Drowning

Avni had just brought Maddy Bhua and Kareena home, things were getting back to normal. The Khanna household was finally becoming a home. Avni and Neil had explained to everyone that Ananya's real name was Avni Ayesha. That she was Ashish Mehta's daughter. Her grandmother, Dayawanti, had killed her parents. Neil had taken Shweta to the side, and asked her to accept Avni. He had explained that Avni hates the notion of Love, but there is something going on between them. Neil had explained that he was in love with Avni, what he feels for Avni, he has never felt it before. He knows that Avni is not in love with him yet, but she will be. Shweta realized that Neil was finally happy, with a girl named Avni. Kareena and Avni had become best friends. Bebe adored Avni as well as Prakash. Finally, the Khanna household was becoming a home.

It had been a couple of weeks since Avni had agreed to stay, when Avni with her two mothers decided to go shopping. With Neil at the police station, Prakash at the office, Avni, Neela and Shweta decided to go shopping at the near by mall. The ladies had finished their shopping and were trying catch a taxi when a car came jumbling through the traffic, almost hitting Shweta. Neela pushed both Avni and Shweta out of the way, but got hit instead bouncing off the car to tumbled down to the concrete.

Avni quickly got up and grabbed Neela. Was yelling for an ambulance. Shweta quickly called for an ambulance, then called DD.

"Dhakal, listen to me! Where is Neil? He's there with you. Okay, listen to me carefully, we are at the crosswalk of Marine and Main. Neela ji was hit by a car. It didn't stop. It is bad, Avni need Neil. I need you to bring Neil here asap. I have called the ambulance, I need you to call Prakash ji." she hung up on him and tried to help Avni.

Five minutes later, Neil comes running through the crowd, yelling for Avni and his Ma. He saw that Neela was lying still in Avni's lap. Avni was calling out to her mother, asking her to open up her eyes. DD, and the other constables, were managing the crowd, and trying to figure out where the ambulance was.

Once the ambulance was there, they took Neela ji to the morgue, as Neela had passed away from the trauma of being hit. Avni went into shock, she was refusing to believe that her mother had passed away. DD was left in charge of the investigation, and Neil took Avni and Shweta home where Prakash was waiting for them along with Bebe.

A couple weeks pass, Avni was having a hard time accepting that her mother, her support was gone. One of the days, Avni was staring at Neela's picture, started to ask her questions. What she didn't realize was that Neil and Shweta were watching her.

"Ma, come back please. I promise I will do everything you say." cried Avni. "Ma, I need you. I can't do this without you!"

She turned towards the religious Statue, and yelled "Why!! Why are you doing? You are supposed to be all mighty! Why do always take my happiness? What have I done to you? You have taken my parents before, and now my Neela Ma? Why? Why couldn't you spare her! Why couldn't you take me?"

"Avni!" yelled Shweta

"Avni!" yelled Neil.

Avni crumbled towards the floor, as both Neil and Shweta ran towards her. Shweta pulled Avni into her arms, as Avni cried and cried. "Why, Mummyji, why did my ma leave me. I need her. i want my Neela Ma." cried Avni.

"Beta, God needed her more. God always has special jobs for special people. Your Neela Ma was needed but she made sure that you were taken care of. She gave a Papa, a Bebe and a new Ma. Most of all, she gave you Neil. He is your support, your love and most of all, he's your family. He would do anything for you. He would be lost without you. You two complete each other." said Shweta.

Neil picked her up and took her to their room. He sat her on the bed, and kneeled down holding her hands and with his head in her lap. "Why do you always talk about leaving me?"

"I am sorry Neil. I don't know what to do. I feel lost, lost without my anchor. Do you know Neela Ma was my anchor. She was my everything. I would have died for her. She was my father, my mother, sister and best friend in one. She was my mentor and role model. Things were finally looking up for us. We got justice from Dayawanti, we found a new family, we were starting over. Why did this happen! Why? I want her back, please bring her back Neil! I want her back!" cried Avni.

Neil sat on the bed, and pulled Avni into his arms, rubbing her back. "I am sorry, Avni, if I had the power to bring her back, I would. I know how much she mattered to you, to us. We are here, we won't take the place of Ayesha Ma or Neela Ma, but Ma and Bebe will be your anchor. Papa adores you, everyone loves you here, if you try to leave us, you will hurt everyone that loves you here. We love you Avni. We need you to complete our family. " as her murmured into her ears.

After a while, he noticed that Avni's breathing had evened out, and she had fallen asleep. Shortly after, Shweta and Prakash were at the door, wanting to come in. Neil called out and asked them to come in. Shweta and Prakash noticed that Neil was laying down on against the headboard with Avni still in his arms sleeping.

"Avni is sleeping. She must be worn out."

"Tillu, Beta, we have made a decision." said Shweta

"Beta, we are gonna go on a family trip, so Avni can get away from all these memories here. This house, Neela Ji's place, Chamko Cafe all these places have alot of memories of Neela Ji. I know this isn't the right time, but Avni is scared that we will leave her like her mothers. We have to reinforce that the fact that we are her family now. And we are never gonna leave her. We need to be her protectors, her anchors and support. We love her and we will fight for her."

"Thank you Ma, Papa. I didn't know what to do, how to help her, but with all your help, we can get Avni thru this." said Neil.