Chapter 21: An unwanted throne

Sorry for the long wait x)

*********************

"Solomon, wait for me!"

The magician pursued his track, without glancing at the girl that was running to catch up to him. Cheers from outside were resonating all over the place, but no matter how much joy they were expressing, it wasn't enough to bring back some peace inside of the magician's heart. It was like the world suddenly broke before his eyes. His dreams, his hopes, they all died and were being buried with each cry of joy.

When Solomon stopped in the middle of the hall, (Y/N) almost bumped into his back.

"(Y/N), you should go and celebrate with the others."

Even if he wasn't facing her, sorrow was probably written all over his face. It was the first time she ever saw him like this. Just by the way he was walking, she could tell that it was extraordinarily painful.

Grabbing his shirt, she ended up burying her face on his back, trying desperately to bring him some comfort. He was trembling, fighting against the tears that were only waiting to stream down his face. She wanted to help him, but would her words ever be enough? It was the only thing she could do and even if it was minor, she will keep on fighting for him.

"It's okay. You have to right to be sad."

Before having the opportunity to say something else, powerful arms wrapped around her small form. The magician hid his hurt figure inside her soft locks, still struggling against tears. Even if his body was warm, his heart was cold. Reality blew everything away.

"Say, is it wrong for me to want them to see things like I do?"

Gently stroking his hair, (Y/N) stared at the roof on top of them. She could feel him relax a bit even if his trembling didn't stop.  She took a deep breath before pronouncing her next words.

"Promise me you'll never give up your dream."

He tensed up when he heard her. It was all over. The dream died before his very own eyes. What was she trying to do?

"But nobody is willi-"

"Solomon, promise me."

Pulling back a little, he gazed at her serious expression. His mind got completely distracted. He felt even a bit guilty to find her attractive in a time like that.

"It was probably too early for them. Instead of giving up, you should be patient. One day, they'll understand."

The magician was lost for words. No matter how desperate he could feel, she was always able to make him smile again. Not knowing how to answer, he just gave her a small smile she gladly returned before pulling her into a heated kiss.

For a second, he forgot everything. It was just the two of them and this warm feeling that kept on creeping inside his chest.

He pulled her closer, not even leaving an opportunity to breathe. She was addictive, making him only want more with every moment that passed.

A loud moan escaped (Y/N)'s lips as Solomon deepened the kiss. Unfortunately for her, she often tended to forget how wild and passionate he could be behind that calm composure of his.

And when he finally let her go, a huge smirk was on his face.

"How about we take that somewhere more private?"

"...You're impossible."

.

.

"Are you still mad at me, babe?"

(Y/N) let an exasperated sigh escape her lips while she was drowning herself on her pillow. She didn't have to glance at the man beside her that was back to his book again to know that he was just loving teasing her.

"I hate you."

"Well, you were more than enjoying it."

She ground her teeth before aggressively smashing a pillow on his smirking face.

"You were depressed a minute ago and now I can't feel my hips! I can't believe you!"

A hearty laugh echoed through the room. How could he resist? Her pouty face was way too adorable.

"Stop laughing, it's not funny!"

Still hitting him with a pillow and a pout on her face, (Y/N) froze when he pinned her down on the bed. She met those mesmerising eyes that held the same fire she always saw when he decided something.

Her body tensed up when he got closer to her ear. His hot breath was tickling her skin, making her face heat up.

"You know, it's your fault for being this irresistible."

Her heart skipped a bit when she heard his words, and her face exploded in red. Guess she won't get any sleep tonight.

.

.

A massive crowd was patiently waiting. All species were reunited because today a new king was born, and it was bringing new hopes for the future.

Standing proudly around him, his friends were all looking at him with encouraging eyes. They knew that Solomon will once again overcome everything.

Every single member of the leading group of the resistance was happily following a blue-haired magician, except for a certain (h/c) haired girl, that was just glaring sharp daggers on his back. Of course, he was well aware of it but kept on walking without glancing at her, trying hard to not smile while imagining her angry face. She will make sure to make him pay for that. King or not, he will stay an idiot for her.

A few months passed, and things were getting well. Since Solomon took the 'official' lead, the riots stopped, allowing everyone to finally breathe and relax, except for the king that now had to enjoy the wonderful world of paperwork.

In all honesty, Solomon wasn't expecting such a radical change. It was way more tiring than before and now he barely had the chance to read or talk to Ugo about his researches out of the official duty, or even spend some quality times with (Y/N).

Speaking of (Y/N), she also ended up with an immense quantity of duty. When she told him that people were making her extremely uncomfortable by calling her queen, he could totally relate. And as a queen, she was in charge to make sure everybody was still happy and that internal conflicts won't start again.

In fact, he was missing her. The only time they had was at night and both of them were just too tired to spend time talking to each other. He would never admit it, but it was starting to frustrate him. He really needed a good night sex, but duty comes first. Sometimes, he wondered what would happen if he just set fire to all those papers scattered all over his desk.

His thoughts were cut short when a sleepy (Y/N) opened the door.

"Hey, Ugo wants to see you."

******************

Booyah :D Yup it was long but it's finally here ! YAAAAAY! Now to the next one.