Detention~Gabe Goodman x reader

Gabriel Goodman. One of, if not the most popular guy in school, and... your lab partner. You didn't want this. You just wanted to get through you AP Bio class. But apparently this was too much to ask for. Because Gabe was as stupid as he was dumb. How in hell he and his buddies got into any AP class at all was mind-boggling.
   For the fifth time in this period, Gabe interrupted your train of thoughts to talk to James Duke and his girlfriend, Brenda Jensen. You tried to ignore them and just power through your work, but as you read the final question in the packet, dread filled you. The question called for you and your lab partner measuring each other's height in centimeters. You glanced at the clock. There were only twelve minutes left in class, and knowing Gabe, it would take all of that time to get this done. And so, with fear in your heart and shaking hands, you tapped on the boy's shoulder. He glances back at you with his signature smile. James and Brenda just glare. Gabe opens his mouth, seemingly to say something, but James cuts him off.
   "What do you need?" he asks quite rudely. The three of them look at you with a mix of questioning, accusatory, and almost offended looks. Mustering your courage, you begin to speak.
   "Well, I just need to borrow Gabe for a minute for this last probl-" at that moment, your teacher, Mr. Garcia, yells out.
   "(L/N), Goodman, Duke, and Jensen! If you guys want to chat so much, then you'll just have to do it in detention!" you can't believe it! You had never gotten detention in your life! And if there was one thing you couldn't handle, it was getting in trouble. Brenda and Jensen go back to their work. Gabe picks up a meter stick and you both silently stand up. The entire time you're holding back angry, hot tears.
   The bell rings and you begin to walk to your next class when you feel someone grab your forearm tightly.
   "This is all your fault, skank!" someone whispers harshly in your ear. You whip around to see Brenda.
   "Excuse me?" how in any way was the detention your fault? You just wanted to get your work done for God's sake! You look over the blonde's shoulder to see James glaring at you and Gabe looking down at the floor. Part of you hoped that he would stand up for you, but no such luck. The tears you had been holding back threatened to spill over, so you simply walked away.
   After crying in the bathroom and in the middle of your Calculus class, you got through the day and went towards Mr. Garcia's room for detention.
When you arrived, you noticed that none of your "accomplices" were there. On the whiteboard, your instructions were clear. You were to do nothing but sit in your seat and twiddle your thumbs. So that's exactly what you did.
   About ten minutes after detention began, none other than Gabriel Goodman burst through the door spouting apologies. And much to your dismay, he sat next to you. Granted, the other kids in the room were mostly stoners, but it still surprised you.
   He was breathing heavily and started to lean over to whisper in your ear. It's almost as if he had forgotten that this was pretty much his fault. When he realised you were just going to ignore him, he joined you in the twiddling of thumbs. When you glanced over at him, his had a slight frown on his face.
   After what feels like an eternity, Garcia finally dismisses the group. As you're about to leave, Garcia calls you over to his desk. He gives you the whole spiel about 'being better than this' and 'making the right choices'. Of course, this sent you into yet another fit of tears once you entered the hallway. The tears blurred your vision so much that you didn't even notice Gabe seemingly waiting for you.
   You just wanted to get home. Today had been the worst you'd had in a long, long time. As you speed-walked while brushing the tears out of your eyes, Gabe ran up in front of you.
   "Hey, whoa, what's wrong?" concern filled Gabe's piercing blue eyes. Usually you'd at least be pleasant, but today had done a number on you. And you were having none of Gabe's sympathy.
   "Nothing, now can you please move?" you tried to push past him , but the taller boy blocked you.
   "(Y/N), I've known you since Kindergarten and you pretty much always have a smile on your face, but you're actually crying now! So..."
   "I don't want your sympathy, Gabe. You're the reason I had detention! If you could've just waited until we were finished with the work, we wouldn't be in this mess!" you yelled. Gabe was clearly taken aback.
   "I know, and I really am sorry. I wasn't thinking and those guys just bring out the worst in me," you scoff. "But I know that that isn't an excuse." he continues.
   "You don't even try to work!" you felt like you were losing your mind!
   "It's not like I'd be any help! Hell, the only reason I'm in this class is for college credits!"
   "That doesn't mean you can't help!"
   "Dammit, (Y/N)! How am I supposed to focus when you're sitting there! With your pencil in your mouth and your glasses sliding down your nose?"
   "What does that even mean?" but Gabe didn't give you a verbal response. Instead, he just grabbed your face and pulled your face to his.
   "For someone so smart, you really are oblivious," he whispers before kissing you softly.
   Electricity. That's what you feel. I mean, every girl in your grade (and in the school) who liked boys was at least somewhat attracted to Gabe. And you'd be lying if you said you were an exception. After he pulls away, he begins apologizing, but you stop him in the only way you can think of. By kissing him right back.