Chapter thirty-one

EVAN POV

Evan was watching TV with Connor while they waited for the girls. A knock sounded at the door and Connor looked over at him. "Not it!" Evan said quickly.

"Not - dammit." Connor said, standing up and opening the door. Zoe burst through with Jared behind her. "Hey you're grounded!" Connor reminded Zoe.

"Good thing my windows open." She grinned. Jared awkwardly stood outside the door. Zoe beckoned him inside. "Come in, Jared."

"Hey guys..." he said uncomfortably. "Zoe invited me. Is that ok?"

"The more the merrier, right?" Evan spoke up, jumping off the couch and giving Jared a hug. "Where's Alana?"

"She's coming. She invited someone too." Zoe answered.

Who could she have invited? Evan thought. We don't have any other friends...at least I don't... He was shaken from his thoughts by another knock. Alana and a girl Evan didn't recognize entered. She was wearing yellow.

"This is everyone." Alana said to the girl. "Everyone, this is Heather." The girl waved shyly at everyone.

"Hi I'm Heather McNamara. Nice to meet you all." She said quietly. Zoe sat on the couch next to Evan.

"Jared's has had a crush on her for forever so Alana and I thought this would be a good place to set them up." She whispered. Evan grinned and looked over at Jared who was slowly turning red.

"H-hey Heather." Jared said nervously. Who's the stutterer now? Evan thought, smiling.

"Oh! Jared! I didn't know you were gonna be here." Heather said cheerfully.

"Alright! Let's get started shall we?" Alana clapped her hands together. Connor sat on the other side of Evan, putting a strong arm around his shoulders. Evan melted into his side. Connor pulled him closer and kissed the top of his head. "Zoe please get the alcohol." Alana beamed at her girlfriend, who ran out to her car and came back with some vodka.

"How the fuck did you get that?" Connor asked in awe.

"I have my ways!" Zoe responded.

"She flirted with the cashier." Jared said, making a face. Zoe looked at Alana pleadingly.

"Sorry babe I had to." She said apologetically, standing and wrapping her arms around Alana's waist. Alana just laughed.

"It's okay, Zo." She said, kissing her. "It's funny because you're a lesbian." Jared rolled his eyes at them. Evan, on the other hand, leaned into Connor and smiled at them. He thought the whole thing was sweet.

"So alcohol?" Heather interrupted, obviously also uncomfortable with the PDA.

"Yes. Alcohol." Jared quickly cut in, grabbing the bottles. Evan looked up at Connor, who grinned.

"I'll provide the weed." Connor said, pulling Evan by the hand into their room.

"How much weed do you have in here?" Evan asked as Connor dug out a duffel bag.

"Some." He replied vaguely, flashing that half smile that Evan loved more than anything in the world. Connor pulled out a bunch of blunts. "Let's go." Connor continued.

As they walked back into the kitchen, Zoe was setting up a bottle on the ground. "Spin the bottle, bitches." She said, waving them over. They sat in the circle across from each other. Zoe went first, and spun the bottle, which pointed to Evan. Connor immediately spun it as well, getting Alana. They all looked at each other, shrugged, and Connor leaned over the bottle. A stab of jealousy hit Evan until he realized Connor was leaning towards him and Alana and Zoe were already kissing. Evan felt Connor's familiar lips on his and smiled into the kiss.

"Okay okay y'all get a room." Jared said, pretending to throw up. Evan reluctantly broke away from Connor and glanced at Jared and Heather, who was actually laughing at Jared's antics. Maybe they would work out. Jared deserved to be happy and this Heather girl seemed nice enough.

"Okay your turn, Heather!" Zoe said kindly, passing her the bottle. "Go on! Don't be shy." She said, taking a shot of vodka. Heather blushed and spun the bottle suspiciously slowly so that it turned towards Jared.

"Oooooooh...." Connor said, looking adorably excited. Evan smiled at his boyfriend lovingly, feeling like the luckiest boy in the world. He reached over and squeezed Connor's hand.

Jared leaned in and kissed Heather. It soon became a full on make out session, so the others stood up and let them have their space.

The four piled on the couch and turned on the television, covered in blankets. Connor began passing out blunts to everyone.

"Anybody have a lighter?" Evan asked, prompting Alana to pass him one. Everyone lit their blunts and started taking hits. Zoe smiled and turned on an episode of The Office. They all huddled together, happy and together.

"Well shit..." Connor said, turning up the volume so they wouldn't have to hear Heather and Jared...getting busy....

"This has been such a fun night." Evan said, snuggling back into Connor's lap. "Simple and short and...look you g-got those two together." He gestured towards the other couple.

"Mission accomplished." Alana said, giving Zoe a high five.