Chapter 10

Chapter 10 ~ Troublemaker

Not edited

Ivory's POV

I can't believe I did that..
I can't believe I just did that!
Oh my gosh this is amazing! It's exhilarating! I can feel my heart pumping at like 100 beats per minute! The adrenaline is flowing through my veins and make me short of shaky. But none the less... I AM OKAY!

Driving down the road I pass no cars, no buildings, no nothing. There isn't anything for a few miles from that huge manor.

Glancing up into the small mirror, I look to see if anything or anyone followed and thankfully no one did.

I sigh with relief and exhaustion as I get more comfortable in my seat. Until I start smelling something strong.. very strong..
I sniff the air to try and figure out what it was till it hit me. Gas!
Not my gas... pfft..

Anyways it was the smell of gasoline. And it was severely strong.

Getting up to a clearing I drive over to the side of the road and get out. Looking down the side of the car I see a hole right through the gas cap of the car with gasoline running down the car. And I think to myself.. how the hell am I alive? If that's what Damian shot then why didn't I blow up? Squatting down I look at it more closely to see the hole actually wasn't through the car but more like the bullet scraped it. Running my finger along the jagged edges of where the bullet left it's trail my finger touches something warm. Trying to pry the object wasn't working so I stood up and looked in the car for some tool to help me out. And with luck I found me a screw driver.

"This outta work."

Going back to the side of the car I bend down and work the screwdriver and try to get the object out and after a few minutes it pops out onto the ground with a clink noise. Picking it up I stare at it and see it's the bullet a little mangled from the impact of the car and it's still warm from where it was only shot moments ago. Placing the bullet into my pocket I got back into the car and drove off.

I have no earthly idea where I am. And I'm running out of gas pretty fast.

"I'm gonna need to switch cars. Because if they come and try to find me then they will know what to look for.. not exactly sure who I'm saying this too because.. I'm by myself."  Sighing once more I drive down the road and hopefully further to civilization.

Jack's POV

Holy moly.. this isn't good.. this isn't good at all.

Running my fingers through my hair I stare at the now broken gates where Ivory rammed them. "Well she's more stupider than I thought." I hear nick chuckle behind me. "So are we gonna go find the brat or-"

"Shut it Nick." Damian speaks up with anger laced in his voice. "This little girl needs to be taught a lesson. And neither one of you idiots can do that since she's escaped from you stooges a few times."

"It's not our fault!"

"Oh really? Then who's fault is it Billy? Freaking James Bond? What did he do sneak in and help her escape? Oh he must have been in the back of that car! Well damn and I was gonna ask for his autograph." He speaks with sarcasm. Running his hand down his face he brings out his phone and dials some number. "Hey, yeah look I don't have time to talk I need you to do something for me okay?.. I need you to find a girl and bring her to me.. what's in it for you?" Damian starts to pace back and forth. "How about keeping your damn life.. now find the girl!" He spits out and ends the call.

"Look Damian take it easy-"

"Take it easy?.. take it easy?! Jack I don't think you seem to understand what is happening. If she gets to the police she could explain how she was kidnapped by you three and they could be all over this place." He sighs with frustration. "The last thing I need is freaking cops everywhere right now."

"Who did you call to find her?" I ask with a hint of worry. Afraid of who I think it might be.

"Why do you care?" He asks with suspicion.

"Because if it's who I think it is. Then why don't I just go find her."

"Because.. Jack.. I think you have developed quite a soft spot for our dear friend Ivory. And I feel like if I sent you to go get her then you would most likely return empty handed and make an excuse as to why you didn't return with her." His voice grows dark as he stares at me. "And as for who I sent to get her.. it's none of your business."

"Actually yeah it sort of is. So far out of any of us she trusts me a little bit more because I at least have showed her some sympathy Damian. And that means that I probably could have returned with her. And if it's who I think you sent then we have a problem! Because he won't hesitate to hurt her!" I shout towards him earning a distaste glare sent my way.

He stalks towards me with slow strides until we are face to face. I had to look up slightly since he's taller than me. "It doesn't matter if she gets hurt. Besides he will actually accomplish something that you three haven't yet. I don't care what he has to do to bring her here but by god he will. And since she.. trusts.. you Jack we can use that to our advantage-"

"You mean your advantage-"

"Don't interrupt me boy." He makes his way towards the door that leads inside and turns towards me. "You will not speak to her, or associate with her in any type of way do you understand?"

I look down before meeting his eyes again. "Yes sir.. I understand."

He smirks before opening the door and slamming it closed.

"Well that was just great wasn't it." I hear billy snicker behind me.

"Oh shut up! Don't you understand what's happening! He sent Tyson to fetch her. And he's more than likely going to return with her lifeless body!" I look in between him and Nick.

"So, we would be better off with her dead. Then we wouldn't have to worry about her escaping and the police all over our case." Nick chimes in.

Billy walks past us and towards the front of the garage to press a button to lower the garage door. "Exactly. No witnesses.. No problems." He shrugs with a grin. "I agree with Chief, Tyson might actually accomplish something."

With that both Nick and Billy leave the garage and into the manor.

I just stare for a moment with a blank mind.. in a daze. Ivory is a very difficult girl I'll admit that.. but.. there's something that she's hiding. I mean yeah she is probably hiding a lot of things because she doesn't even know me that much.

But behind her beautiful green eyes I can see something plain as day.. pain. I don't know where that pain is from but it's not ordinary pain.. it's dark.

_____

Woah! I update, hope you guys are proud.
I haven't had any inspiration to write at all. But hey I did it. Hopefully it won't take long to make another chapter of the book.
But I wonder what Ivory's "secret" is?
Hmmm.. what on earth could it be?

Like I said before if you read the first book I made before please do not do any spoilers.

Hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to hit that little star button and comment!👍🏼