Start of an new beginning (Part 2)

As Avni and Neil went down to get blessings from Neil parents', Avni gave Neil a dirty look,  Neil just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.    He then grabbed Avni's hand again and went towards Neela Ma and Nanno, to get their blessings.

"Avni beta, I still am saying if you don't want to go with the Khanna family, your family is with you.  You don't have to go if you don't want to" stated Ashish Mehta

"Listen, Mr. Mehta,  I don't want anything to do with you.  I was better off without you as a child, and as a child, I admit that i was thirsty for the crumbs of affection that you threw at my mother and myself.  But no longer.  I am better off without you in my life.    Mr. Khanna is a better father.   He may be Neil's father,  but he has never treated me without respect.   He fights for his son, his wife and family.   He is a better man, husband and father.  You are lacking Mr. Mehta.    I will never accept you as my father.  You had disowned me at the age of eleven.  I will never be your daughter.  I am Ayesha Haider and Neela Pariek's daughter.    I have no father."

"Wrong, beta.  You have one father.  You are Prakash Khanna's daughter.     You are Ayesha Haider, Neela Pariek and Shweta Khanna's daughter. "  said Prakash Khanna.

"What?" questioned Avni.  "You would claim me as a daughter knowing I am illegitimate."

"Never, ever say that word again!" yelled Shweta.

"You are not illegitimate!   You are a love child.  And a love child is a beloved child.  A most wanted child"  said Neil.

"Bachca, Neil is right.   You are my most wanted child.  I have you in my life and I have no desire for any thing else."  said Neela

Ok, enough of this depressing talk.  We must get this bidaii on the schedule.  Let's get this show on the road."  stated Shweta.

Neil grabbed Avni's hand.  As they slowly made their way towards the car, Avni glanced at Neil and his family with a puzzled look.    She went to hug Neela Ma and whispered in her ears,  "Ma, there is something wrong with Neil and his family.   They are accepting this like they wanted this to happen.  What is going on with them?" 

"Avni, just go with it.  Accept it.  Open your heart to the possibilites.  A new family.  Love.  Security.  And protection.    Love is something to be cherished not hated.   You have a new family in addition to our family.  You have another mother, father, grandmother and above all, you have a husband.   You haven't lost us, but you have gain more members for our family.   Now go, your family is waiting for you.    They must have some traditions and dreams for their children.  I will see you tomorrow.   Ali will pick you up.  Remember you haven't lost your brother.  You didn't realize that he was in front of your eyes all this time.  Ali has been your brother since the day one.  He has protected you and now you have another protector in the form of your husband" stated Neela Ma.

Avni hugged Ali, Nanno, and Hetal Chachi.   "Thank you Beta" whispered Hetal.

Avni ignored Amol and Ashish Mehta.  The rest of the Mehta family was already taken to the station.     Neil asked Avni as she walked up to him, "Ready to go home?"

Avni started to blush as Neil referred to going home.  "Yes.  I am ready now."  

Prakash and Shweta were taken home by DD.   Neil had decided that he would drive Avni and himself home.  It would give them a chance to talk.     Neil had been driving for a few minutes, when he looked over at Avni.  Avni had a serene, thoughtful look on her face.   Neil pulled over to the side.  Avni looked towards Neil questionly.  "Neil?"

"Avni, look before we go home and have to deal with the functions at home, I would like to clear the air abit.  I know that this is hard for you.  Everything is changing.    But remember this, I am always with you.  I will always be with you.  I know it will be tough but when you can fight with Dayawanti Mehta and win, this will be child's play.    I know you don't believe in love, but you can believe in me.  I will never let you down.  You can trust me.  I will fight for you.  I know you think that running away was your best option, it isn't.  I am.  I will protect you with all that I have.    I know we had a rough start, but we have a connection.    All you have to do is take a chance.  Take a chance on me.    I know you will have a hard time believing in us, our family but take a leap of faith."  said Neil.

"Fine.  I will try my best"  said Avni

"That is all I want" stated Neil.

Avni smiled at Neil and said,"Now can we go home.  Auntie and Uncle are probably waiting for us."

"Mum and Papa"  stated Neil

"What?" asked Avni

"Mum and Papa.  If your family is mine, mine is yours.  So its our parents now.  Mum, Papa, Nanno, Neela Ma and Ayesha Ma."  stated Neil.

Avni smiled, with tears in her eyes "Thank you Neil.  For giving me a family, a family that I dreamed of since I was a child."

Avni and Neil reached the Khanna House, where Shweta was ready to start the rest of the functions, that were attached to the wedding.   After awhile, Avni was taken to Neil's room.

"Oh shit.  What am I going to do now?" said Avni as she walked back and forth in front of the bed, the same bed that was decorated for a wedding night.  What she didn't realize was that Neil had been watching her for the past 5 minutes.

"Well, wifey.  You are here finally." said Neil

"Listen, Neil.  I'm not...what I mean is...we can't....I mean is...." stammered Avni with a red face.

"Listen Avni.  I know.  I would never do anything to make you uncomfortable.  I know you weren't expecting to be married tonight.   I know Riya ran away from the Mandap.     I would prefer if we got to know each other.   We have been sparring partners, tentative friends and now we are husband and wife.   Let's take it slow.   We still have to deal with Dayawanti Mehta and the rest of the family.  Let's take day by day."

"Ok.  And Thank you" said Avni

"Let's go to bed.  Tomorrow is a new day.  And it will be a  busy day for you." stated Neil.

Avni looked at the bed and then towards Neil.

"Listen, Avni, we can share the bed.  We may not have a husband wife relationship now, but that doesn't mean we will never share a husband wife relationship.  You are my wifey.  And I refuse to let you go." stated Neil.

"What!" asked Avni

"Go change.  We will deal with everything later.  You can pondered on my words later." stated Neil.

A few moments later, both Avni and Neil had changed into their nightwear and went to bed.

"Good night" said Neil

"Good night" whispered Avni.