Wedding Avneil Style: Tit for Tat

The marriage was finally complete.  Avni had looked around and saw her former inlaws.   The Khannas.    She noticed that Bebe and Shweta were crying, but she couldn't tell if it was in happiness or sadness.    She had left the Khanna Family a year ago, after she was came back from Goa, bringing back Juhi's daughter, Mishty.    Neil and Juhi were happy with their daughter, she had no place in their family.   After coming back from Goa, Neil and Avni were get into arguements in which Avni always had to apologize to Juhi.  Finally, Avni thought it was better if she had a clean break.   Neela Ma tried to convince her to fight for her marriage, but Avni said how can she fight for something that isn't hers.  Neil doesn't love her, he loves Juhi.   It would be better if she finally accepts that.    She was Nihal's wife now.   Neil was not apart of her life.  

Flashback

After a horrible fight, Avni left the Khanna Mansion and sent divorce papers to Neil.   Neil came over to Pariek House, called Avni, called Neela, even stalked Ali's cafe, but no luck.   Avni and Neela had disappeared.     A few weeks after the incident, Neela texted Neil, stating "We are OK.  Please don't look for us.   Avni is recovering.   Please sign the papers.   She wishes you and Juhi a happy married life."  Neela

Avni is finally wanting to move on.   Neela and Avni came back to Mumbai, Aman was out of jail.  Avni's purpose was finally being fulfilled.  Aman was back as he only spent a year in jail, he was finally out.   Neela and Avni had welcomed him home.   Avni was working in Neela's NGO.   Aman had gone back to school, life was moving on.

Whereas, Neil was still stuck at the same spot, Neil was still waiting for Avni to come back to him.   A couple of weeks after Avni had left,  Neil had found out that Juhi had lied,  that Juhi was the reason for Avni leaving him.   Juhi was manipulating Neil, and trying to get him to marrying her using Mishty as an excuse.    When the doctor had mentioned that Mishty's blood group didn't match anyone from the Khanna family,  Neil had gotten another test done without Juhi knowing about it.   Neil had assumed that the test was done incorrectly, so he had decided to get another one done, and didn't mention it to anyone not wanting to stress anyone.  But he was the one that was shocked when the test had come back negative.  He then decided to test it against Vidyut Pandit on a hunch, and was in shock when it came back positive.      When he confronted Juhi, she told the truth,  she even gave evidences against Vidyut which lead to his arrest, but it was an empty win as his Avni was not with him.  

He missed Avni, and Neela Ma, but nothing.

Finally after 10 months, he finally got some news.  Neela and Avni were back in Mumbai.  Aman was being released, so they were living in Mumbai again.  Neela's NGO was being overseen by Avni and Aman was going back to school.    Neil finally had his chance.   He was gonna do everything he could get his Avni back.

But Neil had lost, he found out that Avni was gonna get married.   His Avni was going to be someone else's wife.    Neela had come over to give Avni's wedding card to the Khanna family.

Neil cried, he cried to his parents and grandmother, but they couldn't do anything.  

End of Flashback

Avni looked backed at her groom, Nihal.....Neil?  She stumbled backwards,  Neil and Neela had steady her.

"You!!  Where's Nihal?"  asked Avni

"Yes, Me.  Nihal is where he should be.  At home with his parents."   said Neil

"But we are getting married." stammered Avni

"Actual, we, as you and I, got married.  Again." stated Neil.

"No!"  cried Avni.

"Yes.  My tubelight wife.  We did" said Neil.

"Why are you doing this to me!  Is this your revenge?  I have nothing to give, there is nothing to take from me!  Leave me alone"  cried Avni hitting Neil in the chest.

"Calm down!  I am not taking revenge from you.  Why would I hurt you, I love you.  I missed you.  I promised I would fix this, and I have."  said Neil holding Avni's arms.

"You can't!  I don't want you to fix this."  yelled Avni pulling away from Neil.

Avni walked up to Prakash and said, "Papaji, I am sorry"

"Avni beta, there's no need for that.  What's happened, has happened for good.  Let's go home." said Prakash.

"No, Papaji.  I said sorry because I will probably hurt you, and I never want to hurt you.  When we got married the first time, we should have known that it wouldn't have last, that I am cursed.  There was no love, no rituals and trust.  Even now, all I wanted was to be married to a man that would stand by me.  Look how that turned out, I guess I am unwanted."  stated Avni bravely.

"Avni!  How dare you say these things.  You didn't even let me explain.  You left me.  We were a partnership and you left me!"  said Neil

"What was I supposed to do.  Watch you and Juhi play happy family."  yelled Avni

"We are not playing happy family."  yelled Neil.

"Avni, Neil.  Enough.  Let's go home.  And talk about this calmly.  We need to welcome our daughter in law properly."  said Bebe

"But"  Avni started to speak

"Avni, the rituals for this wedding, were regarding Neil, not Nihal?"  said Neela Ma

"What?"  said Avni

"Yes.  When I met with Neil and his family, Neil was heartbroken.   When I found out that he has been looking for us, since we left,  I gave him another chance.   He explained everything.    It wasn't his fault.  It was circumstances that both of you were reacting to.  Neil loves you , Avni.  And I know that Avni loves Neil.    So I decided that you would marry Neil.    So the mendhi  was done in Neil's name, the Haldi came from Neil's house, the pooja was done in both your names, your wedding dress is the one that Neil picked out."  said Neela

"How did I not know?" whispered Avni

"A bomb could have gone off, and you wouldn't have noticed, Di.  You have been so distracted, you didn't even noticed that Neil jeeju was standing beside you during the pooja not Nihal.    Nihal was standing a little behind him."  said Aman.

"Besides, you couldn't married Nihal"  said Neela

"Why?"  asked Avni

"Cause we are still married.  You may have sent divorce papers to me, but I never signed them and nor did I submit them!  I will never do that!  Remember I will never let you go!"  yelled Neil