Chapter thirty nine: Engagement

I was feeding Hana mushed bananas when I hear the door slam open. "Yugi, guess what?! He said yes!" Huh, what is Marik talking about? I give Hana another bite then turn around to face him. I give him a confused look. "Mal, he said yes!" Still I don't get what he's trying to tell me. "Said yes to what?" He's so excited that I know he keeps forgetting details. He sighs and rolls his eyes, finally realizing I don't know what he's talking about. "This!" He shoves his hand in front of my face. A gold band sits on his ring finger. This must mean they're getting married. "Oh! That's great Marik, congratulations!" I cheer with him, getting excited. "Where's Yami? I have to go and tell him." "He's probably just now getting up. Hana woke up hungry and Yami slept through it, so I went ahead and got up to feed her. Although he might be a little mad that I didn't wake him up." I said. Yami likes feeding her and helping out. I'm so used to taking care of her on my own, I wake up at her slightest cry. I can't help it and I don't do it on purpose so he can't help either. He nods his head. "Oh Yam yams, I have something important to tell you!" I hear his voice trail off as he goes to mine and Yami's room. Oh Marik. What are we going to do with you?

I shake my head and go back to feeding Hana. I didn't mean to look away from her too long. She starts to get fussy and hitting the table with her mouth open. I chuckle. "I'm sorry princess. I promise I didn't forget about you." I smile and feed her another bite of her banana baby food. She slurps it off the spoon and smiles. A speck of banana starts to dribble down the corner of her mouth. I can't help but laugh. She always finds a way to entertain me somehow even when she's not trying to.

In the other room, I can just make out what the boys are saying. Marik excitedly tells Yami about the engagement and Yami congratulates him. Of course once after they stop bickering. I laugh to myself. I don't think I want to know what happened before hand. But I'm sure I can only just imagine.

Me- I don't want to even know what Marik did before hand.

I say with a shutter.

Yugi- Me either.

Yugi agrees.

Yami- You guys don't even know. Just know that it was not pretty. Oh and Yugi, why didn't you wake me up? I would have helped you you know.

Yami asked, changing the subject.

Yugi- Force of habit...

Smiles innocently.

Yami sighs.

Yami- I'll give you that one.

Me- Alright you two, we should all get going now.

Yami- Yeah you're probably right. Welp, me and my sexyness need our beauty so goodnight my lovelies.

Yami smiles widely and then exits the room.

Yugi- No comment.

Me- Same.

The two of us agree.

Yugi- Well bye everyone!

Me- Don't forget to leave a comment and vote.