Chapter 8

Chapter 8 ~ Awkward Talk

⚠️⚠️⚠️
Many of you have already read this chapter if you read the first book I made of this, and if so please do not spoil for new readers! If you do, your Comment will be deleted. Sorry but I don't deal with spoilers.
⚠️⚠️⚠️

Ivory's POV

I'm pretty sure I locked the door... didn't I?

No I'm pretty sure I did because I'm not about to strip naked and take a bath with my doors open or unlocked.

Hearing footsteps in the bedroom I stay still as possible and be careful not to slosh the water around. If I stayed quiet maybe they won't check the bathroom. But I lock that door too. And it's going to be very awkward if they walked in here because I don't have bubbles in the water, meaning they are going to see me. With that thought I pull my knees to my chest and wrap my arms around my legs.

"Ivory, I know you're in there." a masculine voice calls out. I liked the way my name rolled off whoever's tongue that was. When I say my name out loud it sounds weird.

The door handle to the bathroom door started to fiddle and the lock was starting to turn because of it. You have got to be kidding me! I think to myself. In moments that door will unlock and whoever that is will walk up in here. I try to step out of the tub, but unfortunately God decided he wanted me to get embarrassed today like I already wasn't and get seen.

The door unlocked and made a click noise. Meaning he had entrance.
"Well isn't this nice."

No it's awkward.

"Uh, no it's not! Get out!" I yell out and hug my legs closer to me in a attempt to cover my body.

"I came here to have a little chit-chat with you." He walked towards the counter sink and leaned against it, all the while a smirk was on his lips.

"So? Get out. We can have a 'chit-chat' when I'm not naked-"

"I rather have it while your naked, sweet heart. Besides you look beautiful wet." He smirked as his eyes never lingered from mine.

"I don't care, please get out!" I say again as I start to breath hard not liking the memories that are being replayed in my head.

He notices this and arches and eyebrow at me. "What's wrong with you?"

"I swear if you don't get out I'll make you!" I try to threaten him. But it was useless as he just smirked more.

"I would love to see you try kitten." He replies as he crosses his arms. And leans against the countertop near the sink.

"Damian, I'm being serious! Get out right now! If you want to talk we can talk later. But right now I'm doing something and I don't want you near me." I tell him as my head starts to get dizzy. Laying my head on my knees I look away from him as I can see black spots in my vision.

Oh no.. please no. Not now!

I start to pray, hoping that I don't pass out. Not right now, and especially not near him. I could feel tears building up in my eyes.

"Don't raise your voice at me, do you know who I am? ....Ivory, look at me when I speak to you!" He raises his voice making me close my eyes and try to block him out. My breathing picks up as a tear slowly falls down my cheek. I open my eyes trying not to pass out as more black spots appear.

"Oh my...Mr. Rowan. If you would leave the room I could help her." A new voice speaks. Oh no, not another person! Please why can't they all leave!

"You don't order me around." Damian says with full authority.

"Yes I know but you can either stand here all night and keep yelling at her and wasting your time or let me talk to her and you can talk to her later." I hear the feminine voice speak again.

After hearing a growl I can hear Damian leave the bathroom. I could feel my heart beat start to slow down after it almost beat out of my chest. Taking deep breaths I attempt to calm myself down until I felt a hand on my shoulder causing me to grab the hand and try to squeeze it as hard as I could until I heard a yelp. Opening my eyes I lock eyes with some familiar brown ones.

"Carla?" I look her up and down and widen my eyes. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! I was freaking out and-"

"I know, I could tell sweetie.. now be a dear and let go." She nervously smiled at me.

"Oh, yeah right." Letting go of her hand she rubs it from the pain then turns and grabs a towel handing it to me.

"Here step out of the tub and dry off, I'll be in the room if you need me." She gives me a gentle smile as she walks out and closes the door. Blinking my eyes a few times and wiping the tear away I step out of the slightly cold water and dry myself off.

Getting the button up shirt that Jack gave me, I slip it on and the same underwear I wore earlier today. Disgusting, but it's all I've got.

Laying the towel on the countertop I put my hair into a bun and walk out of the bathroom seeing Carla sat on the bed waiting for me. "You okay dear?" She asks as she pats part of the bed beside her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Don't worry about me." I sit down beside her and look down at the floor.

"Fine, tell me all you want but don't think I didn't see the tear on your cheek. Something is wrong and I want to help you, but I can't if you don't tell me." She pleads as she grabs my hand and holds it.

I just shake my head and look at her dead in the eyes. "Trust me Carla, it's best if I don't tell you."

______
Sorry guys I haven't updated, I've been caught up in school and not to mention me being in the National Beta Club and had to go on a trip. Let me tell you people were making me mad. 😤
I will update next Saturday!
I promise!

And I would like to say Thank You to all my loyal followers. I've been getting messages all the time from people saying to update my book and how much they love it. Thank You so much! 😊