Chapter forty-two

OK FIRST OF ALL. You guys are the absolute sweetest. Like I've said before, I always read every single comment and I love that people actually read this garbage fanfic that I decided to write. I love you all so very much. -zz💙

CONNOR POV

Connor watched the stage, searching for his daughter amid the flurry of tutus. He suddenly had an idea. Flowers were being sold to the ballerinas at the front of the studio, and he intended and getting some for his ballerina. He leaned over and whispered to Evan.

"I'm going to grab some flowers for Mari..." Connor told him softly, pressing a kiss to his cheek, who smiled.

"You missed..." Evan whispered back, kissing his lips gently, sending sparks through Connors body.

Grinning like an idiot, Connor stood up and walked to the front of the studio, out of the theatre. He ordered the flowers and was just about to go back to the dark theatre when he heard a voice.

"Connor Murphy..." came Thomas's obnoxious and arrogant voice, causing Connors hand to tighten around the flowers.

"It's Hansen." He said, not turning to face him.

"What was that, druggie?"

"I said. My name. Is Hansen. Connor Hansen." Connor answered, deliberately pausing between words.

"I thought you were the man in the relationship?" Thomas asked icily, stepping towards him. Connor whirled around.

"God, are you really as stupid as you look?" Connor snapped. "Last I checked, my husband and I were both men." He turned to walk back into the theatre, muttering to himself. "God, what a fucking moron..." Then he felt a hand grab the back of his collar.

"Are we gonna have a problem?" Thomas asked angrily, clenching the back of Connor's shirt.

"Not if you let go of me..." Connor replied in a dangerously calm voice. Thomas yanked him back, and Connor's first thought was to protect his daughter's flowers.

"Watch it!" Connor snarled, making sure they didn't get damaged.

"Still choosing the wrong priorities, aren't you Murphy?" Thomas asked, sneering at the flowers.

"I told you it's Hansen." Connor said aggressively, tearing himself from Thomas's grasp. Being married to Evan was the only thing that made him happy. Waking up to his face, watching him interact with their daughter...everything Evan did made his heart flutter. And someone as disgusting as Thomas disrespecting that all but pushed Connor over the edge.

"You're still the same gay ass from high school. Some things never change." Thomas replied. Connor couldn't help but snort.

"Says the guy in the magenta suit. That's the gayest thing I've ever seen and I'm married to a man." Connor said, smirking slightly. Thomas turned bright red, to Connor's satisfaction. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a husband and a daughter to see." He started back towards the door.

"Watch your back, Murphy..." came Thomas's cold voice.

"Hansen!" Connor immediately corrected, flipping him off. By the time he got in the theatre, the lights were up. Oh well...at least I saw both of Marigold's numbers. Connor thought, making his way though the crowd to Evan.

"Connie!" Evan squealed, waving him over. All anger and stress melted away instantly as he waved back, smiling. "What took you so long?" Evan asked, concerned.

"Nothing to worry about." Connor answered, kissing the top of Evan's head and ignoring the disgusted looks from other couples. As the ballerinas came down after their bows, Evan and Connor happily embraced their little girl.

"You were amazing up there!" Evan exclaimed, picking her up and spinning her around. Marigold giggled.

"Dad! You're embarrassing me!" She said, laughing.

"Impossible!" Evan replied, pretending to be offended. "I'm a cool dad!"

"The coolest!" Agreed Connor, putting an arm around Evan and kissing his cheek. "And these are for you!" He produced the flowers from behind his back to Marigold, who's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

"For me?" She asked, touched.

"Of course!" Said Connor. "And we can visit Gramma Heidi tomorrow so you can tell her all about your recital!"

"I love Gramma Heidi!" Marigold squealed.

"So do I." Evan and Connor said at the same time. They each took one of Marigold's hands and walked her out to the car, not realizing they were being followed.