Chapter thirty-four

NO ONE'S POV

Evan looked around at everything. It was all absolutely perfect. Beside him, Heidi Hansen stood, teary-eyed, ready to walk him down the aisle.

The wedding was held at the orchard where the two had spent their first night together. Everything was green and beautiful, white wooden seats on each side of the gold trimmed aisles.  The weather was beautiful and sunny and clear and just...perfect. Connor stood at the other end of the aisle, looking at his amazing, soon to be husband.

Evan was dressed in a powder blue suit, holding a bouquet of marigolds. Bunches of the flowers were tied to the lining down the aisle. Connor was in a black suit over a black shirt. His hair was tied back into a ponytail, and he was wearing the biggest smile the guests had ever seen.

As the wedding march played, Evan walked closer and closer to his eternal happiness. Tears glistened in his eyes as he approached Connor. Heidi gave Evan a quick hug before returning to her seat.

The minister was saying things, but Evan and Connor were in their own little world. Lost in each other's eyes. When it came time for the vows, Connor went first.

"Evan Hansen..." he began, but immediately started crying. "Sorry," Connor sniffed, pulling a folded piece of paper out of his pocket. "Evan Hansen, you are an amazing person. You're kind, sweet, genuine, funny...I could go on and on. Everything about you is so wonderful. I don't know how I lived without you. When I first saw you, I thought you were the most beautiful creature I'd ever seen. And I was right. You are beautiful inside and out, and I love you so much. I am so excited to spend the rest of my life with you. Thank you for being my world, my everything, my prince." Connor finished, smiling through happy tears at Evan.

"Connor Murphy. Soon to be Connor Hansen." Evan started, brushing some tears out of Connors face with his thumb gently. "I've had a crush on you since the day I saw you. You saved me. You are an angel. My angel. I'm so in love with you. There's nothing I won't do for you. I'll come through for you every time. Just in time. I would do anything for you. I love the way your hair falls in your face. I love the way your nose crinkles when you laugh or smile. I love the way you make me feel safe. This wedding is just a small repayment of the huge debt I owe to you for just being in my life. Thank you for letting me be yours. I love you."

"You may now kiss the groom." The minister said. Evan turned towards Connor and bit his lip. Connor pulled Evan towards him and pressed his lips against his husband's.  When they finally broke apart, Evan pressed his forehead against Connors.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." Connor responded softly.

The world stopped. Time stopped. It was only the two of them, together. Nothing could touch them. Everything was perfect.

The couple separated and stood hand in hand as their friends and family cheered. As people lined up to congratulate them and say hello, the two were hardly able to pay attention to them. Until Cynthia Murphy approached.

"Mom?" Connor asked, hardly able to believe it. Evan stood slightly in front of him, ready to protect him if necessary.

"Hey, Con." Cynthia said softly. "I...I left your father." She said carefully, looking up at her son.

"You left him?" Connor questioned carefully.

"I am so...so sorry." She said, breaking down. "And I don't expect you to forgive me but I'm so happy for you and I love you and..." Cynthia was cut off by Connor engulfing her in a hug.

"I love you mom. I forgive you." Connor said, holding his mother tightly. Evan watched the whole thing unfold and couldn't help but smile. Connor turned and looked at his husband. "Mom, this is my husband, Evan Hansen." He said proudly.

"My son chose well." She said tearfully, taking one of Evan's hands in both of hers. "Take care of him, okay?"

"I promise I will. He's a keeper." Evan answered, shooting a smile at Connor, who blushed and grinned back. As Cynthia left, Connor leaned over and kissed Evan's temple. "What was that for?" He asked.

"For being amazing. For being just you. I love you." Connor stated, shrugging. "I'm so glad that we're finally married."

"Me, too." Evan said, smiling. "By the way, you missed."

"Huh?" Connor asked, confused.

Evan stood on his toes and kissed Connor on the mouth. He'd never felt happier.