Downfall - Version 2

Avni knew she was out of all options, except to talk to Prakash Khanna about the deal he has with Dayawanti Mehta.    With no recourse, she headed over to the Khanna Mansion.  Luckily she knew that Neil Khanna wouldn't be there since he lived at his bachelor pad, which made things a little easier for Avni.

When she reached the Khanna Mansion, she was led into the sitting area and told to wait.   Avni looked around the room and saw quite of few pictures of the family.    As she walked around the room checking out the pictures, some made her smile while one made her shocked enough to pick up the frame.

"Oye, Ananya.  Don't touch."

"Sorry, Auntie, Uncle." said Avni, not realizing that Neil was watching her from the corner.   

"Don't worry beta.  Now tell me why you are here."  said Prakash

"I need you to break your business deal with Dayawanti Mehta.  I am sorry but that deal mustn't go thru."  cried Avni.

"I am sorry, but I can't do that.  That deal along with the wedding will go thru."

Neil quietly started to record the conversation.

"Uncle, I just want the business deal to be cancelled.  Have the wedding but afterwards cancel the business deal.  Otherwise,  Dayawanti Mehta has a plan to take everything from you after the wedding as she has become bankrupted."  stated Avni

"How could you say that!  You have no right to malign Dayawanti Mehta's name like that."  stated Shweta.

"Fine!"  yelled Avni.

Avni picked up the picture that shocked her in the first place, and said, "Ayesha Haider.  How do you know her.   I didn't think that she ran with the same circle as the upper class."

"She was my best friend, she is gone now.  I miss her.  Last time I saw her, we fought about her husband.    She was so blinded in love, that she couldn't see that he was not right for her.  Actually, I am surprised that I even told you about her.  Did you watch her film, is that why you know who she is?"  asked Shweta.  

"Actually,  I knew her.   Her life, struggles and her death."

"What?"  asked Shweta.

"Ayesha Haider.  An actress, who fell in love with her director, Ashish Mehta, the son of Dayawanti Mehta.     Had a relationship with Ashish Mehta when his mother found out about the relationship, Ashish Mehta terminated the relationship.   The house in which they lived in, he gave to Ayesha.   This relationship which was just a live-in,  produced a daughter, Avni Haider.   When Avni was about 8 years old, she was called a sin, illegitimate.   She never knew that Ashish Mehta was her father.  Soon he came back into their lives.  He lied, convinced Ayesha to take him back.   Ayesha adored Ashish.   Soon, Ayesha and Ashish, were about to get married, when Ashish left her at the alter.   He got married to Sheetal.   Ayesha found out that she was pregnant again.    She gave birth to a boy, who was taken away from Ayesha after he was born.    Ayesha was fighting for him, when she was killed by Dayawanti Mehta.   So you were right, Ashish Mehta was not right for her."

"What" said Prakash

" I am surprised that you would attached yourselves to the family that murdered Ayesha.  I was surprised to see this picture here.   The Khanna family."  mocked Avni

"Ananya, watch your tone"  stated Neil as he walked into the room.

"Who are you? Tell me the truth, and I will cancel the deal." stated Prakash.

"I am Avni Ayesha   Daughter of Ayesha Haider,  Fatima Banno's granddaughter.    Ashish Mehta's illegitimate daughter, Dayawanti's granddaughter.  I am Avni who was shot by Dayawanti, when I discovered that Dayawanti had murdered my mother."  said Avni

"Then who is Ananya Verma" asked Shweta

"I am.  But she doesn't exist.  Ananya is the name of my friend from college.   I am sorry Uncle.  But I can't let Dayawanti Mehta win.   I will do anything to break the business deal you have going with the Mehta.   I have a prepared another business deal with Pariek Industries, so you won't loose a deal, just a partner."

"Avi?"  said Shweta with a smile.

"Avi?  My mother used call me that.  I haven't heard anyone call me that since she died."  Avni smiled.

"Your mother used to call you that.   I saw you when you were a baby, but afterwards, your mother cut ties with me, stating she didn't want her bad luck to hurt my family." said Avni

"Avni Beta.  I will break the deal with the Mehtas.  I would love to work with Pariek Industries."  stated Prakash.

"Thank you.  Thank you so much.  I will stop trying to sabotaging the wedding now.  You may relax now.  Neil and Riya's wedding will go on without a hitch.  Only thing I wanted to do was breaking the business deal."  smiled a teary Avni.

"Wait one minute."  said Neil

"Yes."  said Avni

"You said you would do anything to break the business deal.  I have a deal for you?"  said Neil

"What?"  asked Avni

"Neil, what are you saying?  I have agreed!"  said Prakash

"The business deal will get cancelled if you marry me?" stated Neil

"What!"  yelled everyone

"Are you mad?" asked Prakash

"Neil, I don't want to break up your marriage.  My goal was to break the business deal."

"I don't want to get married to Riya, especially, if she knew about her family plans to destroy the Khannas"  stated Neil

"No!"  yelled Avni

"Fine.  Then the deal is still on with the Mehtas.  Try your best.  But know this, I will never let you win."  stated Neil

"Why are you doing this.  You are getting married to Riya.   My cousin.  I don't want to marry you.  I don't want to marry at all.   I don't believe in marriage.   My goal in life is Dayawanti Mehta.   She needs to pay for her sins."  cried Avni

"I agree.  She will pay for her sins, along with her family.  If they are guilty, they will go to jail.  But you are not going do it illegally, we will do it legally, and with witness.  But you are still going to marry me."

"Fine!"  yelled Avni as she ran out of the room.

Avni left the Khanna House, and Neil called DD,  "DD, Ananya Verma just left the Khanna House.  Track her and her phone.  I want minute to minute details.  Where she goes, who is meets and who she talks to.  Everything.  And I want a 24 hour trail on her.

"Neil, what your doing is wrong!"  said Prakash

"Yes, Tillu.  Leave her alone!"  said Shweta

"No!" yelled Neil

"Why"  asked Shweta

"Cause I love that daft girl,  Mom!!" yelled Neil.

"Neil?  You didn't even know her real name.  How can you"  asked Shweta

"Mom, I knew she was Avni Ayesha, not Ananya Verma.  I've know since the gas leak at her house.  Actually, I was able to get a few strands of her hair, during her rescue.  I was doubting her.  My head was saying not to trust her, but my heart was stating that whatever she was doing it was for the good.  I was attracted to Avni, she made me feel again.  I almost lost her during the gas leak.  Mom, I thought I lost her, I couldn't bear it.   When I thought she was gone, I couldn't breathe.  It was Avni who I love,  not Riya.  

"What?" 

"Yes Mom, Riya isn't even a consideration.  I was marrying her for you.   We are friends, but I am not in love with her,  but Avni I loved her since we fell off the cliff.    She is the one."  said Neil with his arms around Shweta.