Chapter 4

"Jisoo"

"Hmm?" I replied. "What is it Jeonghan-ah?"

"What on earth is love?"

I didn't think much of it, Jeonghan was half asleep sitting on his chair, staring at the wall. "Duh? ask yourself." I replied "What has gotten into you all of a sudden. Is Jeonghannie in L O V E??" I said teasingly.

"Maybe? I like that person but I don't know why. Can I even call it love?" The shy boy replied in his usual sleepy tone.

"Well, isn't it quite like- Love is about needing someone, about feeling as if the day isn't quite right if they're not there. It's about knowing that, no matter how bad your day went, the moment you see them or hear their voice, the world seems to get back in its place. It's just that no matter how tired you are, just hearing them laugh makes you feel fresh again."

"You sure have a romantic soul, Jisoo!" Jeonghan said sounding more livelier than before.

"Pffft I just read it somewhere." I laughed.

He also laughed. It wasn't exactly all that funny but we laughed for quite some time until we finally stopped.

I could hear the BooSeokSoon squad fooling around in the other room when I heard Jeonghan say, "I love you Jisoo!" after he finally dozed off.

I replied "I love you too, Jeonghan" because it was normal for us. Ask anyone.

Wait what-!!??

I can still remember clearly everything Jeonghan has ever said to me with his sweet voice up until now.

"Jisoo, you're so cool."

"Would you teach me how to play the guitar someday?"

"Jisoo-ah! Seriously! What takes you so long to take a shower?"

"Shua-ah, remember to take your towel to the shower next time."

"Did you eat?"

"Shua-ah, can you turn off the lights"

"Shua-ah!! Can you hurry up? We need to go practice after this."

"You're so slow, Jisoo."

"Shua-ah, are you even listening?"

"Shua-ah!"

"Joshua!!!"

"AHH W-WHAT IS IT JEONGHAN-AH!??" I snapped coming back to my senses. I was greeted by the sunlight entering the room through the blinds and the smell of disinfectants of the hospital.

"You're finally awake! You were chanting my name 'YOON JEONGHAN, YOON JEONGHAN!!' while you were sleeping. Do you think of me as a rival or something? Calling me by my full name... Or perhaps... were you dreaming about me?" He gave me his usual smirk with a wink. I'm sorry but can you not-

"Yes I was!" I replied, "the way you cried yesterday came off as a shock. It gave me nightmares." I was only half kidding though when I said that.

"Pffft I wasn't crying. My eyes just got watery~" he said sarcastically. Like I'd buy that crap.

"Oh yeahh, but I remember you crying your eyes out." I decided to tease him a bit. "I'm sorry Jisoo-ah. It's because of me that you've become so vulnerable." I tried to re-enact how he acted last night while exaggerating most stuff and faking wiping my nose off on his shirt.

"Well, sorry?" He replied while giggling a little. I was still sniffing dryly and trying to hold back my laughter.

My phone, which was lying towards my left started buzzing all of a sudden. Jeonghan, who was lying towards my right, pulled out his hand to reach it. "Careful! I'm injured." I said faking some owws.