Soulmate~Jim Pomatter x reader

The first words that your soulmate will say to you have haunted you all your life. They weren't particularly scary or anything, but they definitely weren't something you'd want to see on your newborn's wrist. "Hello, Ms.(L/N). Please place your feet into the stirrups and we'll begin". Yeah, on the first day of school during icebreakers, you never wanted to answer the question. That question being: What is your soulmate going to say to you? Everyone had these beautiful, romantic, and albeit, cliche messages written on their inside wrist. But not you.

You had recently moved from your small hometown into the big city. Something you hadn't considered when you were planning your move was the timing for your OB/GYN checkup. Though, you supposed that you might as well get it right out of the way. After all, you were going to have to go in eventually. That being said, you were always just a little uncomfortable when you were at the gyno. But, you were determined to be relaxed.

~~~~~~~~

Well, your new doctor was a man. This is a fact that you only realized when you got the reminder for your appointment with a Doctor Jim Pomatter. How you were going to survive this, you had no clue. But nevertheless, you persisted. You involuntarily bounced your leg up and down as you sat it the waiting room. The sound of the nurse calling your name sounded distant as you were caught up in your own thoughts.

You were silent as the nurse led you down the hall and you were silent as you watched the taller man who you presumed to be your doctor walk in and take a seat on a wheelie chair. Dr. Pomatter's voice pulled you out of your thoughts.

"Hello, Ms. (L/N). Please place your feet into the stirrups and we will begin!" At this, your eyes widened. Sure, this is a completely average appointment, but you are a new patient. Why wouldn't he so much as introduce himself? Instead of voicing your question, you simply nodded your head. You don't want your first words to your potential soulmate to be weird. So, you wait.

You're about halfway through the checkup. The entire time you were trying to think of something witty and/or interesting to say. But nothing seems quite right. Eventually, you can't hold back anymore. You have to say something.

'Ask him about the weather. Anything. C'mon, (Y/N)! Speak!' It's bubbling inside of you. Finally, you burst.

"Wow, you're really getting in there aren't you?" you regret it as soon as you said it. To make matters worse, Dr. Pomatter stops in his tracks and slowly raises his head to look into your eyes.

"Oh my gosh. That was so weird. And awkward. I am so sorry. Let's just forget this ev-" you're cut off by him pressing his lips to yours in a gentle, yet urgent kiss. As you pull away with wide eyes, Dr. Pomatter lifts his wrist so you can see his soulmate mark.

"'Wow, you're really getting in there aren't you?'" your jaw drops. Your soulmate... was your gyno.

You stood on your tip toes and placed a tentative kiss on his cheek. Every time one of you tried to pull away, the other would pull them back in. After a few minute of this back and forth, you pointed something out to your new-found soulmate.

"As exciting as this is, maybe we should finish this up first?" you both chuckled.

"As long as we can go out for dinner and a movie later, I'm fine with that." he smiled. Turns out, there was no reason to be nervous after all.

A/N I finally finished! Hope y'all enjoy!