-

"NO, NO, NO, NO WAY!! I'M GOING TOO!!"

Yelling loud while hugging her staff, Sheba was expressing her will to go meet the dragon.

"Don't act like a spoiled child."

"Just let her come and let's gooooo!"

(Y/N) whined while tugging on the arm of Solomon. Her patience was running low now, and it was the case for Solomon as well. Being surrounded by pouting children was so bothersome ...

"But... Arba as already met the dragon, right? And even (Y/N) is coming."

"Yes, I have escorted Solomon several times in the past."

Giving Sheba what seemed like an oblivious look, Arba agreed with her words. Meanwhile, Ithnan was completely lost. The two girls were very close when the pink haired magician was younger. They would even sleep together. So why were they picking up a fight? Falan sweat dropped. Indeed, her friend was very dense. Almost everyone had noticed it now, and Setta was quite happy to see his brother being so pure after all these years.

"But it isn't easy to meet the dragon because she lives at the bottom of the continental rift, you know."

Ugo made the young magician's determination waver. She was completely shocked just by thinking that someone would live in such a place. Back in the Orthodox church, this place was called a godforsaken place, where light never reaches the bottom and where impure children would be dropped inside.

"Hahahah. It doesn't look like a godforsaken place. It's just an incomplete part of the world."

Ugo laughed a little seeing Sheba's reaction. Even if the said girl had finally recovered, she was still confused.

The magic engineer explained that this world was too huge for Ill Ilah, so some part of it aren't consistent, like the great rift, where the laws of physics are unstable.

While talking, the leading group of the resistance finally arrived at the border. Ugo had barely the time to finish his explanation that (Y/N) was already gone.

"BOOYAH!!!!"

The (h/c) haired girl jumped, without a care in the world, with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"..."

Sheba was stunned. Didn't she listened to what they said earlier?

"Wait for me (Y/N)! I'm coming!"