Chapter thirty four: Accidents happen

Yami's POV

Despite my first attempt to feed Hana, I really enjoyed getting to help take care of her. I know I must have been giving Yugi a break in all of this. He's been doing stuff like this since the day she was born. I know he was watching me. He must have been so happy and proud of me. I wish I could have seen what she was like when she was a lot younger. Yugi did say that they took lots of pictures and videos in my absence. I can't wait to get to see those. I wanna know how much I had to miss and lose out on as she grew up on me.

It was now the afternoon as I sat on the couch playing with my beautiful baby girl. After breakfast, Yugi had went to take a shower. I heard the water turn off a minute or two ago so he should be out any moment. As I waited, I began to make faces and put my head close to hers. Hana giggled and smiled at me. She starts bobbing her head back and forth a little.

Hana moves her head back like she's going to sway it again, but instead she hits me in the head pretty hard. I flinch, but still couldn't help to express that it really hurt. "Owwww!" I yell as I quickly sat Hana in the floor in front of me. "Yami! Are you okay?" I faintly hear Yugi shout as I held my head in my hands, trying to ease the pain. I don't answer him and just keep holding my head. Yugi's footsteps grow louder, meaning that he's in the living room with me now. I feel his arms wrap around me and the spot next to me sink in a little. My body leans into his touch and sinks down to his lap. He places small kisses on my temple to my cheek. It makes me able to smile through the pain.

When I'm finally able to, I move my hands away from my head. "What happened?" He softly asks, stroking my hair to help lessen the pain. "I don't know aibou. One minute I'm playing with her and the next she head butts me." I explain, gently flipping so I can face him. "I'm sorry koi, I'm sure she didn't mean to hurt you." He said. "I know she didn't mean to." I crack a smile. "You can sleep off the pain if you want to. I don't mind." Yugi smiles innocently. "But what about Hana?" I ask, concerned. I don't want Yugi to feel like he's abandoning her to care for me. "She'll be okay, I promise." Yugi assures me. I give in and believe him. "Okay." I answer sleepily. The pain has been reduced to a throbbing sensation. I know I don't completely fall asleep, but I do feel myself doze off.

After my nap I do feel better. My head doesn't really hurt anymore, but it's still sore. The day has started to near the evening hours. While Yugi was feeding Hana, I went to take a shower. The hot water felt good on my skin as it cascaded down my back. I quickly washed up and got out. I wrapped the towel around my waist and headed to our room to get dressed. I grabbed a pair of pants and a black tank top. Last I remember, Yugi was wearing a white shirt and blue pants. I walk out of the room clean and dressed.

I make my way back towards the living room to be with Yugi and the baby. Halfway there, my head started to ache for no reason. I became light headed and dizzy. I take my hand and hold my head again. I guess Yugi took notice because he's already by my side in what feels like an instant. "Are you sure you're okay mou hitori no boku?" Yugi asks, his hands on my shoulders to steady me. "Yeah I'm fine, Just a little dizzy 's all." I try to reassure him. But even I am not sure if I believe myself. "I hope Hana didn't bump you too hard on your head." I faintly hear as everything starts running together and barely making sense.

Me- Awe, I hope Yami's okay.

Yugi- What's wrong with him rose? He was fine earlier.

Yugi asks, clearly upset.

Me- I don't know Yugi. We'll find out soon okay

I smile, trying to soothe him.

Yugi- Can we cut this a little short this time? I wanna go be with him.

He mumbles, staring at the floor.

Me- Of course.

I gently rub his shoulder.

Yugi- Thank you.

Yugi slightly smiles as he goes to leave.

Me- Sorry guys, gonna cut the commentary short on this one so Yugi can go soothe Yami.

Yugi- Bye guys, don't forget to comment and vote.

He calls right as he slips through the door.

Me- Bye!