Chapter 14: Believe in him

Are you ready for an awesome speech? BECAUSE I AM!

*******************************

"For how long you plan on ignoring me?"

"I'm not ignoring you."

"Yes you are."

"I'm not."

"You are."

"I'm not."

"Can't believe you wanted a hug so badly."

"Can't you just leave me alone?"

A (h/c) haired girl was sitting at the side of a blue haired magician, that was quite annoyed. And he was quite annoyed for two hours now, because (Y/N) wouldn't leave him alone, not until he admitted that he was jealous. Pfff, him? Jealous? For what? Why would he admit such a thing? They were just noisy, so he left in order to continue reading peacefully.

The room was silence. But it wasn't awkward, for (Y/N) at least. She was staring at Solomon, a sly smile on her face, wiggling her eyebrows at him. It took all of his will to not look at her. And it became ever worst when she started making funny faces.

"(Y/N) for goodness's sake."

A small smile bloomed on his face. Staying mad at this girl was impossible. Patting her head, he signed before going back to his reading.

They stayed like this for a while. Solomon continued reading, while (Y/N) played with his hair, braiding it even more.

"Hey (Y/N)."

"Hum?"

"What do you think of me?"

Stopping making an incredible hairstyle, the (h/l) haired girl stared at him, rather confused.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, like, what am I to you?"

"My dad."

"..."

"I was kidding."

"...I swear to Ill Ilah (Y/N)."

"SOLOMON!"

A green haired magician smashed open the door interrupting the two of them, panic written all over his face.

"THERE IS AN INTERNAL DISCORD AMONG THE OTHER SPECIES!"

-Zohal continent, second isolation barrier-

"Drive out the centaurs! They don't have claws and fangs! And even if they're useless in our holy war, they receive favours from Lord Solomon equal to you Berserkers!"

A magician shouted out loud, and his voice was followed by war cries coming from humanoid leopards, that raised their weapons to the sky. Being treated equally as another species, that is sly and manipulative was an insult.

Not so far away, the same thing was heard coming from the enemy's side. Humanoid zebras raised their weapons, ready to fight alongside magicians, claiming that berserkers are only savages, and that one day they will rebel against their lord Solomon.

And the said Solomon was flying high in the sky, followed by his trusted friends. With a swift movement, he distorted the gravity, parting away the two species.

With the help of Falan and the others, the situation was once again under control. The devious magicians were tied up and the berserkers alongside with the centaurs were trapped inside magic barriers. Gladly, nobody was hurt. Sheba and her team were all safe.

"I sentence that all the magicians in the Zohal continent, Shamal district, second isolation barrier except for the district chiefs, be expelled. I will also confiscate the divine staves from the berserkers and the centaurs."

Solomon's voice was cold, and his word were clear. His mind was dead set.

"W-What!? That's tyranny!"

The culprit exclaimed completely in shock. They weren't doing anything wrong. All of this was for their lord Solomon.

"Silence. To use the other species to increase your own personal fortune is the same thing that the Orthodox does."

The tied-up magicians stared at him in disbelief. It wasn't fair at all. And that feeling soon brought back anger. There was no way they will let him get away just like this.

"Increase one's personal fortune by using the other species...? Isn't that what you are doing right now, lord Solomon?"

Turning his attention back to the prisoner, Solomon stared at him, with still a serious expression. And the leading group of the resistance did the same.

"EVERYONE! LISTEN TO ME! The one here, lord Solomon, the son of Elder David, the root of evil in the Orthodox, the one who made the other species suffer so much and created the abominable Gunud and the mind breaking magic... Is none other than this person!"

With a simple gesture and some words, the magician wavered the trust of both locked in species. They stared at the magicians in complete shock.

And like it wasn't enough, the prisoner added oil on the fire, saying that their famous leader is only abusing them. Lying to every single one of them. He just wants power and to rule over this world.

"That's a lie! Solomon is only 22 years old!"

Sheba was the first one to react. Meanwhile, the other members of the resistance kept on watching the scene. It was complete bullshit. Heck, who would believe that? But Setta, being the careful man he is, wasn't sharing their opinion. Just by looking at the other species, it was easy to tell that they were cautiously thinking about all of this. Doubt was filling their heart.

"EVEN SO! The one who devised the towers and the mind breaking magic was Elder David! Can you be sure that his son will not follow his steps!? I will tell you this. He will become an arrogant and despotic ruler just like his father."

"Wow. I think that at this level, hearing so many bullshits per seconds will become deadly."

After, approximatively, listening to the conversation, (Y/N) had to say something. It was freaking ridiculous.

"Can't believe your trust is breaking down so easily. If you don't trust him, you should just kill him."

She was calm, way too calm, with an emotionless expression. But her voice was like a snow storm. You can only wait for it to pass, without saying a word.

"This man devoted his life to make others happy, no matter where they were coming from or what they could possibly look like, because it's how love works. Because it's how he works. If we kept on focusing on what is different, then the world would be full of enemies."

"It is normal to be afraid. We are all afraid of things we don't understand, fearing that one day they could harm the ones we love. Centaurs are afraid of the berserkers' strength and berserkers are afraid of the centaurs' intelligence. But what if you tried to look at things in a different way? What if instead of an enemy, you could see a friend? Like this you could see that they aren't that much differences between you."

"Every creature, great or small, only wants to be happy, to watch the sun rise every day alongside the person they care about. This is what Solomon showed me, and this is why I believe in him."