Chapter fifteen

CONNOR POV

Connor was sitting up in a hospital bed anxiously awaiting Evan. He'd been told that he left the hospital shortly after being informed that Connor was ready for visitors. He twisted the hospital blankets with his good hand. The other was wrapped up in a dumbass cast. Now he knew why Evan was always scratching around it. The goddamn thing was itchy as hell.

Then there was a knock at the door and in came Evan, red in the face. Alana was behind him.

"Hey Connor!" She called cheerfully, waving.

"She's in the next room." Connor said, gesturing left. Alana flashed a smile and disappeared. Evan looked up and held out a vase full of flowers which he instantly recognized. "Marigolds." He said softly.

"Um y-yeah I r-remember you brought me s-some and it m-made me happy so..." Evan put the vase on the side table.

"Thanks Ev."

Awkward silence

"So about my dad..." Connor started. He looked down, eyes beginning to blur. He wiped his nose with the back of his hand and sniffed. He felt Evan's hand on his good arm and looked into his boyfriends encouraging smile, and broke down. Evan wrapped his arms around Connor gently, supporting him and just letting him cry.

"I-it's okay baby. You're s-safe." He mumbled into Connor's hair. Connor felt his ribs ache as he was racked with sobs but he couldn't stop. And Evan just kept holding him and rubbing his back and whispering uplifting things to him. He finally pulled back, wheezing.

"Hey Evan?" He asked, looking into Evan's also bloodshot eyes.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

TIME SKIP BROUGHT TO YOU BY MIKE FAISTS ANGEL WINGS AND HALO

CONNOR POV

Things were finally going okay. Since Connor was technically eighteen years old, he was able to move out of his parents house and live in a small rented house with Zoe, who he had taken with him because his parents lost custody of her, thank god. However, he'd never seen the house before. Zoe had picked it out and their combined allowance went towards it. Luckily, the Murphy parents were legally obligated to pay for their hospital bills so they didn't have to worry about that. He had a cast, and would constantly put up with Evan's "oh how the tables have turned" speeches as the other boy had his cast recently removed. His phone rang and he grinned, picking up.

"Hey baby." He said

"Hi Con!" Evan's adorable voice squealed back. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing really well. All the surgeries went fine and I'm being discharged from the hospital today. Finally. I need some crack."

"C-cRaCk???" Evan said worriedly, making Connor laugh.

"I'm teasing. I just want to smoke some pot." Evan sighed in relief.

"S-so you'll be at sch-school t-tomorrow?"

"Yeah baby I'll be there. You visiting today? I don't think this room can hold anymore marigolds." He laughed looking around at the bright room.

"S-sorry" Evan replied in a way that broke Connor's heart.

"No! No it's not a problem, my love, I'm just teasing you."

"H-hey I um..I wanted t-to ask you s-something..." Connor immediately felt anxiety shoot through his whole body.

"Okay." Was all he could manage. The nurse knocked at his door. "Ev, I've gotta go. I love you." Evan giggled and hung up, making Connor grin sheepishly. "Come in!" He called. The woman walked in with a clipboard and smiled at him.

"Well, Mr. Murphy, you're free to go. Your sister is here to help you pack." Zoe bounded in, a faded bruise covering half her face and stitches on her arms. Connor smiled at his sister as something twisted inside of him looking at her wounds.

"Okay asshole, let's get going!" She chirped. She'd been discharged a few days earlier because her injuries were less severe.

"Nice to see you too, sis." Connor responded, rolling his eyes. He pushed himself out of the bed and began collecting his things with his good hand.

When they'd finally gotten everything out of the hospital and cramped themselves in the car, Connor prepared himself to see his new home for the first time. Zoe pulled into a dirt road and parked in front of a small one story house made of what looked like brick. They unloaded his things and he gave himself time to look around.

Everything was absolutely perfect. He laughed to himself, fighting back tears. He was finally free.

"Hey Connor! Your room is the farthest down the hall over there!" Zoe called, a smirk in her voice. Curiosity got the best of him and he made his way to the door, opening it. Paper hearts and petals flew at him unexpectedly.

"S-surprise!" Evan yelled excitedly. He grinned and pulled the tall boy into a hug. Connor pulled away and looked into Evan's eyes. He tilted his head down and kissed him deeply. When they broke for air, Evan spoke quickly.

"Heysoifit'sokwithyouikindawannabepublicyouknowimproudtobeseenwithyouwouldthatbeokwithyouimean..?"

Connor smiled, already sure of the answer.

"I would like that." he said. Evan squealed and clapped his hands, before pulling his face towards Connor's and connecting their lips again.