Coffeeshop Date ~ Dr. Pomatter x reader

A/N: I went to see Waitress in Boston this past weekend and my love for Jim Pomatter has been refueled. In my head, he's divorced but you can imagine him just single and ready to mingle. Up to you!

When you were a child, your mother taught you the importance of a good first impression.

"(Y/N)," she'd say "The best way to get onto someone's good side is with homemade hospitality,"

That's why you were sitting in the office of your gynecologist with a plate of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in your lap. You'd been going there for a couple of years but you had gotten word that your former gynecologist had retired. Today was your first appointment with the new guy. Thus explains the cookies.

"Miss (L/N), the doctor will see you now," Nurse Norma called into the waiting room.

After a few moments, your new doctor walked into the room.

"Hello, Miss (L/N)! I am Dr. Pomatter but you can call me Jim," He said as he walked around the room without looking up from his clipboard.

"Hello, Jim. You can call me (Y/N). I hope you don't mind. I made you a plate of cookies as a welcome present of sort!"

"That is very kind of you, (Y/N)! Could you put those on the desk and then hop onto the table and put you feet in the stirrups?" You mumbled your answer and followed his request.

Pap smears are very routine. There's nothing to be worried about. You knew that. You knew that he knew that. That being said, these things can be kind of awkward at first.

"Now, (Y/N), if you're uncomfortable at any point during this I want you to tell me, ok?"

"Sounds good to me, Jim," you confirmed with a polite smile.

A few days after your appointment you received a call from your gynecologist.

"Hello?" You answered

"(Y/N)! I'm glad you picked up! This is Dr. Jim Pomatter!" The doctor's cheerful voice burst through your phone.

"Is everything ok?" You asked, slightly panicking. How often is a phone call from your doctor a good thing?

"Oh, yes yes yes! Everything was fine with your test! You are as healthy as a horse!"

"Oh, thank god!" You let out a breath you didn't know you'd been holding.

"Yes, everything is alright. I just didn't know how else to reach you,"

"Pardon?"

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go out for coffee tomorrow before the office opens," You were taken aback. Your doctor was asking you out?

"That would be wonderful! Does 8:00 at Java the Hutt work for you?"

"Ok, it's a date! I'll see you then, (Y/N),"

"Bye, Jim," you smile as you say your final goodbye.

Conversation with Jim flowed easily. It was like talking to an old friend. You talked about everything from family to favorite books at a small corner table. To anyone else it would seem like you two were an old married couple. Everything about it was perfect. It felt like a tragedy when the two of you had to bid each other adieu.

"We should do this again soon," He started as you started walking away from the coffeeshop.

"I would love that," you smiled at the taller man. Before you could quite process what was happening, the two of you were kissing. Nothing too intense. Just a soft, goodbye kiss. You couldn't wait until you could have another.