Prologue

I have restarted the book "Restless" simply because I hated how I started and made the original one. But this one will be better and more edited. And I will try my best to update every Saturday. But you could be in different time zones, I will update by Central Standard Time.

Warning this book contains Mature Language and Mature Chapters

The content of this book may not be disturbed or manipulated in anyway to fit another story. No reproducing of this story or title. Full rights reserved, do not copyright. This book must not be published, translated or anything like that on another site without my permission. If this was to happen it is punishable by law.

___

After an hour of being on my laptop I close it and sigh with exhaustion. I run my hand down my face and put some strands of my hair behind my ear. Hearing Apollo, my German Shepard, bark I get up to pour some water into his bowl. "There you go. Yah happy now?" He raises his head up from lapping some water and gives me a doggy grin.

With a chuckle I turn around and grab my laptop heading upstairs. After an hour of searching and searching the guy's name I come up with nothing. I've hacked into police files and searched the name there but nothing. After placing the laptop down and plugging it in, I grab some clean clothes and head for my shower.

Looking in the mirror I see bags under my eyes. I look like I haven't slept for twenty-four hours. Which I haven't really. I'm restless; I can't sleep and I haven't been able to in a long time. I always have nightmares and they seem to haunt me day and night. The same thing.. over and over..

Taking off my clothes I grab a simple white towel and put it besides the shower. Turning the faucet I wait for the water to turn warm before stepping in and cleaning myself.

After that's over with I step out and put on some panties with a oversized grey sweater. Some girls wear a bra to sleep and I sit there and think 'how?' It's so uncomfortable! And I've read somewhere that's it's not good for your breast... at least I think I've read that somewhere or someone told me- but whatever, it's still uncomfortable!

Cutting off the lights, I slip into my comfortable bed. Calling Apollo's name I hear him rush up the stairs and use his head to open my bedroom door wider and jumps up. "Good boy" I pet his head as he lays beside my feet towards the bottom of the bed.

After tossing and turning I finally find a comfortable position and try to get to sleep. But no matter what my past haunts me. It's always there.. lurking in the back of my mind. And every time I try to find peace or relaxation, it resurfaces and finds a why to make me uncomfortable, and it always succeeds. Feeling my eyes tear up, and since I'm alone, I let them fall down my face onto the sheets.

***

"So how was your Saturday?"

"Eh, same as always," I sip the coffee from my mug. "never changes." I lied; well partially. Usually I'm alone because I want to be, because I'm used to it, and because of the fact I'm still trying to find that guy. But I'm not telling Willow that.

"Oh come on, Ivy! You never do anything, why don't we go to the club or-"

"No." I tell her as she looks my way with wide eyes. Willow is my best friend, she's been there for me since day one. Of course she doesn't know of my past but she knows that something always bothers me. She is like my sister and I wouldn't trade her for the world. Even thought we are like sisters sometimes we are totally different. Willow is shy a lot of times, while I am wild at times. When we went to school she had school spirit, but I didn't... should've burned the place down while I could..