Prom Date Part 2~ Gabe Goodman x reader

Tonight was the night everyone had been waiting for since Freshman year. It was the night of your senior prom, and you were going with frenemy-from-childhood-turned-boyfriend, Gabe Goodman. Of course, you were nervous. After all, you weren't exactly the most popular kid in school, whereas Gabe definitely was.
   You sat in front of your vanity, staring at your made up reflection. You hardly recognized yourself. The ladies that did your hair and makeup were sorcerers. For once in your life, you didn't feel plain. Hell, you'd even call yourself pretty. But your favorite thing about the look for the night was your dress. It was low cut, floor-length, tastefully sparkly, and, of course, purple. You glanced down at your phone to check to see if Gabe had texted you. As you read his text telling you he was on his way, the doorbell rang.
   Taking a deep breath, you descended your stairs to see Gabe in a perfectly fitted tuxedo. Standing behind him were his mother, father, and a reluctant Natalie. You almost giggled at the sight knowing that Diana had dragged the other two along. The world slowed down as you and Gabe made eye contact. A small smirk crossed his lips which you couldn't help but return. The world sped back up as you reached your boyfriend.
   "Hi," Gabe smiled
   "Hi," You try to ignore the sound of camera shutters from the two moms. And then your mother dragged the two of you outside for more pictures. After humoring the parents with the cheesy, cliche prom photos, the two of you are on your way.
   As you and Gabe walk through the doors of your school, he stops walking and turns to you.
   "You look absolutely stunning, (Y/N)" he stared at you with pure adoration in his eyes.
   "You don't look too bad yourself, Goodman" You blushed. Grabbing a hold of his hand, you pull him into the gym as you both begin to laugh.
   The night is only just beginning and you are having the time of your life. People who had never given you the time of day before were giving you the sweetest compliments. Cheerleaders were pulling you on to the dancefloor with them.
   As "That's My Girl" by Fifth Harmony ends, the principal takes the stage to announce Prom King and Queen. You already knew that Gabe was going to win and you squeezed his hand in excitement. And that is what finally came to pass. You assumed that Regina Chandler was going to win Prom Queen, and you figured that was what everyone else was thinking as well. But, as you watch your boyfriend have that cheesy crown placed on his head, it isn't Regina's name that is announced , it's yours. You freeze in place as the gym erupts into applause. You feel people pushing you forward. All you're hoping is that this isn't going to be a "Carrie" moment. But as you get on the stage and look into Gabe's eyes, you know that you have nothing to worry about.
   The traditional slow dance begins and as you gaze into your boyfriend's eyes you know that there is no one else for you.
   "You have ruined me, Gabriel Goodman," you whispered against his lips.
   "Right back at ya, love," he responded before placing a soft kiss onto your lips. But this is Prom Night, so you pull him back in for a much deeper kiss. This is the part in the movie where the camera pans out to a view of the whole gym. That's how the two of you feel. Like you're in a movie.