☆coping mechanism~geoff~☆

You had called Geoff five million times and texted him even more. You'd barely seen him all day. He was sad, you knew that much. He'd locked himself in the bedroom and played guitar the entire day. Now he was nowhere in the apartment.

You called all his friends, you called his sister, you even called his mom. Nobody knew where he was. You had no choice but to go looking for him.

You called an Uber to take you to the nearest bar where you figured he'd be. He had a bad habit of trying to drown his demons. The problem was, they could swim.

The windows of the bar pulsed with light. When you stepped in, you could see a mass of bodies, all writhing and jumping in a compact group. You pushed through the people to the counter, where a tall, quiet looking guy leaned forward on his elbows. "Hey, what can I get for you?" "Uh, nothing." You pushed your hair out of your face.

"I was just wondering if you've seen my boyfriend? He's got brown hair that's swept to one side, and blue eyes?" The guy loomed amused. "Nose ring, striped shirt?" he said. Relief flooded your chest.  "Y-yeah. That's him. Do you know where he went?" A strange look crossed his face, and he pointed at something over your shoulder.

Your relief evaporated like a puddle of melted snow on hot pavement. There was Geoff, your Geoff, in the middle of the throng of people. He wasn't himself. He was too big, taking up too much space. And he was making out with someone else.

The girl was smaller than you, with curly red hair and a short black dress. He had his hands around her waist, and he was kissing her. Like he meant it.

"Geoff!" You stomped forward, pushing people out of your path. You grabbed his shoulder and yanked him away from the other girl. "Y/N," he breathed, the girl's pink lipstick smeared all over his mouth. "Geoff..." Your eyes burned as they filled with tears, and the lump in your throat was so big you could barely talk. "How could you? How could you do this to me?" You started backing away. People around you started to stare. And laugh. At you.

"Y/N, it's not what it looks like-" "Then what is it, Geoff? Because it looks like you're kissing someone else." Y/N, please-" You turned and ran out of the bar.

(im probs gonna write a pt 2 to this bc i actually like this plot...maybe itll go into an actual book of geoff fanfic?? who knows)