Chapter 10

"I look like a fucking chicken nugget"

Yugyeom was sitting on Bambam's bed and didn't look up from the book he was reading but answered his distressed friend nonetheless.

"Even though you look like a burnt chicken nugget, you should still love yours-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as Bambam threw one of the various shirts that were lying across the floor in his face. The younger laughed loudly, causing Bambam to grumble.

The laughter quickly died down when Bambam stripped out of his shirt and threw it on the floor next to the others he hadn't approved of. Yugyeom gulped as he saw the other's bare back, till now he had avoided looking at it for exactly this reason and damn, did he miss out on something.

Jackson had asked Bambam to go clubbing with him and a few other friends and asked if he wanted to invite Yugyeom too, seeing how the two texted every day for the past weeks. Needless to say that Bambam immediately agreed.

Now he just had to find the perfect outfit for tonight. He saw a dark red button up shirt and threw it on along with some black, skinny jeans that hugged his legs perfectly. Bambam made sure to unbutton some (nearly all) of the buttons, revealing most of his stomach. Satisfied with his appearance he turned to Yugyeom to ask for his opinion.

"Does this work?"

Yugyeom looked at the not much older and his eyes nearly fell out at the sight of what he was wearing. Bambam wanted to go to a club dressed like this? A club where alcohol is? A club where you dance with drunk people and everyone could easily touch you? A club where people most likely will flirt with someone like Bambam?

No.

This definitely didn't work.

He jumped up to his feet and marched to Bambam. "What are you thinking? You'll get sick if your chest-" His eyes trailed down the other's stomach, seeing a faint outline of abs and he forgot for a second what he wanted to say, "If your chest is exposed like that" He gulped before he smiled up at Bambam, a teasing smirk on the other's face.

Yugyeom didn't comment on it and just kept buttoning his shirt up till there was nothing of his chest to be seen. He gave him a small pat when he was done and looked at him.

"That's better"

Bambam chuckled. "Is it?"

Yugyeom nodded and Bambam ruffled his hair, "I'll just quickly put on some makeup and then I'm ready to go"

The brown haired boy couldn't help but pout. He couldn't understand Bambam's obsession with makeup. He didn't see why he would need it. Yugyeom thought the other looked the prettiest without but he figured that Bambam felt insecure and that hurt Yugyeom.

It hurt to think that someone as beautiful as Bambam felt the need to hide behind makeup.

"You know that you are gorgeous either way, right?" Yugyeom asked just when Bambam was applying some eyeliner. The other's hand stilled in its movements and he faced Yugyeom, his cheeks slightly rosy.

"No," He replied truthfully and began to continue while Yugyeom watched him with sad eyes.

"Ready to go?" Bambam asked after another ten minutes and Yugyeom nodded, trying to cheer up as he saw his friend's smile. It didn't work quite well but at least he tried.

Bambam looked Yugyeom up and down, content with the fact that he wore the clothes they had bought together. Simple black jeans and a white shirt, nothing fancy but it still made Yugyeom look stunning without much effort.

"You look amazing," He mumbled loud enough for Yugyeom to hear and Bambam felt like he would have screamed that he looked beautiful when he had known that Yugyeom would smile at him so brightly.

"Same right back to you"

"Even though my shirt is all buttoned up?"

"Especially because of that, don't want to get you sick, right?"

Bambam just nodded with a knowing smirk.

When they arrived at the club they saw Jackson and his boyfriend standing in front of the entrance, waiting for them. The blond waved obnoxiously and Bambam mirrored his actions. Yugyeom chuckled at the two while Jinyoung tried to act as if he was embarrassed by their behavior but he himself couldn't fight the small smile.

"Hello my cute asparagus," Jackson said when he hugged Bambam. Yugyeom just stood there awkwardly and when Jackson turned to him he didn't know what to do. Should they shake hands?

His worries vanished when Jackson hugged him just as tightly as he did with Bambam. Yugyeom's eyes widened comically and Jinyoung snorted.

"Don't be so surprised, Bambam tells us so much about you it feels like we've know you for ages"

Jackson let go if Yugyeom and agreed with his boyfriend.

Bambam hit the older's shoulder, he was glad it was already dark outside so Yugyeom couldn't see his blushing cheeks. He didn't know that Yugyeom blushed just as much.

"Where's Youngjae?" Bambam asked as he couldn't see their other friend anywhere.

"Ditched us for a date," Jinyoung answered.

"Yes," Jackson said, "But he felt so bad for missing out on a night with us that he nearly canceled the date but we said it was fine and he should just enjoy his night"

"From the way he talked about the guy I'm sure he'll enjoy the night more than we expect," Jinyoung chuckled.

"Hey! That's nasty"

When the four got inside Jinyoung and Yugyeom decided to get them some drinks which meant that Bambam was now alone with Jackson.

"So," The blond started, "Did you two talk about the 'I like you' bomb you two dropped?"

Bambam just shook his head.

They hadn't but it didn't feel like they need to. Not right now at least.

When Bambam saw Yugyeom coming back with two drink and a large grin on his face that made his eyes sparkle he felt that familiar flutter in his stomach.

He felt it whenever he saw Yugyeom actually.

But what Bambam didn't know was that not talking about the 'I like you' statement was a big mistake the two had made. Maybe even the biggest.

But for now they just wanted to enjoy the night.

-

A/N:
I hope you're all doing amazing and I wish you a good start into the new week! Good luck with tests, school, work and life in general!

Love you ♥️