A Heart ~ Enjolras x reader

Everyone who frequented the area around the Musain was familiar with the leader in red. To the Les Amis, Enjolras seemed stone cold. Stoic. But little did his comrades know, there was one person who could make him go soft.
   Two years prior to the start of their rebellion, Enjolras's parents were praying for the day that their son would marry. It reached the point where they didn't care if he were to marry someone of nobility. They were just tired of being the only couple in their circle whose child was unmarried. And so, they took him to meet people the common way.
   They knew that their son wasn't very skilled in the people skills region, but they still had hope.
   "If he doesn't lose that scowl on his face, he's never going to find a woman," Enjolras's mother grumbled.
   "Don't worry, Maria, someone is bound to be attracted to him. We raised a very charming, young man!" Raoul whispered back to his wife.
   "Perhaps it would help if we stopped tailing him like lap dogs," Maria said hopefully.
   The man in red got many strange looks from the patrons of the market. He was as imposing as he was handsome. Out of all the people in the small area, there was only one person who didn't shy away from him. A young woman with (Y/H) was yelling at a baker when he saw her. There was a fury in her eyes that he recognized. It was when the baker backhanded the woman, knocking her to the ground, that Enjolras knew he had to intervene. He easily made his way through the crowd.
   "Excuse me! What makes you think that you have any right to hit this lady?" Enjolras questioned angrily. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw the feisty woman rise from her knees.
   "This bitch thought she had the right to leave the shop early. Why? Because she was feeling sick!" The baker laughed nastily. Enjolras tolerated very little. One of which being the mistreatment of the less fortunate. So Enjolras did what he felt was right. He raised his fist to slam across that sexist pig's face, but the smaller woman whom he had been defending beat him to it. The baker groaned in pain as the young lady grabbed Enjolras's hand and ran.
   They ran at least two blocks before she veered into an alleyway, dragging her new friend with her. The woman was laughing hysterically. The sound of her laughter screamed out through the otherwise empty alley. It elicited a feeling unfamiliar to the young man.
   "Can I get a name from you, ma'am?" Enjolras questioned this beautiful stranger.
   "(Y/N) (L/N), and you are?" she raised an eyebrow at her companion.
   "Enjolras. May I ask you why you are laughing so hysterically?"
   "Well, Enjolras, the look on his face when he fell to the ground is quite possibly the funniest thing that I have ever seen!" Enjolras couldn't help but crack a smile as (Y/N) continued laughing.
   "(Y/N), I must say that you are the most beautiful woman that I have ever seen,"
   "And you are quite possibly the most handsome man whom I have ever seen,"
   Within the next to months, they were married. Nobody at the Musain were aware that Enjolras was married. Some had their suspicions that their leader was devoted to someone other than "Patria", but no one was sure. Not until the day of their most violent rally.
   It had been going off without a hitch. Enjolras saw his wife in the front row as per usual. The words were flowing easier today than normal. Marius wasn't shaking. Gavroche was bringing in more people. Combeferre and Joly's rosettes were being accepted by double the number of people. Enjolras was feeling invincible. Until he heard the first gunshot. People started fleeing in every direction. But not (Y/N) she stayed and helped people get away from the officers. When she was approached by an officer, Enjolras saw the image of the woman he first fell in love with. Fire blazing in her eyes, she stood her ground. He watched with pride in his eyes. That pride soon turned to horror as a knife was thrust into (Y/N)'s stomach. Enjolras struggled through the crowd and caught his love in his arms.
   "You should see the other guy," (Y/N) laughed
   "Don't speak, love. We'll get you fixed up in no time," Enjolras assured her as he began running her towards the Musain so Joly could fix her up.
   He heard his friends before he saw them. He burst through the doors and the people froze.
   "My God, Enjolras! You're covered in blood!" Grantaire exclaimed.
   "It's not mine," he grunted as he laid his wife down on a table. Joly rushed over and went to work as Enjolras watched on with fierce concern.
   (Y/N) woke up the next day and was instantly bombarded with questions of concern from her husband.
    "Enjy, I am fine. Your friend fixed me up very well!" she laughed.
   "But-" he began
   "No buts! I am fine, you are fine, that's all that matters." she planted a kiss on Enjolras's lips as the Les Amis watched on in wonder and curiosity. Grantaire was the first to speak.
   "Enjolras has a heart?" he laughed out, earning a glare from Enjolras. (Y/N) started laughing even harder.
   "I was as surprised as you!" she laughed out. Soon everyone was laughing, including their stoic leader. As long as (Y/N) was happy, he was happy.